“Unexpected little gem!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nadia

You added Hotel Nadia to your Saves list
Hotel Nadia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raadhuis Straat 51, 1016 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Canal Ring (Grachtengordel))   |
Ranked #95 of 354 Hotels in Amsterdam
Liverpool
“Unexpected little gem!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

Friendliest staff i've met. A welcome drink. And a room cleaned for us even tho we arrived early. Great breakfast too. The hotel has bags of character and some of its hallways and rooms are reminiscent of a ships interior, which i thought was kinda cool!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

We booked the Hotel Nadia on the strength of the reviews here and we weren't disappointed.

The hotel is centrally located without being right in the thick of the busy-ness and is around five minutes walk from the centre of town and literally around the corner from Anne Frank's house. We booked a room with a canal view which was great and as both of us live on fairly busy streets, we weren't bothered by the road to the front which does have trams running along it until midnight.

As other people have mentioned, the stairs to reception and the rooms are fairly death defying but the staff carry your bags up for you and the reception staff couldn't be more friendly, welcoming and helpful. The room was cosy but didn't feel cramped and there was loads of storage space. The bathroom was spotlessly clean and freshly tiled.

I notice from some of the reviews here that they've had problems with the breakfast room being crowded but we never had this problem. Breakfast is from 7:30 - 10:30am and we were there both days about 8/8:30am and there was always space available. It seats about 30 people but maybe it gets busier later??

If we had anything less than favourable to say about the hotel, it would be that we had twin beds and each of the single beds were pretty narrow. If you're above average width you may struggle not to fall out of bed!! Also, we stored our bags for a late checkout on Sunday and unfortunately, my bag did get broken while in storage. The staff were very helpful with this though and provided a replacement and a taxi to the station.

The price of this hotel and the standard of accommodation make it a great find and they also offered us a 10% discount for paying in cash on arrival so it was even better value for money!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

For my 3rd stay, I decided to treat myself to a balcony room.....it was wonderful!
I was greeted warmly by all the staff, and ushered to the breakfast room with a complimentary drink. No sooner had I finished, I was shown to my room, and unpacked my minimal belongings....I always travel light!

My bed was next to a huge window which, unlike many A'dam hotel windows, opened fully! I kept my window open for the duration of my stay, and loved the sounds of the trams, traffic, Westerkerk bells, and occasionally, the passing tourists!

I spent many a happy time sitting on the HUGE balcony watching the world go by......it had a side view of the beautiful Kaizersgracht, as well as the stunning Westerkerk tower.

My bed was very comfortable and I had no problems sleeping whatsoever.

There was a curtained closet with ample shelving, as well as a safe, TV, fan, and fridge.

I didn't partake in the included breakfast, but it was nice to know it was available if I was hungry!

Housekeeping was offered on every one of my 7 days here, and even though I said it wasn't required, I returned to find my bed beautifully made-up with fresh linen.

Reception here is professional and friendly. Someone is available 24 hours a day should they be needed.

The location of this hotel is really fantastic...............10-15 minutes walk from Centraal........5 minutes from the Dam........the same from the large Albert Heijn supermarkt...........everything is within easy walking distance.

I have read with interest some of the negative reviews about the Nadia, and cannot for the life of me understand what people expect!

The Nadia is a 2* hotel, wonderfully located, you get a comfortable bed, a TV, safe, fridge, internet access (free), a shower and wc, and above all else, an incredibly friendly service from all who work there. All this for a very reasonable rate that you would be hard-pushed to find elsewhere.

It's a 5* for me and I have just booked another 7 night stay for the Queensday celebrations!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Torino
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

The hotel is really good positioned, is in the centre and people at the reception are very kind. Even the services are good, that is the breakfast and the coffee maker in the room. The only problem is that the room was really little, it was difficult to use the bathroom with the door closed. Care for people with mobility problems, there is a very steep staircase.

Selangor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

I enjoyed my stay and the hospitality. The welcome with flowers was a delightful surprise. Nadia hotel guide map was simple and easy to follow. The staff were so kind and helpful with my luggage, and to give directions to places that I wanted to see.

p/s:Please update the shuttle bus price listed on your webpage because it has increased.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

There are only two things wrong with this charming hotel.
1: there are very steep stairs to get in (although the staff insist on bringing your luggage up themselves, so as long as you can go up and down them comfortably on your own, it's no problem).
2: some of the rooms have large, single glazed windows which look out onto a busy road with trams. If you aren't a city dweller, or if you sleep lightly, definitely bring earplugs.
oh, and inside our bathroom was a tiny bit smelly, but not bad.

That aside, this was one of the best hotel experiences I have had, even before you consider the price.
-The double bed had a double mattress, not two singles. Pillows were OK too.
-The staff were exceptionally friendly, available 24/7 and always helpful (including during the booking process). All have good English. They even took my wet gloves and dried them for me after a rainy day!
-Breakfast is very simple, but nice - and bundled in with the room. The breakfast room was quite busy on Saturday morning, so we just had breakfast in bed instead :D
-The hotel is VERY well located - literally minutes from the centre, and within easy walking distance of everything apart from the museum district (though we walked there once in under 30 minutes). It is far enough away from the areas with dodgy characters and late-night establishments to be suitable for families (or prudes).
-The room was small, but had easily enough storage space and surfaces for all of our stuff (though we packed light). It was well decorated, warm and comfortable.
-The facilities in the room (esp. fridge, kettle, safe & balcony), plus the always-available breakfast room (and the facilities in it) made our stay much better - we were able to comfortably eat our own food in the hotel, which we purchased from a nearby supermarket.
-This hotel is 1.5x the price of a youth hostel, but has 24 hour access, en-suite rooms, comfortable double beds and all the aforementioned stuff. We were so pleased we found it, and it contributed a lot to our enjoyment of our holiday.

This hotel is an absolute must for anyone on a budget, but we would both recommend it to anyone who values service, atmosphere and location above things like gym and swimming pool.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

Me & my partner stayed here for his birthday back in Feb. As soon as we arrived the hotel staff were very accomodating & helpful. The rooms are just perfect for a short, city break & there is plenty of informtion at the reception, to help yog get around Amsterdam. The hotel is in a perfect spot. It is within a short walking distance to Anne Franks house (which is a must do), Dam Square, Amsterdam dungeons, Madame Tussauds & all the shops/ nightlife. Me and my partner are already talking about going back but in the Summer months. TIP- YOU MUST TRY THE PANCAKES NEXT DOOR TO THE HOTEL CALLED "SARAHS PANCAKES", THEY ARE TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple