“Just what we were looking for” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampshire Hotel - Theatre District Amsterdam

You added Hampshire Hotel - Theatre District Amsterdam to your Saves list
Hampshire Hotel - Theatre District Amsterdam
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nassaukade 387 - 390, 1054AE Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #232 of 357 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Just what we were looking for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

As others say a bit of work goin on next door but where our room was we never seen or heard a thing. A 2 minute walk from the airport link bus although us 2 dafties walked by it lol . Friendly welcome & although not the biggest room in the world it was ideal for me & the wife. Nice comfy bed & that's a rarity in my experience. Would go back there at the drop of a hat

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Muggo1972

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Executive Summary

Pros - Friendly staff, decent location, free coffee or tea in reception, clean

Cons - Ongoing construction next door, noisy road, bathroom smells, small rooms (standard for 3 star hotels in Western Europe)

Overall it was an ok stay at the hotel par the noise. However the building next door is undergoing construction and therefore, given there is no A/C so windows must be opened during the summer, it is quite noisy in the morning - they start work at 8am.

Top tip - If budget permits, I would recommend spending a little extra for a hotel with A/C, as in the summer it may be hot and with window open, it can be noisy given the proximity of road.

Room Tip: No A/C in all rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
StefaanvdS, General Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Theatre District Amsterdam, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feed-back. I am sorry you suffered from noise nuisance from our neighbours. As we were ourselves not informed about these works we were unfortunately not able to take precautions. I appreciate that this has taken away a lot of your comfort, but am also pleased to learn your enjoyed our hotel, staff and location.

Stefaan, Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed in June during the world cup.
Hotel is located near Leiden Square (plenty of restaurants and bars), about a 25 minute walk from Central Station.
Hotel staff were pleasant, friendly and helpful.
Rooms were basic and quite small but clean and what you would expect for the price.
To get in at night you have to ring the intercom but there was always someone there to let us in.
Free WiFi worked fine in our rooms. Free tea and coffee in reception lounge.
Ask at reception for an iron and board.
Hotel was quiet as it wasn't directly next to the hustle and bustle so you can get a good night sleep.
Also there is a Lidl just around the corner should you need it.
Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The hotel is quite friendly. Some rooms are very small. Surprising is the missing basic equipment, e.g. electricity plug at the bathroom (it is not possible to use electric shaver, etc.)! Free wifi (but not always working). Free tea, coffee.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear Priam,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your comments and will address your points raised. I trust you contacted our staff with regards to the wifi acces. As we have excellent wifi coverage throughout our hotel we are able to assist with adjusting your settings to use this service fully.

Encinitas, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The best thing about this hotel is how incredibly quiet it is. If you want a good night sleep, this is your place!

You are also close to many of Amsterdam's main attractions. Staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. The free WIFI is slow, but you have options to upgrade to a faster speed for a few Euros. Free coffee and tea in the lobby throughout the day. We paid the extra few Euros for a deluxe room and I thought it was a great size for a European hotel.
All in all, great value for the money :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

OMG I have never seen such a small hotel room, no room to move and hot and stuffy, just as we'll we only stayed 3 nights. If you're visiting Amsterdam book a 4star, this was meant to be 3star but I would rate it as 2.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed here last month on business and was terribly, terribly disappointed. Much to my dismay, I did not choose to stay in this property, my company did. I checked in to the first room and found a BED BUG (yes, red little creature) crawling on the bed. I immediately went downstairs and told the front desk agent of the situation - showed her a picture and video of the bug and all. I was then moved into a different room, still terrified. A few days into my stay (I was set to stay 8 nights) I noticed red dots all over my skin; I went down to the front desk to check out early (I couldn't possibly stay in this infested establishment any longer) and the front desk agent - same one as the one who moved my room - who pretty much told me there was nothing she could do for me and had to charge me for the night because I was "within the cancellation period." She did not even help me find a laundromat to wash all of my clothing that came in contact with that hell-hole they call a "hotel." The only person that was even the least bit helpful was the Housekeeping Supervisor who at least sympathized with me. Cut to a month later, all the hotel did to redeem themselves was refund me the cancellation fee; that's it. Despite the fact that I paid for my laundry & had to buy an entirely new suitcase.

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT stay here. It is NOT worth the aggravation.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank quething247
Dear Monica,

We have been in contact with regards to this issue on several occassions. As you are an employee of one off our biggest suppliers I will not react to your review publicly on Tripadvisor.
We have informed your company about your feed back.