“Good , but...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nadia

You added Hotel Nadia to your Saves list
Hotel Nadia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raadhuis Straat 51, 1016 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #65 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Good , but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Where to start.....

The location is fantastic, a 10 minute walk from Centraal and walking distance to most attractions.

The Nadia staff were great , always able to answer questions and help out.

But....

The room I stayed in was super duper small and could he best described as 'traditional dutch' in terms of style. Not modern at all. A shock initially.

Despite the size , it had plenty of shelves which really helped and was spotless.

The room also lacked air conditioning. Opening the window helped during the hot weather but the area was noisy outside .

No problems with the free wifi. A great extra. TV was ancient but worked.

As many have said , the hotel has very steep and narrow stairs. It may not be suitable to the less mobile or elderly . The hotel staff are thankfully on hand to haul bags to your room .

Breakfast was decent too.

The hotel overall was good value for money with a good location and staff . I would stay here again .

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and from the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. They let us check in 2 and a half hours early and when we checked out we left our bags there for over 6 hours and collect them before we went to airport.

The location of the hotel is about a 1 minute walk from the Anne Frank house, a 2 minute walk from Amsterdam square and about 10 minutes from Amsterdam Central train station so a very very good location.

The place itself is small yet cosy. I'm 6ft and not the smallest person yet I was fine with my room and everything about the hotel.

I read a review on here saying that they were evacuated at 2 am and I can rubbish that rumour as I was in the hotel at that time and day and the evacuation was a lot earlier that night and the hotel next doors fault.

The breakfast although sounds not too good is very very nice and Dutch... Plenty of food for everyone and it's all very very nice.

Overall I will highly recommend this place to get a true Dutch hotel. Staff friendly, place very clean, nice rooms and overall very nice stay. :)

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Newcastle under lyme
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. We were on the very top floor of the building... As you will see in other reviews the staircases are very steep! 73 steps in total! The staff were all very polite and even carried our bags to our room. The room we had was very very small.. Only one of us could get dressed or move around at any time. During our stay we had to evacuate at 2am in the morning to due to a neighbouring hotel being on fire. The staff handled the situation very well. Even provided us with milk at 3am so we could have a cuppa! Overall perfect location to everything really. The tram lines are simple to use and cost 7 euros for 24hrs and there is a stop 100 yards from the hotel. But easily within walking distance of most places.

• Stayed August 2014
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I am from India, stayed at hotel nadia for two days and i am really glad to have chosen this hotel. Everything is upto the mark; the excellent location, the staff, the facilities, the kitchen, foods, hospitality. Just one drawback is the stairs and that too is not a drawback in the true sense because when u arrive and leave, the staff takes your luggage and u just move on.
This time, i came alone but in the future if i ll come with my family, i ll definitely choose the hotel Nadia, no second thoughts...........
Thanks you Mr. manager to for this memorable experience!!!

Room Tip: No need to choose a room because all the rooms are good and u spent most of the time outside enjoyin...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Salmon Arm, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I stayed at the Nadia, along with my husband and two friends in July of this year. When we entered and saw the magnitude of the staircase, we got the giggles. A gentleman from the front desk (on the 2nd floor) heard us and ran downstairs to retrieve our luggage. He just ran those heavy suitcases us those stairs like they were pillows. My husband was very greatful!

Our rooms were small but comfy and had all of the emenities that we required. The air conditioning consisted of a fan but it worked and we were grateful for it. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and when it was time to leave they took our luggage back down the stairs for us and arranged our taxi. The breakfast room was quite lovely and we enjoyed our coffee and fresh croissants along with yogert, fruit, cheese, toast, etc. The breakfast was just perfect!

The rooms were simple but had all that we required. The location was terrific and we were able to walk pretty much wherever we wanted from our hotel.

And the stairs? Well they provided a good workout for us. They really aren't that bad but after a few drinks we would always get the giggles going up them! Amsterdam is full of old buildings with lots of stairs so it really was not so big a deal.

Lovely, charming old hotel, friendly and helpful staff and great location!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We're from Australia and have been to London, Berlin, Munich and Rome but the staff here are the best. I which we could take them with us to our next stops in Europe! We just got back from a comedy club and spent a few minutes playing 'guess the card key' with the reception. They sharked us, our key wasnt even in the game. But it was fun. Honestly best staff, service, location. We'll see them again when we come back to Amsterdam!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I stayed in a single room with balcony, yes it was noisy, but that's to be expected in the center of Amsterdam, yes the room was small, but no where near as small as some of the reviews will lead you to believe. The balcony more than made up for both these small short comings.
What I did find a little strange was that I was informed on arrival check in was at 1pm. I arrived early so no worries, I left my bag with them and headed out.
I returned just gone 3pm, however was asked to wait in the breakfast room for 20minutes before being given my room key. No explanation, just told to wait.
Some of the staff were very friendly, others not so much.
Either way I didn't visit amsterdam to make friends with the hotel staff.
All in all a decent stay in a clean, comfortable room with a balcony.
I would defiantly stay again.

Stayed August 2014

Been to Hotel Nadia? Share your experiences!