“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nadia

Save Saved
You added Hotel Nadia to your Saves list
Hotel Nadia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raadhuis Straat 51, 1016 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #59 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Stavern, Norway
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

I was greeted upon my arrival by the hotel manager Osam who I found to be very polite, pleasant and helpful and I recieved a free drink while I cheked in. The staff is very pleasant and be sure to say hi to the nice cats Hello and Goodbye. Breakfast was also very good and free of charge.

I did my research before booking Hotel Nadia on TripAdvisor.
I was only in Amsterdam for one night and wanted to live near to the city centre, but at the same time in a clean, safe hotel at a reasonable price.
Hotel Nadia was the perfect choice for me. Located in the middle of the centre, just a few minutes walk from everything, but at the same time in a nice, safe and quiet area.
Hotel Nadia is aprox. 10 min. walk from the Central station and is very easy to find.
Walk down Damrak, turn right at Dam square. Walk down the Raadhuis Straat and you'll find Hotel Nadia on the left.

I wish to thank Hotel Nadia for a very pleasant stay and I wish to return as soon as possible. My room, 403, was spotless clean and the bed was very comfy. It may be the smallest hotelroom I've ever stayed in, but for 65,80 Euros pr. night (special discount for cash payment) this was just perfect. The bathroom was also spotless clean and had good waterpreasure.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

2,938 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

This hotel features friendly and helpful staff that are focused on the comfort of their guests.
My wife and I took trams everywhere within the city, so it was nice to have a tram stop very close by. The bustling Dam Square area is only minutes away on foot. The hotel, however, is situated in a much quieter neighborhood than the crazier "all hours" neighborhoods that are nearby. We slept with the window open each night, and neighborhood noise was basically unnoticed after midnight. The nice view from our room included looking down at a canal/bridge and across the street at Westerkerk church. The small room was not fancy, but overall clean & functional. The decor was dark wood walls with funky/bizarre/cool? lighting fixures that provided little actual light. The bathroom was almost spotless (a couple of tiny mildew spots on the shower door, but nothing major). There is no air conditioning, so the window open/fan running combo is necessary on warm evenings, as the room would be stuffy otherwise. The included continental breakfast was a nice way to start each day. The breakfast room itself was actually quite nice with good views of the neighborhood.

Pros: Great hotel staff, charming views of the neighborhood, quiet sleeping, great mellow location (yet near enough to everything), good value
Cons: Not the kind of room to spend a ton of time in (which we didn't plan on doing anyway)

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

The Hotel Nadia is an amazing find - the hotel is located in one of the nicest locations of Amsterdam within easy walking distance of all local attractions and quarters. The service is so friendly, it's clean, reasonable and the flowers waiting in the room was a very lovely touch. We had a great stay there for three nights and will be definitely returning. Thank you to all at the Nadia - your hotel is a little gem!

New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

I had reserved a room for one night and check out after seeing the room. I did not even bother asking for a refund because they sure needed the money to make that hotel suitable for human beings. I should have known that there was a problem when I they suggested that we take the things that we needed out of our luggage and they would keep our belongings downstairs in lockers. I was just further disappointed when I saw the box that they called a room. The door could not even open fully. I travel a whole lot and I have never seen anything worse than this hotel. The stairs are like a ladder to an attic. Hotels .com heard out fustration and found the Lloyd's Hotel which was a beautiful property. Large rooms, elevator, restaurant, internet close to transportation. If I visit Amsterdam, I will definitely stay at the Lloyd's hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

The staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Everyone working here was terrific. The stairs, typical of this city, are a bit daunting but as soon as you ring the bell at street level, they see you on the camera and someone comes running down to help you with your bags. Even when I was leaving, they insisting on helping me down with my luggage and (large) souvenir bag. The room was very small but with plenty of shelves and nooks and crannies to store everything. The shower was immaculate with plenty of hot water and excellent water pressure. The location was perfect as well. I would definitely stay here again, at least as long as I can climb stairs!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

We like small hotels in big cities and responded to great reviews on this site for the Hotel Nadia by booking it for two nights. It is in a good location, on a beautiful canal and in the city center, within walking distance of important sights. The drawbacks are the same that you find in other Amsterdam hotels we used:
Very steep steps, up two flights, to reception.
A small room and bath, even when paying for a "deluxe room" with a canal view.
The hotel does warn us "older travelers" on its Web site and in e-mail confirmation that it may not be suitable because of the stairs. Overall, it was still a good value and we would recommend it to my "fitter" friends.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Tenerife
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

Hotel Nadia is located in the centre of Amsterdam, a 2 minute walk from the Anne Frank house. I would not recommend staying there to elderly people, as the stairs are steep (typical of Amsterdam, I suppose) and there is no lift. Our room was very clean but also very small - however, I know they have different types of rooms and I believe some of the others are more spacious. The bed was very comfortable. We requested a quiet room which meant it didn't face the canal but a yard overlooking adjacent houses, and it was not that quiet because I could hear people ring the door bell for reception when coming back in the night (problem solved with ear plugs which I got for free in reception). The room was furnished with a TV and a small fridge, which was handy, as well as a kettle with free tea and coffee. We also got free Wifi connection in the room. Breakfast was lovely - fresh croissants, rolls and different types of bread, jam/marmelade, chocolate and peanut spreads and cheese (no ham), teas, coffee, orange juice, cake, yoghurt. All the stuff was super friendly and helpful!! I would always stay there again and will definitely recommend this place to friends who want to visit Amsterdam - it was one of the cheapest places we could find in the city centre!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Nadia? Share your experiences!