Having stayed in the Swissotel twice, we have found this Hotel the most perfectly located Hotel, on the corner of Dam Square, next to the Palace. The Hotel is small (as most are in Old Amsterdam), the hotel stylish, maybe not to every taste, but clean and modern. The room we have had both times, looks out onto the main street (The Damrak), opposite the Department Store. Most complain about the noise, especially from the constantly running trams, although this did not bother us, having lived in London for so long, we must be immune to noise.
The restaurant served ample, typically Continental Style Breakfasts, the restaurant of an evening served good food in an ambient setting, perfect for a couple to relax and unwind.
The reception staff were always very helpful and would suggest good restaurants, clubs, pubs and sightseeing, off the usual tourist circuit, (or as they often told us, "This is where the Beautiful People go"). Our room, which was front facing on the second floor, with a large bay window, was always clean and well aired.
The location was perfect to suit all tastes of tourist, from leaving the hotel lobby, turn left for Tat, Sex and the Seedy side of Amsterdam, turn right and cross the square for Culture, Museums, Shopping and the Restaurant District, best of both worlds and set perfectly between the two.
Everything we wanted to see on both visits, was within walking distance from the Hotel, which was great especially when you have shopped too heavily at the Flower Market.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone on either business or leisure in Amsterdam. It's in a perfectly safe location in the very centre of Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissotel Amsterdam boasts the best location in town, right at Dam Square in the heart of the city centre. Being just 20km from Schiphol Airport and a short walk from Central Station, this 4-star hotel offers a perfect base for your stay in Amsterdam. All major sights and attractions are within walking distance. Offering 110 soundproof rooms and suites, Swissotel Amsterdam makes a quiet and comfortable haven amidst a bustling density of high-end shops, restaurants and bars.All rooms include a Nespresso coffee machine and individually controllable climate control. Hotel guests have free access to Swissotel Amsterdam Fitness, featuring state of the art cardio-vascular equipment, and to the Business Centre, providing free internet and office supplies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Swissotel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Swissotel Hotel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Swissotel Hotel
- Swiss Hotel Amsterdam