“Highly recommended!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Was very impressed with this hotel- the service was brilliant and the staff were professional. There were some nice extra touches, for example the hot towels on arrival and the complimetary bottled water delivered to the room each afternoon and upon checkout. The room was clean and well equipped. It was amazing that the room was so silent, yet you walk outside the hotel and it was loud and bustling! The view wasn't so great- we faced h&m, however we weren't in there long enough for that to bother us! The hotel is in an excellent location, you are central to just about everywhere in Amsterdam and I would certainly return in the future!

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at Swissotel in Amsterdam for six nights during the last week of March 2013. The staff is extremely professional, nice and helpful. The location is perfect to explore the whole city. But there are not enough pillow options as is advertised by the hotel. My pillows were too soft and I could not get a more supportive one during the entire time I spent in the hotel. The AC did not work for the first two nights and it was very cold outside and inside the room, but I was given an small heater until the problem was fixed, and it worked fine. In general, I would recommend this hotel for its great location and the friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

You can't beat the location of this hotel - a 10 minute walk from the train station, close to the canals and other attractions, as well as the tram line to get around easily.

The hotel was clean, even if the rooms were a bit small (not unusual in Europe) and the bathroom was nice.

The staff were able to provide us a map and point us in the right direction when we asked.

Room Tip: The other couple we travelled with faced out to the plaza - better view, but it was very noisy. Room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SwissotelAmsterdam, General Manager at Swissotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for pointing out our location. It is indeed very centrally located.
Our rooms can vary in size as we are situated in a monumental building. However according to Amsterdam standards the size is quite average.
I am happy my team members were able to provide you with the right information and directions.
Our concierge, as the rest of the staff, is always more then happy to help and advise you as much as possible.
Please return to our hotel next time you’re in Amsterdam. We would love to welcome you back.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed only a night but was impressed by the quality and furnishing of the room. Of course the decoration may not be to everyone's taste but the place is comfortable with independent bedroom and massibe bathroom. Friends reported that it was noisy in the lower floor.

Would probably stay again if I can secure a good price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the higher floor to avoid street noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was in overall good, but the room wasn't really spacious and the bathroom was quite small as well. Considering the fact it is a 5 stars hotel we were expecting a bit more.
Nonetheless a good hotel.

SwissotelAmsterdam, General Manager at Swissotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
I am sorry to read we were unable to meet your expectation.
Swissôtel Amsterdam is a 4 star boutique hotel and is situated in 4 monumental buildings , therefore our rooms can vary in size. However according to Amsterdam standards the size is quite average.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back and hopefully we can then exceed your expectations.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I went on a 10 day tour of Europe and can attest that this was hands down the BEST hotel of the four that I stayed at. When I arrived, the front desk staff was welcoming and courteous, even when they discovered there was an error with my reservation. They fixed the issue straight away and even gave a complimentary upgrade for the trouble. After sleeping in closet-sized rooms in Paris and London, I was so happy to see that the room was very decently sized. The beds were incredibly comfortable and there was - wait for it - A PILLOW MENU! The location was very convenient and close to everything that I wanted to see. I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed my stay at Swissotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
SwissotelAmsterdam, General Manager at Swissotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your great review.
I am always happy to read good feedback about my team members as service and friendliness are very important to us.

Thank you for pointing out the size of our rooms. As we are situated in a monumental building they can vary, however they are quite large compared to other European cities.

I really hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My experience at this hotel was that it was exactly what it said it was: perfect location (right at the city center, the Dam Square). It is about 7 minutes walking from Central Station. You can take the train from Amsterdam Schiphol airport which takes 15 minutes to city center. The room was spotless clean, though not spacious, but by European standards, pretty good. Comfortable bed and I had a good, quiet night's sleep. I did not try the breakfast, but it looked quite good. You can leave your bags if you want to walk around after you've checked out. Though a but pricey, I would recommend it. This is my third swissotel to try after Chicago and Istanbul. It felt less luxurious than these other two, however in Europe it is rare to find luxury.

Room Tip: I booked through travel sites on internet. good ones are: booking.com, e-bookers, venere, agoda
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Swissotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!