“Nadia Hotel is a great hotel archetypal of Amsterdam” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Nadia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raadhuis Straat 51, 1016 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #82 of 350 Hotels in Amsterdam
San Francisco, California
“Nadia Hotel is a great hotel archetypal of Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

This was my second time at Hotel Nadia. As the first time, I was not disappointed. The staff was extraordinarily helpful. The room, though not large, wasn't cramped and is in a beautiful gallery building right downtown close to everything. I got a balcony room, which was fully worth it, seeing Amsterdam outside in the mornings and evening. The price is very reasonable too. In short, I love the hotel and am likely to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Loeningen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

I visited Amsterdam for several times in the past 9 years and I had different kind of accommodations. I stayed at really good hotels and I also had the pleisure to share bathrooms at hostels :-)
After researching the internet for a hotel with rooms having a balcony, I found this hidden pearl, located only a few steps from the Damrak.
The Nadia Hotel reflects typical Dutch architecture and my boyfriend and I really enjoyed climbing tight stairs - a real "to do"-thing in Amsterdam :-)
Sitting at our balcony, watching the lights of Amsterdam at night, listening to the bell of the Wester Kerk (Church) was a great experience.
This is for sure: my boyfriend and I will come back to Amsterdam again and we will definitely stay at the Nadia Hotel.

cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

This was our second stay at the nadia in two years, well it only gets better. After haveing a really enjoyable stay the first time we decided to visit again in april, due to the nightmare of the ashcloud fiasco we had to cancel those plans, so another trip was planned in august. After contacting the manager a great guy called osam , my partner explained to him personally how disapointed we were , but we we planned to come still in august and were really looking forward to it. Well he certainly listened to our comments and registred our initial disapointment, upon check inn we were informed we were being upgraded to a deluxe room with canal view as a gesture from manager and hotel, which was fantastic , that theme continued for the rest of the stay to be honest. The manager oasam and his staff whose names i regetfully forgot to ask were excellent, a very freindly helpfull group of people they are , and a credit to a very good hotel . The hotel it self is a refreshing and original place to stay , an antodote to the sterile european chain hotels which are so common nowadays. Look forward to my next visit to one of the greatest cities....Darren

Essen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Sehr freundliches Personal, angenehme und familiäre Atmosphäre,
Zimmer sind ordentlich und gemütlich, allerdings zur Straße hin doch sehr laut... (Oropax helfen)
Der Kühlschrank in jedem Zimmer ist ein echtes Plus.
Zentral und schön gelegen.
Würden wir jederzeit wieder buchen!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

This hotel is a gem in the heart of Amsterdam. The staff are very friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make you feel at home. I had a low floor balcony room with excellent canal views and the amenities in place take care of your needs. The stairs are steep same as most of the accomodation but its well worth the climb. It is situated centrally and has easy access to public transport. This was my second visit to Hotel Nadia and I will always try to book here first when I return, it's great value for the money and just a 10 minute walk from Dam Square. The most important thing for me was feeling safe and Hotel Nadia staff offerred help with directions and booking trips/tours and provided us with a map and local information. Ive started to save up already for my next visit to Hotel Nadia.
Note to the staff at Hotel Nadia: Keep up the good work x

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
boulogne sur mer
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

A good bargain. A tiny but confortable and lovely room where you can have tea or coffee and read with a view on the canal. Very nice staff. Stairs can be frightening but the staff carries your luggage. A bit noisy but when you close the window that is not a real problem.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

nice place to stay, we had a great room . We could hear the tram running all night and the bells from the tower across the street ring every 15 minutes. We slept with the windows open and we had a room facing the street

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Nadia? Share your experiences!