I was interested to read the review of March 25, because I stayed at the hotel from the 18th to the 21st of March, 2005 while visiting relatives in Amsterdam. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay: the room was large and comfortable, the service excellent and hospitable in every way. Although I was on the front of the hotel, in fact, just above the front door, the room was quiet and peaceful.
Because this was a family reunion, I made dinner reservations for the 18th at the Excelsior (the hotel restaurant) for myself and my family. The meal was excellent and beautifully served.
I would have to agree, however, that the bathroom needs remodeling. The colors were dark and old-fashioned and the bathtub so high and so narrow that it was difficult to negociate.
All said, however, I thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and thought the location unbeatable.
- Also Known As:
- De l`Europe Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- De l`Europe Amsterdam Hotel
- Hotel De l Europe
- De l Europe Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Hotel with Victorian exterior, located opposite Flower Market in the City Centre, overlooking Amstel River & Munt Tower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, LHW, Splendia, Tingo, Otel, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your De L'Europe Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.