The new renovation of this hotel is unfortunate. I'm afraid it has forgotten how it earned its reputation in the first place. Gone is the beautiful breakfast restaurant with sizable buffet. It has been replaced with a tiny dark restaurant with tiny, very overpriced ala carte breakfast offerings. The guest room is poorly designed in tacky modern style. The painting in the bedroom features the head of a young girl from a Rembrant painting who is staring down upon the bed. The headless torso of the girl is the featured artwork in the living room. We booked a canal view room and were at first given a room on the top floor with a view of the concrete railings that were placed in front of the windows. This was followed by a room with a bedroom that did not have a window to the outside but instead to the lobby. Although the location of this hotel is excellent, I can no longer recommend it. It has forgotten how it earned it's high rating.
- Also Known As:
- De l`Europe Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- De l`Europe Amsterdam Hotel
- Hotel De l Europe
- De l Europe Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Hotel with Victorian exterior, located opposite Flower Market in the City Centre, overlooking Amstel River & Munt Tower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Splendia, Orbitz, Otel, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, EasyToBook, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your De L'Europe Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.