Distance from Central Station is no more then a 5minute walk. 1.walk out the station, cross the bridge.
2. Turn right and walk until you reach Singel Canal 2mins.
3. Turn left and stick to the left side of the canal and in 1 minute you will find it.
The receptionists were extremely helpful on all occassions and 24 hr reception.
There is a luggage room for checking out as we had 7 hours to burn before the flight.
Also there is a hot drinks machine that you can use in reception and the beast area.
We had a twin room. It was basic- The bathroom was very clean and good shower and so was the room and beds- not the most comfortable of beds though.
Our room was on 2nd floor and pretty small. Just enough room to move around the beds.
We had a view of a brick wall.(but we were out day till night) as you do in Amsterdam. But there are canal view rooms.
Smoking rooms are on 4th.
We never had our included breakfast - always had a FEB(full English) elsewhere.
The best thing is the location. It's a 1 minute walk to the closest coffeshops.
Doors(across the canal),Popeye,Freeworld,Dampkring,Siberie and so on.
It's a 5 min walk maximum at an avg pace to Dam square & Red Light District.
It's obviously close the Station.
And it's not on a busy road so quiet outside.
I would stay here again. It is rather expensive for a basic hotel for English standards at fifty odd quid a night but unless u want to share rooms/bathrooms you can't get much better.
Stayed check in 2 Friday to 12 Sunday checkout.
Free umbrellas in reception-
Wifi is really good.
Would stay here again definitely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Singel Hotel:The Singel Hotel, located in three characteristic 17th century canal houses at the beautiful and quiet Singel canal, is perfectly located in the city centre. This comfortable three star hotel is situated at one of the best locations of Amsterdam. An ideal mix of nostalgic atmosphere and modern comfort close to all major attractions.Typical brown cafes and good restaurants are just around the corner and all public transportation can be reached within walking distance.This charming Singel Hotel offers, behind the attractively restored facade,32 up-to-date renovated rooms, an elevator and accomodation for 65 guests. Our friendly staff will do everything to make your stay unforgetable. Location:The Singel Hotel is very easy to reach. There is a direct train connection from Schiphol Airport to the Amsterdam Central Station which takes less then 15 minutes.Coming out of the Amsterdam Central Station you cross the station square and turnright at the Prins Hendrikkade. After 200 meters you turn left at the Singel canal. You will reach the Singel Hotel in 200 meters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Otel, EasyToBook, BookingOdigeoWL and Agoda so you can book your Singel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.