“Great location clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
20% OFF YOUR STAY
Ranked #57 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Toronto, Canada
“Great location clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Just got home from business trip to Amsterdam, I stayed at this hotel. It was very good clean modern rooms, however small like most of European hotels. They did not want to give me room yet as a light bulb was burned out, but after an overnight flight I told them they can fix that later I just needed bed. The point is that was a nice attention to detail that they even knew at front desk one bulb was burnt out, not many North American hotels would have cared if they even knew.
the bed by the way was one of the most comfortable I have slept in, I should have looked up make of mattress for later use. Very secure hotel you can not even access elevators without a room key card no matter what time of day. Would I stay here again you bet.
It is located right off the Dam Square and walking distance to almost any site downtown including Train station.

Room Tip: if arriving from North America make sure you get early check in, as that is 2pm and NA flights tend...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
SwissotelAmsterdam, General Manager at Swissotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
On behalf of all the colleagues here at Swissôtel Amsterdam I would like to express our sincere appreciation for choosing to stay with us and for also taking the time to share your wonderful feedback with your fellow travelers.
Being able to share your feedback to our team will help me to truly show them how much we appreciate all of their hard work and service provided to you and all our guests.
Our team will eagerly await your hopeful return so that we take wonderful care of you once again.

1,221 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
St Petersburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Two problems: when checking out, I was promised by an elegant East-Asian lady at the reception that the money blocked at my card at the moment of my arrival will be back on my account by the period 24, maximum 48 hours, "depends of the bank", as she told me. Today is February 7th, I left hotel January 31th. Guess, did I get my money back? Yes, you are totally correct, I got NOTHING back still... Week has passed... How many time I have to wait more, I wonder??
Another point is the "deposit", euro 50 per day for all your stay, as "an insurance for the damage" I can create during my stay in the hotel. I believe no one hotel with self-respect will charge that... that means you have no respect at all to your clients, from my personal point of view.
These two reasons, I suppose, are just enough not to enter this hotel. Ever.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback.
We wrote you a personal email to elaborate on the situation which occurred and hopefully to solve any inconvenience caused.

New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We started the week in Amsterdam in a small canal side hotel with steep stairs and decided to move to a larger hotel mid week. Pleasantly surprised at the size, decor and cleanliness of the room. Expected smaller European style room and bathroom. Very comfortable king size bed. They gave us free upgrade to a suite too. My first stay in a Swissotel but I'll definitely consider them in the future. Good value for the quality of hotel too. Not much more than the tiny canal hotel room but many more amenities (except included breakfast).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
I would like to sincerely thank you for having stayed with us during your time in Amsterdam.
Thank you for pointing out the size and cleanliness of our rooms.
We truly hope that it will not be long before we can welcome you back

Alwadi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Don not miss opportunity to stay in Swissotel when you get fair price. Very good location, Friendly staff, clean room, FREE WIFI, quiet environment. I personally advise all to stay there. The only thing need to be changed is bathroom items essence.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

I would like to truly thank you for taking the opportunity to write such wonderful feedback about the details of your experience with our hotel and personally recommending us.
We truly hope that you will find your way back to Amsterdam for another visit and we will look forward to providing you our warm and engaging hospitality again.

Ra'anana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The hotel is perfectly located right on Dam square. Rooms and the hotel in general is very clean and well kept. the service of all the hotel team is really great! Wonderful breakfast! Once in Amsterdam again i would definately go there again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent experience at our hotel.
We greatly appreciate this feedback that you have shared that will allow us to recognize many colleagues for a job well done.
Our team will eagerly await your hopeful return so that we take wonderful care of you once again and create more lasting memories.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

My husband booked this hotel for my bday (Jan,26-Jan,29). We got a very nice room with the beautiful view on Dam squire. I was impressed with the coffee machine in the room. Also each room has a big flat TV with lots of channels including russians one. Room was perfectly cleaned, excellent white bed linen and with awesome pillow menu.
Staff are really friendly and were always ready to help.
The first night we got complimentary plate of fruits. Also on my bday, I got free bottle of champagne, some nibbles and card.
Every night room service was providing us with bottle of water and some small sweets before bed.
I just want to say thank you to all staff for the professionalism and hard work. You guys awesome!

Room Tip: ask for the room with the view on dam squire
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SwissotelAmsterdam, General Manager at Swissotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
We are absolutely thrilled to have been able to take care of you during your stay.
Your experience really speaks to what we strive to achieve for all of our guests and these comments will allow us to share the story and continue to inspire our team to always do more for our guests.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

As walk-ins we didnt think they could manage to fit a group of 7 (4 double rooms) in, but they did..! As soon as you walk in, you get hit with this warm scented aroma, which was homely.. Fantastic rooms so you can see the beautiful town... brill location will be back for my 30th

• Stayed February 2014
Wow.. I feel truly humbled and appreciative to read such wonderful feedback on our hotel and especially our service.
We look are looking forward to welcoming you back and make your 30th birthday celebrations extra special for you.

Swissôtel Amsterdam

Been to Swissotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!