“excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Swissotel Amsterdam

You added Swissotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
Swissotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Damrak 96, 1012 LP Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Centrum)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
17% discount now!
Ranked #47 of 354 Hotels in Amsterdam
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 nights here in September. This is an excellent hotel either very friendly and professional staff. On arrival at reception we were given hot towels as we were very hot and sticky on arrival. We were dealt with efficiently by the reception staff and we're quickly in our room. Our room was on floor one and faced an alleyway and building next door, but not a problem as we were only in the room at night. The room was very nice very large double bed, large flat screen wall mounted, coffee machine, and safe mounted in wardrode. Bathroom a bit small but we'll appointed and a good rage of products supplied. We did not have any meals in the hotel as the breakfast was expensive so we got our breakfast at a cafe nearby. Oh the room also has a mini bar with prices attached, also outside of our room was a vending machine selling drinks snacks paracetamol condoms etc. Reception staff were always very helpful and friendly and recommended a good Italian restaurant. This hotel is located on Dam Square but very little noise could be heard through the windows. Room also has aircon Wi-Fi is available at extra cost. Great hotel next time we go back to Amsterdam we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This Hotel s in a great location, very close to trams and Central Station. Easy walk to shops, restaurants, bars and The Red Light District which every visitor to Amsterdam has to experience. The Hotel is clean, but the rooms are a little small although not cramped. Tea and coffee making facilities available, Business Centre, although there is no free WiFi. Breakfast is excellent with a very good range of choices. Staff were very helpful and courteous. Good selection of TV channels available that cater for English speaking people. My only issue with this Hotel is that it is quite expensive, but I would recommend it if you're seeking a centrally located Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
SwissotelAmsterdam, General Manager at Swissotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing Swissôtel Amsterdam during your stay in Amsterdam.
I will share your feedback with my team and we certainly hope that you will find your way back to Amsterdam and have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very comfortable rooms in this 4 star luxury hotel in Amsterdam. Large beds and good pillows, good natural light, most rooms overlook the Dam, that historic square right in the middle of town. The rooms are isolated from sound in the Dam, really appreciated. The amenities in the room are very good, including coffee and high speed internet. The bathroom is big, well lit and encased in glass. Breakfast is standard, when crowded service can be hectic Location is fabulous, everything of interest is just a few steps away. Good value for the money for short stays in Amsterdam.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Wow.. I feel truly humbled and appreciative to read such wonderful feedback on your stay in Swissotel Amsterdam.
I think you have absolutely nailed it with our combination of location & service . We continue to do everything we can to remain focused on these critical elements in order to provide the best possible home away from home we can.
We do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Bombay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Swissotel is very conveniently located - walking distance from the station that the train from the airport drops you off at, and practically on Dam Square. The only complaint a tourist may have of the location is that this is THE city centre, so it's quite busy through the day. But a lot of people will consider this a good thing.

The hotel itself is very comfortable. The checkin and checkout were very efficient. The room was not very big, but comfortable all the same. It was nicely decorated and the toilet was very clean and fresh. My only complaint with the room was that there was no designated spot for me to open my suitcase. I had to place it on the study table and then open it. Perhaps i'm being too fussy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent experience at our hotel.I am very happy that your stay was a memorable one and I also want to thank you for keying in on the details in your experiences, as they will allow us to follow up and improve.
I look forward to sharing your feedback with our team and we certainly hope that you will find your way back to Amsterdam so that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Bari (Italy)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I spent 5 days with my wife and my little daughter and I enjoyed this holiday also thanks to luck I had to find free this hotel when I booked it. The staff was so kind with us, above all Mr. Alessandro at the reception.
I want to remark that the place where the hotel is, is really fantastic: near Dam Square and in front of bus stop to reach all the useful destinations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

I would like to extend my most sincere thanks and appreciation for you taking the time to share your wonderful feedback. In particular I can assure that I will take the time to personal thank Alessandro for providing such engaging and memorable service to you.
We truly hope that it will not be long before we can welcome you back

Lahore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was the second time me and my family stayed in this hotel.Location is very good,recommend it highly for families, rooms are spacious and cleanliness is excellent,slightly higher in price as it is not 3 star.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

I would like to express my sincere appreciation for your wonderful feedback on your most recent experiences with us. It is always rewarding to receive this type of feedback from loyal guests like yourself.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I moved here to get away from another terrible hotel. So I only had one night to spend here. Pity, because the hotel is amazing. The room was spacious and gorgeous and the bed was huge and very comfortable. Nice touches like the welcome package and pillow options only serve to highlight how well they have all the basics covered. The front desk staff were very friendly as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I would like to truly thank you for taking the opportunity to write such wonderful feedback about the details of your experience with our hotel and our colleagues.
We truly hope that it will not be long before we can welcome you back