“A Passion for Perfection -The Swissotel Way” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #56 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Worcester, MA
“A Passion for Perfection -The Swissotel Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I just came back from 4 days at the Swissotel Amsterdam. It was great, from the time we stepped into the entrance until we departed, everyone showed a “Passion for Perfection” the Swissotel way. Our flight came in early at 6AM and we arrived at the hotel around 9AM. While I had requested an early check-in, I figured 12 or 1 they would have a room ready for us. We checked our two bags and they suggested we go for a stroll. We came back around 11 and the MOD desk associate told us to have a seat nearby while she called housekeeping. Shortly afterwards I observed her taking our luggage out of the closet to the elevator. She came back down a few minutes later and asked if we would like to accompany her to our room. The Wow factor, rather than just handing us the keys, she accompanied us to our room which was great as we were going on 24 hrs. without any sleep. Good room introduction too. The room was great, clean, plenty of space, and guess what the best of all was, the mini fridge without sensors. We were able to buy small bottles of beverages and cheese and have a place to put them during our stay. The bed was comfortable, turndown service was not expected but was nice, as was the chocolate left on our pillows every night. Now for the important things in life, the Bathroom. My wife was happy, iron, hair drier, lotions, soap and clean every day glasses and comfortable soft towels. The shower took about 5 seconds to figure out how to use, plenty of water pressure and warm water came right on as I turned the knob. Our room was on the first floor and close to Dam Plaza, but it was sound proof. Did not hear much outside noise, slept great, comfortable bed. Every time we came back to our room in the late afternoon, our room was redone and perfect. All of the housekeepers we encountered had a smile and a greeting for us, a genuine one, not mechanical in tone. The front desk associates equally were great, always a greeting when we got off the elevator and when we entered the property with a pleasant comment. While there is not concierge desk at this property, the front desk associates were great with directions and the tram stops right in front of the hotel. We could have stayed at many places in Amsterdam, but we both said that this was a good decision to stay at the Swissotel Amsterdam. One of the front desk associates recommended The Coffee Company right around the corner to us on our first day in the city (Dam 10) and it was a great place to start each day with it turned out. The pastries were really good, I mean really good. As a Nespresso lover, it was nice to have a machine in our room to enjoy during our stay. I can't think of any negative comments about this hotel, we both felt we were at home staying here and if and when we return, this is the only place we would stay at. I might add, it is very close to the Ann Frank Museum and two large shopping areas. Also there is a large supermarket right around the corner behind the Palace (Albert Hein), great place to bring snacks back to the room. Oh, I recall reading a negative comment about the airport hotel shuttle to the hotel from the airport web site. We booked it online, E53 round trip for two, arriving we were dropped off across the street from the hotel, departing we were picked up one block away, great value and as a sidelight, got a good tour for our first visit to the city as we were driving and dropping off other visitors in the van.,

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
SwissotelAmsterdam, General Manager at Swissotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and to share how Swissôtel Amsterdam and our staff have been able to create such a memorable stay to you and your wife. While reading through all the details of the experience you had at our hotel, it really shows you took full advantage of your stay with us. I highly appreciate your praises to our Housekeeping and Front Office staff, which I will certainly share with all team members involved.
We are looking forward to your next visit and I am confident that our team will find new ways to “WOW” you and provide the unique personalized service you expect from Swissôtel Amsterdam.

Harold J. Kluit

1,241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

My husband stayed at this hotel previously so we had no hesitation in staying there again. Situated just off Dam Square it couldn't be in a better position and just 15 minute walk from Central Station. Hotel was nicely decorated and the rooms were very clean with extremely comfortable beds. Our room was on the back of the hotel and quite quiet. Staff friendly and accommodating. All attractions and amenities close by. Would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
SwissotelAmsterdam, General Manager at Swissotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
I would like to express my most sincere appreciation for your wonderful feedback on your experiences with us. It is always so rewarding for myself and the entire team to hear from loyal guests like yourself and your husband.
Thank you for pointing out our very central location.
We are greatly looking forward to your return to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Zoetermeer
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Nice Hotel, good breakfast and location TOP! in Amsterdam. Close by the central Station and all other facilities. Price of the hotel for such a top location is reasonable. We had a big suite with a large room and bedroom, sunken bath with TV. All very nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

I would like to sincerely thank you for coming to stay with us during your time in Amsterdam.

I think you have absolutely nailed it with our combination of location, amenities and of course service. We continue to do everything we can to remain focused on these critical elements to provide the best possible home away from home we can.

sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed 5 nights, had upgrade but noisy extractor fan, reception staff changed our room no problem. Staff only to happy to help with any concerns or information. Comfortable bed and cosy room, clean and comfortable. Rooms are on the small side and we had no view, but if you plan to spend most of your time exploring this isn't a problem. Central location to Dam Square and surrounding tourist attractions only a short walk to many. We stayed here In December, the Christmas market right outside the front door and the Christmassy feeling was amazing coming from Australia the experience was second to none. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Internet free if you join swissotel circle rewards
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so delighted to hear that your experience here at our property was so enjoyable.
I also appreciate your feedback with regards to the noise disturbances you experienced. It is very nice to see that our colleagues were able to respond with care and empathy in this situation.
Thank you for pointing out our wonderful Wintermarket with our own Swiss Chalet, right in front of our hotel.
I certainly hope that you will find your way back to Amsterdam so that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Seoul
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I checked in the swissotel hotel and going up to the room by elevator and struck a pickpocket in elevator. However, I stay three nights in this hotel. But any hotel steps didn't say "I'm sorry" or "It's a pity that pickpocket in my hotel elevator.
just they suggest report to the police. I have to report to the police with hotel staff. It was the only action they have taken. I don't understand that this action of hotel. The Swissotel is really irresponsible hotel and security is a mess.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

SwissotelAmsterdam, General Manager at Swissotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Let me start by stating that I want to offer my profuse apologies for this most unhappy cause of events. We completely understand that this has caused you great inconvenience and trouble. However, I do not completely agree on your comments with regards to my hotel staff. My Duty Managers and head of Security did offer their profuse apologies and did their utmost to assist you and offered to walk with you to the police station, which you declined. I will write you a personal email to elaborate on the situation which occurred.

Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

if you wanna be close Dam square, fashion street, red light district and the central station this hotel is one of the best. It's five min to reach everywhere on foot. Nearly all tram lines stop by near the hotel.

The staff is so friendly. The room service is perfect. Very clean and good quality stuff

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to truly thank you for taking the opportunity to write such wonderful feedback about the details of your experience with our hotel and our colleagues and I truly hope that it will not be long before we can welcome you back

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

You get what you pay for, and having chosen this hotel solely for it's brilliant location right next to Dam square it was pleasing to stay somewhere that offered more than just a good location. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful throughout the hotel, the facilities were good (businessroom was smart with complimentary chocolates, gym was well equipped), the rooms were spacious. Wasn't a fan of the Nespresso machine. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
On behalf of all of the colleagues of Swissôtel Amsterdam I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us.
We are looking forward to your next visit and I am confident that our team will find new ways to “WOW” you, and provide the unique personalized service you come to expect of us.

Swissôtel Amsterdam

Been to Swissotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!