Stayed in this hotel for a weekend. It is indeed centrally located. I booked a junior suit and it was a nice room all in all, with a great view; though central window frame is a bit loose and flooring is a bit shabby.
What was not nice is their room service. I went for a walk on Saturday morning (at around 10 am) and came back at around 1 pm to catch up on my e-mails and take a shower. My room was not made, which didn't bother me a bit. I've been in the shower when maid knocked on my door. I asked her to come back later. So she did - in around 30 minutes. When I opened the door she gave me an attitude for still staying in the room and urged me to get out because, as she explained, my room was the last on the floor and her shift was ending in 30 minutes. That was quite intermidating. Never been in a situation like that before, so I just grabbed my laptop and went to a cafe nearby to finish things I was doing.
Apart from that - everything else was fine. Though I have to warn those booking a junior suite: bathroom has a glass wall and door. So if you are not coming alone, beware taking a bath with someone in a room could be a bit difficult (unless you don't mind them see you naked).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissotel Amsterdam boasts the best location in town, right at Dam Square in the heart of the city centre. Being just 20km from Schiphol Airport and a short walk from Central Station, this 4-star hotel offers a perfect base for your stay in Amsterdam. All major sights and attractions are within walking distance. Offering 110 soundproof rooms and suites, Swissotel Amsterdam makes a quiet and comfortable haven amidst a bustling density of high-end shops, restaurants and bars.All rooms include a Nespresso coffee machine and individually controllable climate control. Hotel guests have free access to Swissotel Amsterdam Fitness, featuring state of the art cardio-vascular equipment, and to the Business Centre, providing free internet and office supplies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Otel, Agoda, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and Tingo so you can book your Swissotel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Swissotel Hotel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Swissotel Hotel
- Swiss Hotel Amsterdam