“Nice stay at Nadia” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nadia

Save Saved
You added Hotel Nadia to your Saves list
Hotel Nadia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raadhuis Straat 51, 1016 DD Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #58 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Tirana, Albania
“Nice stay at Nadia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed here 4 nights, as a couple visiting Amsterdam.
Exellent location, good service, friendly staff and exellent sunny days at Amsterdam made our stay very pleasant. I had searched for a long time for a place to stay, wondering if a B&B or a hotel could have been better, and finally choosed Hotel Nadia based on trip advisor good reviews, I think it was a good choice. I have never stayed before at a 2 star hotel so didn't know exactly what to expect, but with very highly priced 3 and 4 star hotels of Amsterdam, we found this one a convenient choice.
Rooms are small, like every one says, but it was OK for me, don't need much space when almost all time have to wander in a charming city, but at bathroom really had some difficulties, even washing my face or brushing teeth, in such a tiny space, had to leave bathroom door open to move my arms freely, even that, couldn't provide much comfort. Shower had enough space.
At the other hand, I appreciate the fact that people put effort on trying to make functional and provide customers a good service at a small place.
We were asked if we wanted cleaning lady every morning, we just needed towels changed always and she did, one time changed our sheets, they always were crisp clean.
A bouquet of fresh flower waited us at our room as it was custom, check in with reservation no problem at all, nice lady at desk explained briefly simple rules. Paid cash next morning, as stated, it was 6% off.

Our room faced the tram lines but even that I was able to hear them, I had no problem falling asleep being so tired, never woke up from noise either.

The hotel had a nice touch of duch style at exterior, I really enjoyed getting used so quickly with steep stairs, didn't want them in another way, I was at Amsterdam after all.

Breakfast room is not big but always we could find room to sit and eat peacefully. Breakfast had milk, coffee, 3 kinds of bread, butter and cheese, chococream, croissant, apples, juice, small portions of fruit yogurt.

Staff was helpful, always smiling. Asim, I think that was the name of a very helpful guy.

Sometime when we went out I could smell a strong smell of cooking at hallways, never asked if they cooked dinner for clients or just themselves.

Location!!! Great Jordan! The best neighborhood!
Hotel near almost everything, we never took a tram to wander the city, 5min to Dam square, 2min to Anne Frank house ( this was good because went there early morning, 30min in line, and by the time we were drinking coffee, queue looked hopeless). 2min away at Dam sq direction was Albert heijn market and we could buy everything we need and keep them on fridge at our room. We found this really helpful.

Overall, I think it was a good 2 star hotel, we had a nice time, can't complain of anything.
I can recommend it if you want a good value for money.

Hope you enjoy Amsterdam!

Room Tip: Stayed at 205, good, but faces tram lines. Room had balcony, almost never used it.

2,980 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Florianopolis, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Quaint hotel perfectly located in the Jordaan neighbourhood. Easy acess by tram from Centraal Station (lines 13 and 17). From there is a short walk to Dam Square and the Red Light District.

The stairs are REALLY steep, it's hilarious! They are way more vertical than any photo I've seen before. I'm not complaining though, I think it is a great feature and deserves to stay this way. Breakfast is the continental type, but it has yoghurt and a lovely view of the canal and the Westerkerk.

We had booked a twin room as the doubles were unavailable for our dates. Upon check-in they kindly put us on a double without sweat. I think every room in the hotel is unique in shape and size, you can check at the emergency procedures in each room, it has the floor plan and shows the different types and shapes of every room in the floor. Ours had a balcony facing the street, where we could also see the canal and the church. Sleep quality was great, during the night the noise was very little.

The staff is great, always helpful. It was fine for me to carry my luggage up to the room but they insisted in doing themselves. Would definetly stay again and recommend for everyone!

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed staying here on our vacation. The location was great, the room was small but comfortable and the staff was helpful and friendly.

The hotel is conveniently located within an easy walk from Amsterdam Centraal and very close to the Anne Frank Museum and several good restaurants. The area is relatively quiet at night which was very nice.

Price-wise it was also a good deal.

The only downside is the steep stairs to get into the hotel and up to the rooms.

craigavon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

A lovely warm welcome by all the staff. So friendly. Got help with bags up and down the stairs. Very comfy warm rooms and good breakfast. Super location. Osam the manager is charming and cant do enough to help. I had aroom to back of hotel which was nice and peaceful but the hotel was quiet anyway. Will definitely use again. Margaret

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Elst
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

What a warm welcome we got in hotel Nadia. Our suitcases were carried up the stairs into our room, a drink from the house. We have had a view over the canal. Clean and big enough. We will come back next time for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

We visited amsterdam in sept 2011 for a pleasure trip for around 3 to 4 days. We had already checked reviews for it n were anticipating most of the features. Pretty close to the station but as v had 2 huge suitcases n a 2 yr old daughtr prefrd a cab to reach the hotel. My father also accompanied us though he was for his own business trip n stayed at some othr hotel. As soon as v enter a beautiful tulip paintings wth the windmills n huge typical wooden shoes are kept! Thn as v look up the stairs the first reaction is Oh my God ! Though knew this thru reviews but seeing is beleiving:) such steep stairs n so many!! But once u climb it u get used to it infact my kid also used to climb on her own. N the best part is the staff is so helpful with the luggage n stoller was kpt down in thr store! Talkin abt staff the manager n all of thm were very friendly, sweet n helpful! Some o most of them were muslims so i guess the fraternity bond was th too:) welcome drinks n the fresh flowers in the room was a kibd gesture as well. Breakfast was continental but ample quantity n variety of croissants cheese slices jams juice etc. Really enjoyed with a great view as well ! Room was no doubt v.small but had each n everything v could think of. Safe,fridge,wifi,phone. Each n every corner was greatly managed! Overall liked amsterdam. My hubby n daughtr used to feel comfy at hotel n i roamed aroun madam tassaud n amsterdam dungeons. Was real fun !! Took a hop on hop off tour also n nearby indian restaurants were available whr halal food was served so meals were also not a problem for us ! Overall great stay with great ppl in a lovely hotel:)

• Stayed September 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

had fantastic stay in nadia simple clean n pefect for expoloring amsterdam will be back staff so freindly manager left flowers in sister in law room for bday and even called on our arival to make sure all was well nice touch ensuring we all be back

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Nadia? Share your experiences!