Stayed here for 3 nights nights on business, we usually use the Krasnapolsky (sp) round the corner so I was a bit apprehensive as the outside looks a bit dodgy.
But I need not have worried as the Swissotel is a clean and modern place. The room was quite large with a big bed, mini-bar and TV with pay per view films (honestly I didn't use this facility).
Location is very good, just off the square and up the road from the train station and, I was told, the red-light district is just round the corner.
Would come back for pleasure.......with the missus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissotel Amsterdam boasts the best location in town, right at Dam Square in the heart of the city centre. Being just 20km from Schiphol Airport and a short walk from Central Station, this 4-star hotel offers a perfect base for your stay in Amsterdam. All major sights and attractions are within walking distance. Offering 110 soundproof rooms and suites, Swissotel Amsterdam makes a quiet and comfortable haven amidst a bustling density of high-end shops, restaurants and bars.All rooms include a Nespresso coffee machine and individually controllable climate control. Hotel guests have free access to Swissotel Amsterdam Fitness, featuring state of the art cardio-vascular equipment, and to the Business Centre, providing free internet and office supplies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Agoda, Odigeo, HotelsNL, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, EasyToBook and Otel so you can book your Swissotel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Swissotel Hotel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Swissotel Hotel
- Swiss Hotel Amsterdam