“Stay here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nadia

You added Hotel Nadia to your Saves list
Hotel Nadia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raadhuis Straat 51, 1016 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Canal Ring (Grachtengordel))   |
Ranked #96 of 355 Hotels in Amsterdam
Australia
“Stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights, wished we had stayed longer...the hotel is charming and there are so much to do in Amsterdam!

Location 15-20 mins easy walk from station passing rows of fascinating shops! You can also catch a tram, hotel is just a stone away from tram stop. Hotel is a canal house and in an area surrounded by shops. Anna Frank House is 2 mins walk, Dam square is 5 mins walk

Excellent customer service, we were given free drink on check in and a staff brought our 2 very heavy suitcases up the very-very steep stairs! We found a fresh bouquet of flowers with a sweet note wishing happy honeymoon when we go to our room! This left an everlasting impression for us. Thank you Hotel Nadia!

We were given a canal view room so view was nice and we had no problem with noise. Both room and bathroom are smallish but were clean. Do try to get a canal view room, afterall this is Amsterdam.

The only thing is probably breakfast which is just bread and croissant, but the customer service, location, cleanliness makes up for this.

Good value hotel and pay cash if you can & get a discount!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hertfordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights and found the Manager and his staff courteous, pleasant and very helpful from the straightforward helping with bags up and down stairs, complimentary drink on arrival and departure to help with requested requirements or advice and the beautiful flowers which were awaiting our arrival wishing my partner a Happy Birthday - such thoughtful touches all add up to a a memorable stay.
As others have previously mentioned the stairs on first viewing appeared rather daunting - but fortunately we were based on the first floor. The deluxe room although small was clean and compact -reminded me slightly of a ships cabin, with a lovely view over the canel and westerkirk church (although the 1/4 hourly chime/bells were heard all night on our first night - thereafter didn't seem to disturb us). The bed was very comfortable.
Breakfast was quite adequate and the setting was lovely.
The two cats were quite laid back and also friendly.
This hotel was ideal in its location for us.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
cardiff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

very good service, the staff is great BUT got a street room and couldn't close an eye for two days. our room was ok but friends got a room with a very very strange bathroom set up, very small with the shower right next to the toilet and the whole bathroom getting soaked. location IS great though. just don't forget earplugs

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

My stay at Hotel Nadia was just perfect, booking was very easy and fast, as soon as I got there I knew that's what I was looking for; great location, very friendly staff; they treated me as part of the family. My room was small (of course .. Dutch size), but really cozy, clean and comfortable, the breakfast room was also very cozy with a beautiful view of the westerkerk.
I am very satisfied with this place.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay in Nadia Hotel. First of all, the staff is very warm and helpful.In addition,my room was very clean,although not very big,but the view was amazing: just in front of the canals. What i really liked about this hotel is that it somehow keeps a certain classy style.Do i recommend it??oh yes!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
travelerzindc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

overall, we really enjoyed our experience. great staff, excellent breakfast, clean rooms, fantastic location. unfortunatley, we booked a room on the street. big mistake. the street felt as though it was one of the busiest in all of amsterdam. even on a sunday morning the cars were, trams, and buses, seemed to be rolling past non stop.

just be sure to request a room off the street and the value and service can't be beat

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
The Hague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

I have been a regular visitor at Nadia Hotel now for years! From the moment I came in the first time (May 2003) I have felt very comfortable with the entire staff and find the hotel very cozy and charming. The staff truly care about the needs of its guests, they are hospitable and open and make you feel very much at home. Although I now live in the Netherlands and have even studied in Amsterdam, I always feel I am on an amazing vacation when I stay at Nadia in Amsterdam. The combination of excellent service, charm and comfort is what makes it perfect for me. The breakfast is good, the location is excellent and once again the service is truly remarkable (something I have never experienced before.) I come back to the Hague refreshed and compeletely renewed. I recommend the hotel to all my friends and family, I would never want them to stay anywhere else because Nadia hotel and everything it includes, is an experience I want others to have as well!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends