“The most hospitable place I've ever been” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Nadia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raadhuis Straat 51, 1016 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #78 of 350 Hotels in Amsterdam
Saint Petersburg, Russia
“The most hospitable place I've ever been”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

The location of the hotel is really great. Just about 20 minutes by walk from the Central Station (and in 5 minutes from there by tram 13, 14, 17 (the stop right in front of the station). All the most important highlights are within walking distance, some of them near the hotel. (Anne Frank's house or a Houseboat museum, for example)
It is convenient to use the hope on, hope off Canal-Bus as there are 2 quays in 5 minutes from the hotel. (The stop of the green line on the Princengraht and another one of the red line on the Keizersgracht).
There is the Albert Heijn supermarket near the hotel, so you can always have some food, as there is a fridge in the room.
The building is unique and beautiful. Some rooms have the rooms vith the street and the canal view; mine faced on the little inner yard, so it was quiet. Every morning I was enjoying with the birds singing and the Westerkirk carillon.
The stairs were not as bad as I’d expected, in addition people from the staff were so kind to help me with my bags. The room was small but cozy and clear. I had all that I needed in the room – hairdryer, fridge, safe, tea making facilities and even free Wi-Fi.

All the personnel of the hotel are very friendly and polite. Especially mr. Osam, who made me feeling like at home there. There is a very welcoming atmosphere at this place! Thanks all of them for the excellent holiday!
I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

goog long week end in amsterdam
we went around by bike...the best way to know the city
good hotel in a good position near anna Frank's house and pizza Dam....we loved the breakfast :-)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Ankara, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

Hi,

Hotel Nadia have very central location (250 meter to Palace). Rooms small but well equipment (normal size for Amsterdam)

Breakfast is very good (coffee, kind of tea, orange juice, jams, croissant, nutella, yoghurt, toast if you want, cheese, butter etc...)

Free Wi-Fi is included...

Staff are very kind and helpful.

Don't search hotel range in 100 euro for double room book for Hotel Nadia....

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

As hard as I tried to find things wrong (ex., the bathroom was so small my feet were in the shower as I sat on the toilet), I could not when I looked at the price in comparison to ALL other hotels in Amsterdam. Staff was helpful (except they screwed up our departure taxi and scared me re timing), referrals were exceptional, location was great, stairs up to the hotel are tight (but kinda fun). Overall, for the price you can't do better. I'm back there whenever i visit Amsterdam.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

I stayed in the Nadia Hotel with my son who lives in amsterdam but has only a little room.We arrived very early and where offert a welcome drink and we left our rucksacks in the hotel as the room was not ready. When we came back in the evening we got a lovely room with a big window looking on to a canal.I was very happy there except the beds where very small but the second night i pushed them apart so at least we didnt kick each other in our sleep.The stairs where not as bad as i thought they would be after reading reviews. I will go there again.

• Stayed May 2010
suisse
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

We had a good time. Centraly located, this hotel offered what we needed.
Family room + clean and quiet.
Staff was very friendly.
Breakfast room was sometimes full, but it was worth waiting a few minutes.
We'll come back !

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Delft, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

In May 2010, I stayed at the Nadia Hotel for the second time. My first stay was sometime September/October 2009. Nadia Hotel remains a hotel that offer warm hospitality, very clean room, free internet access, good breakfast and very friendly staff. I cannot find a hotel very well located than the Nadia Hotel and value for money. It is very close to the tram station, Dam square hence the attractions and a supermarket. The hotel manager personally came to the reception to welcome me home!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Nadia? Share your experiences!