“Another great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Another great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stay here once a year and every year the staff are friendly, the rooms are spotlessly clean and the breakfast is great. Fresh flowers are put int the rooms on arrival and you have your own fridge / tv / safe etc. Look forward to going back year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

You can't beat the location. A quick tram ride from Amsterdam Centraal and you are dropped off a stone's throw from the hotel. The Jordaan section on the west side of the central city is quieter (read: not red light district) and more residential, but very close to the action.

I'm not surprised that people mention the stairs -- yes, that is a daunting sight when you walk in the door. I was a few steps up with my bag before someone yelled down to me to leave it and someone would get them for me. Obviously the stairs are a problem for people who have limited mobility, but the staff will do everything they can to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I checked in at around 10 AM after an overnight flight -- the woman at the desk told me she could get a room ready in 20 min and invited me to have coffee in the breakfast room while I waited. Every interaction with staff was like that, willing to help in any way possible. Service-wise it was like a top-end hotel.

The price is right, but at this priceline you aren't going to get a Four Seasons like room in Amsterdam. My room was absolutely fine for what I needed. A fully functional, clean en suite bathroom. Nice shower with hot water. A comfortable bed. Free WiFi that worked perfectly. I was in a "Deluxe" room with a view of the canal, and it was quiet and comfortable. The decor was a bit on the dormitory side, but again, at this price, it was exactly what I expected. The included breakfast was a bit sparse, consisting of breads and spreads, including cheese. The coffee was good.

If what you need is a reasonably priced place to sleep while working or enjoying the sights of the city, this is a terrific option.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

we stayed at the nadia hotel over the easter break , lovely hotel, room , food, we would come back and stay at this hotel when ever we come to amsterdam again , near everything ann franks house just over the road if you do go to ann franks house go first thing in the morning we went just after 9 am there is a long line of people waiting to go in, also the hotel is near everything ideal location
from steph n maureen in birmingham u k

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Branford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and overall this was a great place to stay. Yes the stairs leading up from the front door to reception are a pain but it is what it is and the staff took our luggage up. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and great to have conversations with. While our room (#411) was extremely small it was extremely clean. The location is great. Just about everything you want to see if within walking distance. It is also very safe and secure as you have to buzz reception to get inside. You have to take into consideration that steep, narrow stairs and small rooms are normal here.

Room Tip: our room was right in front and it was extremely noisy as the tram runs by all night. if that is a p...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very well located, only a couple of minutes walk from the Anne Frank museum / tram network. We were greeted at the door by Hazza, who cheerily carried our two cases up the steep steps of the traditional Dutch town house and put them in our room. We had a family room with 5 single beds that was a little cramped but more than made up for by the views out to the canal and Westermark Church. You could hear 'street sounds' from the room - church bells, rumbling trams etc - but for us this was all part of the Amsterdam experience and did not stop the children falling asleep! All the staff were very friendly and helpful and were great with our 3 children (aged 7, 9 &11). The fact that they catered for a family of 5 in one room kept the cost of the trip down - all the chain hotels wanted us to take 2 rooms at double the cost! Overall a very pleasant stay and we would recommend the hotel to other families who prefer to get way from sterile chain hotels that look the same in any city you stay in. Really helpful in recommending / booking family friendly restaurants as well.

Room Tip: Ask for canal view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Nadia in Amsterdam for 3 days in early April 2013. The location is right downtown close to everything, 15 minutes walking distance to the Central Station. Very friendly and welcoming staff at the front desk. Our room was facing the street side, so it was a little noisy. Double room was too small, which could be uncomfortable for some people. A washroom was tiny, just enough to get in and slowly back up. They only change the sheets every second day, and there is no cleaning staff after 11 am. One night when we were coming back to the hotel, my friend was wearing a sweatshirt with a hood on, and they would not let us in. It was OK place, but next time if I chose Amsterdam for my travel destination I will be looking for a better option.

Room Tip: Chose a room with Canal View and avoid the Street Side rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel in the early afternoon, I was delighted to be offered a welcome drink and a tourist map of the city by the staff. As my check in time was not due and not wanting to wait, the staff offered to hold on to my luggage bag and transfer it directly into my hotel room so I could commence my sightseeing of Amsterdam without delay! The hotel room has everything I would like to have - mini fridge, TV, safe deposit box, kettle and coffee/tea bags, clean toilet/hot shower with towels and furnished to palace standards. I expected my single room to be small as viewed from their website pictures and didn't spend much time indoors because there was so much to see in the city. On checking out in the morning, I was allowed to leave my luggage bag with the counter staff so I can commence my 2nd day tour before saying farewell to the city in the evening. As a parting gift, they offered me another drink which I took with me and thoroughly enjoyed in the train, making my trip a memorable one and saying good bye less painful. Thank you very much Hazem and Vernonica!

Room Tip: If in winter, could check with the hotel staff if they could keep the heater on for longer as it fel...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Nadia? Share your experiences!