We have booked Tickets for the Swissotel one and a half months in advance and even recieved a confirmation.
Fast forward to the day the hotel was booked. We arrived in the afternoon and were immediately informed that there has been a mistake and that our room has been given to somebody else.
Then they rebooked us to a hotel outside of the center and the whole hassle for us started. For most of our plans which we did we had to be in the center of the city which we told them. As compensation they gave us two trips with a taxi. This was kind of a joke since we had to travel back and forth often. Because of that we had to spent lots of extra money on transportation in a city where hotels and taxis aren't really the cheapest. Money can be replaced, my main problem is the lost time that this has caused us, so much traveling to our destinations instead of being right there in the center.
This was the third time in the swissotel and even the first two experiences were alright, I will never again stay at the swissotel because of the weekend they ruined for us and the additional nerves and money it cost us. The worst kind of experience is when you arrive in a foreign city and they tell you your hotelroom is not available. The least I expect from my hotel is being dependable, the Swissotel has proven that this is not one of their traits.
Overall, I can't recommend this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Swissotel Amsterdam Hotel
- Swissotel Hotel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Swissotel Hotel
- Swiss Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissotel Amsterdam boasts the best location in town, right at Dam Square in the heart of the city centre. Being just 20km from Schiphol Airport and a short walk from Central Station, this 4-star hotel offers a perfect base for your stay in Amsterdam. All major sights and attractions are within walking distance. Offering 110 soundproof rooms and suites, Swissotel Amsterdam makes a quiet and comfortable haven amidst a bustling density of high-end shops, restaurants and bars.All rooms include a Nespresso coffee machine and individually controllable climate control. Hotel guests have free access to Swissotel Amsterdam Fitness, featuring state of the art cardio-vascular equipment, and to the Business Centre, providing free internet and office supplies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Amex, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, HotelsNL, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Swissotel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.