“A nice place to stay in Amsterdam...” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hotel Nadia to your Saves list
Booking.com Travelocity
Hotel Nadia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raadhuis Straat 51, Amsterdam 1016 DD, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #50 of 340 hotels in Amsterdam
San Francisco, California, United States
“A nice place to stay in Amsterdam...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The hotel is a short tram ride from the Centraal Station and is on the upper levels of the building. Because there’s no elevator and since the stairs are so steep… more like walking up a ladder… the staff will carry your luggage up to your room. We arrived a little early, and our room was not quite ready, so we were allowed to wait and cool off in the breakfast room along with a free drink.

We got the room directly under the tower on the fourth floor with a small balcony. Since the building is on a corner next to a canal, there was not one 90 degree angle in the whole room! All of the odd angles are very cleverly used to their best intent… that includes the bathroom facilities… very nice shower. :-)

It is a nice hotel, and even with a mix-up with our reservations… it was cleared up before we arrived… I would recommend and stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the tower room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

2,846 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
tucson, arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I like unique hotels, but I don't like inconvenience or dirtiness -- I like my comforts AND my genuine travel experience. Hotel Nadia is the BEST at this. My three-day stay began with flowers from the owner/manager, and ended with a call from him asking about my stay. Yes, there are steep stairs -- as there are in all canal houses and hotels. They are charming, and they carried my bags up and down.The hotel is clean, friendly and, best of all, perfectly located. I intended to rent a bike but found things so close and convenient that I never needed one! Almost all European hotels have smaller rooms than your average Hampton Inn -- thank goodness. It was great to know I was in Amsterdam and not Fresno. (No offense to Fresno), Wonderful Experience.

Room Tip: I had a blacony room, which I preferred over the canal side.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed in a single room here for just one night in early September. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. It was extraordinarily hot and they offered me plenty of beverages, took care of my luggage and made me feel very welcome. The following comments are simply to inform future guests about what to expect; they aren't criticisms of the hotel: The rooms and, in general, the common spaces of the hotel, are quite small largely due to the age of the building. This includes a large flight of stairs to welcome you when you arrive and a smaller winding staircase should you stay above the main floor. My room was also very small--the bed was in an alcove and due to the angle of the toilet, I couldn't close the bathroom door all the way, but there were actually cupboards and drawers where you could place your things. The room had all the amenities (and more): a coffee machine, a fan (thank goodness since it was about 33 degrees centigrade) and a hairdryer. I would definitely stay here again. It is very easy to get to, in a bustling but very pleasant area, with great access to trams/buses and right in the center. Perfect for a quick city trip or a longer stay. I am already planning my next trip!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during September.On our arrival the hotel made special effort to give us a comfortable room, a warm welcome and welcome drinks made us feel right at home. The hotel is centrally located, easy access to shops, public transport, cafes and restaurants. Steep steps up to reception and the rooms expose one to the interesting normal way locals live in Amsterdam, but help is available to get bags up to the room. Breakfast is basic but plentyful and one is allowed to help yourself to extra coffee and tea for the room. I recommend this hotel for anyone, maybe not for people having difficulty to walk quite a few stairs.

Room Tip: If you are able to climb 4 flights of stairs you can get the balcony room which provides a good view...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Recommended by a friend who stayed, this worked well for our group of three adults. In an area located two blocks from Dam Square the location was ideal. Beds were small but comfortable, bathroom was a little quirky, but then so is Amsterdam. Stairs are very steep and narrow like many buildings there, so I would warn elderly, bad knees and large bags. The staff was very welcoming and accommodating. Breakfast was also included in the price.

Room Tip: We had a corner room which was good for three adults traveling together. Not sure if there is AC in...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Canterbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Steep stairs up to reception as expected from previous reviews, but when you first arrive the staff are friendly and offer a complimentary drink before taking you to your room. Room was small but adequate. We were given an optional free upgrade to a larger room when it became available. Breakfast was continental in style, croissants coming from a nearby bakery. Would recommend this hotel and would happily stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
Minden, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in September. This is a charming and quirky little hotel with the most helpful staff I have ever met! I accidentally left my medication when we checked out and when I called the hotel that evening, they went and found it, then put it in a cab to come to the restaurant where we were having dinner! Now, that is great service:) Terrific location and delicious butter cake at breakfast, plus fresh flowers and a very clean room - what more could you ask for? Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Nadia? Share your experiences!