“When for business my favorite place” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #62 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Athens, Greece
“When for business my favorite place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

It is the second time I stay in this very honest and good hotel. Just one stop before Amsterdam central station and two stops after Schiphol airport.
A very decent , with spacious rooms and friendly stuff hotel , very good priced also , which is ideally situated for business purposes. It has good breakfast , with good espresso also!!!!
I do recommend it

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GM_HI_Express, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Sloterdijk Station, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Angelo A,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your time to write this review.
Your words are very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Anne Schrijen

541 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

The conditions in this hotel are very good. The bed is really comfortable
You cannot hear a thing from the railway station outside.
The position of this hotel is very convenient with good tram connections (you take tram 12 and get off very close to the centre)
Not to mention that you can take almost any train to Amsterdam Central and it takes around 12 minutes.
Plus when you are ready to go to the airport there is a direct train from there and it takes 30 minutes.
Again "good connections"

Room Tip: ask for a room on the side opposite to the train station if you can.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dragosmr,

Thank you for staying with us and for your time to write this review. We are pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. We would be pleased to welcome you back in the near future.

Anne Schrijen
Wiesbaden, Hessen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This property was one of the best I have stayed at in Amsterdam no complaints what so ever! The only concern was parking I had a space but didn't see many in there garage but I could be wrong and there are more somewhere else.But staff,room and everything else was just fine.The price is right in line with the quality of the stay.HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Room Tip: Seems all rooms were just breakfast bar was good and fresh not very crowed and lots of space.did not...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GM_HI_Express, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Sloterdijk Station, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Todd O,

Thank you for your enthusiastic response on TripAdvisor. Please rest assure your praise will be shared with the team. We do have second parking garage in the building, one floor up from where you were parked.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam Sloterdijk Station.

Vancouver, British Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Hi,

We stayed here for 4 nights and did not encounter any problems. It is in a good location and getting to the airport was only 2 stops. Despite being so close to the train station we did not have any problems sleeping. It is only one stop from Amsterdam Central and it took only 6 minutes to get there. The area is very quiet at night and there is one restaurant (cafe hermes) which is a minute walk from the hotel. The location is very convenient to taking the train to Delft, the Hague, Alkamaar, Haarlem and Brussels.

To get to the hotel, look for the bus and tram exit. As soon as you are outside, turn right and it will lead you to the Holiday inn level -2 entrance. Ring the buzzer if you are not a guest yet and someone will buzz you in. We had a difficult time finding the entrance so hope the instructions I have given are clear for future guests.

Internet connection was great. Breakfast consists of hot and cold items. However, unlike
North America Holiday inn expresses there was no cinnamon rolls or cookies in the evening. My only gripe is the bed, whenever you roll over towards the centre it sort of caves in.

I would definitely recommend this establishment to friends as it is much cheaper staying here than in the centre of town.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HI_Express, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Sloterdijk Station, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear caphill,

Thank you for such a complete review and the time you have taken to so. As you may have noticed there are construction works taking place at the front side of the hotel. I am happy to inform you that, once complete, we will be moving our entrance to the more logical side of the building. An improvement we are very much looking forward to.

Over the last 6 months we have been replacing all of our mattresses in order to improve the comfort of our guest. Please be so kind as to contact me via info.amsop@hiex.nl with the room you have stayed in order for check the bed myself.

Again, thank you for your kind words and we do look forward to welcoming you to our hotel during your next visit to Amsterdam.

Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This location makes for a great stay between the airport and Central. We stayed 2 nights and I must say I was very happy with our choice. The hotel is a quick train ride from the Airport and we were checked in early by a very Friendly Staff member. The room was a standard double twin room as we booked, super clean and just the right size overlooking the Train Station.

Breakfast was typical buffet, it was tasty and made for a great start to our days.

The super helpful staff never let us down with suggestions, we rented bikes and were able to check out a very nearby Windmill. Instead of taking the train to Centraal, we took Tram line 12 from the front door to the Museum District in about 20 minutes.

All in all, the location is great, the price was right and the rooms clean. I was very impressed by this property and will consider staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
GM_HI_Express, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Sloterdijk Station, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear ksugeog,

Thank you for your kind words. It always is warming to read our guests had such a good time whilst staying with us. Please rest assure you postive feedback will be shared with the team!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Fresenburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have to say I visited the hotel only one night, so I write about the experience of one day. But already in the beginning its strange the mainentree of the hotel is out of order ( and looks like long time not used ) so you have to take a side-door near the garage. The lobby was clean and OK check in without problems, but the personal told me already at this time we are sorry but because so many guest are here now its possible the internet connection. In clear it was at all not possible to login ( connection less than a second so it was not possible to login ). At the room the carped needs a cleaning the walls some paint. The cups was dirty, means not used but bad cleaned and the spoons not polished, also the toilet was not well cleaned.

I cant write about the breakfast because I didn't tried it so I will not talk about.

Very good was the personal at reception nice polite guys very helpful and a big plus of the hotel. Also the bed was very good and clean this both points are the reason for 3 stars.

Room Tip: I will not use this hotel again
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
GM_HI_Express, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Sloterdijk Station, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Stefan P,

Thank you for the time you have taken to write a review on the hotel on TripAdvisor. I have to agree with you that in any hotel the rooms should be clean and that the difference is made in the details.

The city of Amsterdam is currently renovating the square in front of the hotel, once this is finished we expect to move the entrance to the more logical site of the building. Regarding the internet I am happy to inform you that an upgrade is scheduled later this month. Today, guests travel with many appliances they would like to have online whilst being on the road. For that reason the number of IP addresses in the hotel will be adjusted to supply with the demand from our guests.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed the service as provided by the team as well as our newly installed beds. I am confident that, with the current upgrades taking place, we will be able to provide you with everything that you may expect whilst staying at a Holiday Inn Express Hotel.

Again thank you for your time!

north lanarkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from 3 nights at this hotel. The location is great, 2 train stops from the airport, and 1 stop from central amsterdam. The trains are frequent, clean and cheap. The front door is tricky to find, but as I had read here about it, it wasn't too much of a problem. It is down a flight of stairs at the side, and around to the door. You then enter, and take the lift from -2 to ground for reception. The doors are locked after 2300 hrs for security but there is a buzzer and you need only give your name and room number for entry.
Check in was quick, and we were allocated room 727 on 7 the floor, looking onto the train station below.
The windows in rooms open which is a plus point, obviously you can hear the trains as they come & go frequently, with the window open, but the trains are not an issue when sleeping or relaxing. The rooms are a decent size, although there is no wardrobe, only a 6 hanger hanging space, it is adequate for short stays. There are no drawers of any kind, so storage is limited to 2 shelfs or keeping your stuff in your baggage. There is no safe in the room, but the in room hotel guide explains safes are available at reception. There is a kettle and a small tea/coffee selection, but no milk provided. As there is no fridge either, we did not bother purchasing milk. However I would imagine you could obtain it via reception.
Beds are comfortable, springy with nice crisp bed linens. Although I was horrified that there are no mattress covers/protectors, you can see through the sheet to the blue stripes mattress below. And the large mattress buttons dig into you at times as there is no cover. I have never stayed in a hotel anywhere, and found no mattress cover. I had hoped that it was a housekeeping oversight, but even after the first night, housekeeping did not put one on. I did not dare to check the mattress for fear of stains and marks, that would put me off sleeping here. The bathrooms are lovely, quite roomy, and the shower is great. The bathroom gleamed and looked pristine. Towels were plentifull and changed daily.
The free included breakfast was fine, served until 10am weekdays and until 12 noon at weekends. The choice was a little limited, toast,cereals,juice,croissants etc, but as it is free, you cannot really complain. It was replenished frequently, well organised and fresh.
My main bone of contention about my stay was being woken at 0900am on Sunday morning by a male hotel worker banging my door, and when I opened it he wanted to know what time we intended checking out at ??? I told him we would leave at the designated check out time of 12 noon. We had actually intended on having a lie in, until this man woke us up. No apology for waking us, he just strolled off.
I liked this hotel, it's clean, fresh and comfortable but for me, the mattress protector and not being allowed to sleep late on my last morning are very negative points.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HI_Express, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Sloterdijk Station, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear suzysnoozy,

Thank you for your kind words and the time you have taken to write about your stay on TripAdvisor. I would like to apoligize for waking you up that early. Please rest assure that this will be addressed to avoid situations like yours in the future.

Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam Sloterdijk Station

Been to Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam-Sloterdijk Station? Share your experiences!