For a chain that prides itself on being a top notch business hotel, the lack of free WiFi is disappointing. Yes there is a business center on floor 1 (floor 2 to us non-Europeans) with 3 Mac stations, but that's not very convenient, especially if more than a few people want to get online.
Good location, right on Damrak St (and Dam Square), which seems to be the main drag through the heart of Amsterdam, and very close to the Central Train Station.
No real complaints other than the lack of free WiFi. Good A/C, clean hotel, nice shower.
I'd recommend it, but then my experience with Amsterdam hotels is limited to just this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissotel Amsterdam boasts the best location in town, right at Dam Square in the heart of the city centre. Being just 20km from Schiphol Airport and a short walk from Central Station, this 4-star hotel offers a perfect base for your stay in Amsterdam. All major sights and attractions are within walking distance. Offering 110 soundproof rooms and suites, Swissotel Amsterdam makes a quiet and comfortable haven amidst a bustling density of high-end shops, restaurants and bars.All rooms include a Nespresso coffee machine and individually controllable climate control. Hotel guests have free access to Swissotel Amsterdam Fitness, featuring state of the art cardio-vascular equipment, and to the Business Centre, providing free internet and office supplies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and EasyToBook so you can book your Swissotel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Swissotel Hotel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Swissotel Hotel
- Swiss Hotel Amsterdam