“Charm and service on a canal . . .” 5 of 5 stars
Review of De L'Europe Amsterdam

You added De L'Europe Amsterdam to your Saves list
De L'Europe Amsterdam
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwe Doelenstraat 2 - 14, 1012 CP Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Stay 4 Pay for 3 Nights
Ranked #15 of 354 Hotels in Amsterdam
Atlanta
“Charm and service on a canal . . .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

When writing a review, I attempt to address questions and/or concerns I might have if I were considering a particular hotel. It is my hope that you find this one useful. Hotel De l'Europe was perfectly charming.

This year my wife and I were celebrating an important anniversary with a Rhine river cruise. Since the cruise boarded in Amsterdam, we went in search of a nice hotel where we could stay a couple days in advance of our departure. Well, we discovered and chose Hotel De l'Europe . . . and were very glad we did.

Located on a very attractive canal, Hotel De l'Europe is absolutely beautiful and we immediately felt right at home as a result of our very warm welcome. Situated in the heart of Amsterdam, the hotel is strategically positioned, rooms are beautiful, immaculately clean and the beds are very comfortable. And, for those who need to be "connected" . . . the wifi worked flawlessly.

Hotel De l'Europe is conveniently close (easy walking distance) to many of the places you might want to visit. If you want or need to stay close to the hotel, the restaurants are exceptional. Bord'Eau has been awarded two Michelin Stars. In fact, the restaurants are so popular that you sometimes need to make reservations in advance of actually arriving. So, keep that in mind when booking your trip. However, if you can't make a reservation or simply don't want to eat at the hotel, there are many, many places nearby where you can have a delicious meal.

For my wife and I, much of our enjoyment during a hotel stay and an important portion of the impression with which we are left after visiting any hotel is the service we receive while there. In the case of Hotel De l'Europe, the service simply couldn't have been better. Whomever was staffing the concierge desk booked attraction tickets and took care of every other need quickly and warmly. The main desk staff were also always very attentive and very helpful. Romy and Caroline were always very quick to help answer questions, provide directions or take care of any other need. And . . . it was always very nice to be welcomed by their warm smiles.

When back in Amsterdam, there will only be one hotel possibility for us. I hope you enjoy the same experience at De l'Europe.

Room Tip: There are many excellent choices . . . canal views and balconies. Look at all the rooms carefully.
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Turkish first
State of Sao Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

i realy enjoyed the hotel, the service was great its location is awesome , right in the midle of the city ( AKA the perfect spot) the room was great the spa and pool where also realy good and the food was incredible my only problem is that you need to make your reservations at the hotel restaurants weeks before and they cost a fortune.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great hotel. Had a river view suite. Amazing view. Huge room and amazing service. Will definitely be back. The hotel is in a great location. Close yo everything. The concierge staff are unbelievable. Will go out of their way to please you. Got us tickets that were sold out !!

Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

De L'Europe like most grand hotels in Amsterdam sits along a canal. It is in a wonderful location, minutes to the museum district, steps from the garden market and boutique shopping.

Service was top notch, exact what you would expect from a 5 star hotel. Everyone from the doorman to housekeeping was invested in your experience as a guest.

Multiple bars and restaurants on site. Sit along the canal at Freddy's for a drink, or dine at the 2 star Michelin restaurant on premises. Concierge arranged multiple dinner reservations, canal tour, and she was able to secure a reserved time slot at the Ann Frank House, saving us hours in line. I recommend the fast lane museum tickets, not cheap but it allows you to skip lines at the major museums such as Van Gogh, again saving hours.

Room was spacious, gorgeous bathroom with small features which made it memorable. Heated floor in main bath, soaking tub with a TV, separate water closet. Hotel provides you an iPad for your personal use, as well as a Delonghi espresso machine for your personal use.

We could not have chosen better. You will want to return to Amsterdam just to visit De L'Europe

Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Normally I don't write bad reviews, but I just read through the reviews of Hotel de l' Europe, Amsterdam and it seems I'm not the only person who was shafted!

I picked this hotel months in advance and paid. I chose the hotel for the view of the canal. When I arrived, the could not find my booking, the room I requested was not available and we had a view of an ugly wall!

Since I didn't want to make a scene in front of my friends I let it go, but wrote to complain once I got home. The reply was rude and unprofessional. I was offered an upgrade when I came back, as if that was likely to happen!

So if you book this hotel, make sure you get it in writing that you have a canal view! If you don't get a canal view know that the rooms are nice but they are simply not worth the money!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Petra G, Director of Rooms at De L'Europe Amsterdam, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Paultjem,

Thank you for sharing your experience at De L'Europe.

The only record that matches the profile and the comments above is from a stay in August 2013 and I am sorry to see that we did not resolve the issue to your satisfaction. I have sent you a private email, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on pgabrielson@leurope.nl if you have not received my email.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,

Petra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Wow....lovely opulence as you enter. My daughter (14) and I were so excited the moment we arrived. They had noore rooms with canal views so upgraded us to a spectacular room. The hotel was pointed out on our canal your as one of the nicest hotels in Amsterdam. I agree! Soecial thanks to the concierge who got us into the Anne Frank Haus (didn't know you have to book months in advance). Leaving tomorrow....Thanks for a lovely stay and everything. Very special!

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Staff and service was top notch.
If you can get the breakfast included, you must, as the price of breakfast is very steep. Staff in the restaurant are all very nice, but a bit scattered, not always sure who was waiting on what table.
Really enjoyed our trip to Amsterdam, look forward to returning! Location of this hotel is perfect!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
DeLeurope, Guest Relations Manager at De L'Europe Amsterdam, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear guest,
Thank you for placing a review on Tripadvisor. It is nice to read that you liked the staff and service and location and that you would like to return for another stay. Your remark about the Brasserie staff has been duly noted and has been forwarded to our restaurant manager. Thank you.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the future,
Kind regards,

Jacqueline Grätz
Guest Relations Manager

Been to De L'Europe Amsterdam? Share your experiences!