“Centrally Located” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Centrally Located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

You can't beat the location of this hotel - a 10 minute walk from the train station, close to the canals and other attractions, as well as the tram line to get around easily.

The hotel was clean, even if the rooms were a bit small (not unusual in Europe) and the bathroom was nice.

The staff were able to provide us a map and point us in the right direction when we asked.

Room Tip: The other couple we travelled with faced out to the plaza - better view, but it was very noisy. Room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SwissotelAmsterdam, General Manager at Swissotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for pointing out our location. It is indeed very centrally located.
Our rooms can vary in size as we are situated in a monumental building. However according to Amsterdam standards the size is quite average.
I am happy my team members were able to provide you with the right information and directions.
Our concierge, as the rest of the staff, is always more then happy to help and advise you as much as possible.
Please return to our hotel next time you’re in Amsterdam. We would love to welcome you back.

Swissôtel Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed only a night but was impressed by the quality and furnishing of the room. Of course the decoration may not be to everyone's taste but the place is comfortable with independent bedroom and massibe bathroom. Friends reported that it was noisy in the lower floor.

Would probably stay again if I can secure a good price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the higher floor to avoid street noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was in overall good, but the room wasn't really spacious and the bathroom was quite small as well. Considering the fact it is a 5 stars hotel we were expecting a bit more.
Nonetheless a good hotel.

SwissotelAmsterdam, General Manager at Swissotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
I am sorry to read we were unable to meet your expectation.
Swissôtel Amsterdam is a 4 star boutique hotel and is situated in 4 monumental buildings , therefore our rooms can vary in size. However according to Amsterdam standards the size is quite average.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back and hopefully we can then exceed your expectations.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I went on a 10 day tour of Europe and can attest that this was hands down the BEST hotel of the four that I stayed at. When I arrived, the front desk staff was welcoming and courteous, even when they discovered there was an error with my reservation. They fixed the issue straight away and even gave a complimentary upgrade for the trouble. After sleeping in closet-sized rooms in Paris and London, I was so happy to see that the room was very decently sized. The beds were incredibly comfortable and there was - wait for it - A PILLOW MENU! The location was very convenient and close to everything that I wanted to see. I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed my stay at Swissotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
SwissotelAmsterdam, General Manager at Swissotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your great review.
I am always happy to read good feedback about my team members as service and friendliness are very important to us.

Thank you for pointing out the size of our rooms. As we are situated in a monumental building they can vary, however they are quite large compared to other European cities.

I really hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My experience at this hotel was that it was exactly what it said it was: perfect location (right at the city center, the Dam Square). It is about 7 minutes walking from Central Station. You can take the train from Amsterdam Schiphol airport which takes 15 minutes to city center. The room was spotless clean, though not spacious, but by European standards, pretty good. Comfortable bed and I had a good, quiet night's sleep. I did not try the breakfast, but it looked quite good. You can leave your bags if you want to walk around after you've checked out. Though a but pricey, I would recommend it. This is my third swissotel to try after Chicago and Istanbul. It felt less luxurious than these other two, however in Europe it is rare to find luxury.

Room Tip: I booked through travel sites on internet. good ones are: booking.com, e-bookers, venere, agoda
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Newcastle, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Hubby and I have just returned from a short break staying in the Swissotel, Amsterdam and it was fabulous. The hotel is very central and yet quiet at night which ensured a good nights sleep. From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly, approachable and professional. Staff from reception area, to bar area and through to the unseen staff who maintained our room were all so accommodating. They helped make our short stay so enjoyable and relaxing. The breakfasts are well worth it. It was a stress free zone and the choice was extensive. We also had dinner on one evening and it was very pleasant. For a busy central location, it was all very relaxed. The rooms are not huge but serviceable. Bathroom small but very adequate. The bed was very comfortable and you had a choice of pillows. There was an evening turndown service, courtesy water every night, and little notes left each night on what to expect for the weather for the next day which was useful. All points considered, we would stay again.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 4th floor and the room was quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Great location,friendly staff I booked me and my friend for birthday celebration .the hotel upgrade our room to a junior suite and gave us the best view on the 5 floor,and a bottle of champaign . It was great place to stay .

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
What a wonderful way to celebrate the birthday of your friend.
All our suites do have a wonderful view.
I am glad we were able to make your stay extra special and hopefully we can welcome you back for a possible next special occasion.

Swissôtel Amsterdam

Been to Swissotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!