“Hotel De L'Europe” 5 of 5 stars
Review of De L'Europe Amsterdam

You added De L'Europe Amsterdam to your Saves list
De L'Europe Amsterdam
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwe Doelenstraat 2 - 14, 1012 CP Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Stay 4 pay for 3 !
Ranked #13 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Birmingham, England
“Hotel De L'Europe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed in a Junior suite (room 210) for 3 nights in March 2015. The room was excellent, with a large bathroom and a balcony. The bed was very big and very comfortable. The breakfast was a little lacking, but the location was very central to the nicer side of the city, and I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat

Room Tip: Get a river view junior suite if you can
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Super efficient arrival, check-in, nice upgrade to junior suite with river view... In short:will certainly return here for pleasure trip. The spa (only used the pool), seems very inviting and the massages and other treatments look great, too. Just didn't have enough time to enjoy it all. Same goes for the 2 star Michelin restaurant...

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Great location in the center of town overlooking the Amstel river. Friendly and helpful staff. Very nice rooms with every conceivable amenity (e.g. heated floors in the bathroom). The best part is Freddy's Bar - named after the late Freddy Heineken, of the family that owns the hotel.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
DeLeurope, Guest Relations Manager at De L'Europe Amsterdam, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Tom,
We like to thank you for your very kind review. It is a pleasure to read your comments about the location, staff, the rooms with their facilities and about Freddy's Bar.
We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Fawn Grove, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

From the moment I pulled up and was greeted by René, who by the way was the type of person you only think exists in movies, the whole experience was remarkable. The desk clerk who checked me in was very helpful and had all the right answers. Now the room, you couldn't of asked for more. The bed was bigger than most bedrooms I've been in, and the pillows were fantastic. If I ever want to feel special when traveling again, this is where I will be!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Dear guest,
What a nice review! We have shared your compliments with our doorman René who felt very flattered!
It is a pleasure to read that you liked our beds and pillows a lot. Please feel free to come back any time to enjoy them again.

England, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

I must say De L'Europe was a departure I haven't written many reviews lately even though I have stayed in many nice hotels over the last year or so.

I must say De L'Europe was a departure from my typical choice of hotel (usually a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton). I had already reserved at the Sofitel Le Grand, but a few days before our trip I change my mind and switched to the De L'Europe. Best decision ever!

I tend to like very modern hotels, but the De L'Europe has managed to bring this grand old dame to present day with all the lovely modern features. Our room was lovely and the bathroom was just right. Separate sinking tub and a fantastic shower room. The bathroom had more amenities than I can recall ever having an any other hotel. We had a slight angle to a canal view and even though hotel is on a lively street the room was absolutely sound proof. Room amenities included a good Wi-Fi connection, an iPad, Nespresso and coffee machine and water at turn down (doesn't anyone do chocolates anymore?). There was also plenty of wardrobe space. The one thing we really loved was the largest on bed pillows that we had ever seen. So big they were too heavy to lift for a pillow fight The beds were really comfortable and we slept well.

The breakfast staff was amazing and the food was pretty good too! Every morning we had a wonderful table with a fantastic canal view. We enjoyed lovely bread and pastries, as well as good selection of cooked to order breakfast dishes.

Speaking of staff, they are clearly the biggest asset of the hotel. We felt welcomed by all. All were pleasant, helpful and engaging. We really enjoyed chatting with Tamro the pianist. The bar staff makes the most amazing drinks - worth the prices for sure.

We also had the afternoon tea, which was quite simply delicious. The sandwiches were not really up to afternoon tea standards, but the desserts, tea and scones as well as the presentation of it all was quite memorable. Our server was very knowledgeable and really made sure we enjoyed it all. On our last day we also went out in the hotel's canal boat. As we have been to Amsterdam before we have taken canal trips before. However, this one felt more exclusive as there was only six of us. The boat was nice and we really enjoyed it.

I am really glad we chose this hotel. We didn't have time to use the spa facilities, but now we have a reason to go back! I haven't written many reviews lately even though I have stayed in many nice hotels over the last year or so.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear TMM,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice and extensive review about your stay at De L' Europe! We are delighted to read that you have very much enjoyed our facilities, the rooms with their amenities, the afternoon tea, the canal boat we recommended and especially our staff. We have shared your compliment with them and in particular with Tarmo, our pianist.

Once again thank you for your kind words and we are looking forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Lyon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The contrast between the street and walking into that hotel alone is worth it - you feel like stepping back into the 19th century, it is beautiful and grand and the service is impeccable. Free WiFi working perfectly everywhere. Meeting rooms that have huge windows opening on the water. The food was delicious. The rooms are spacious, with a separate living and sleeping area which is great because you can work or watch TV without disturbing your significant other (and there are 2 TVs so you don't even have to share the remote if you don't feel like it). They have what I would describe as the biggest pillows in hotel history (honestly they were half my size). Amazing. Bathrobe, slippers, towels, everything is there. The bathroom is spacious and fancy, some bathrooms have their huge window towards the inner courtyard though to just be aware of that and take the curtains down before stepping into the shower ;) Breakfast was, given the price of the room, a little disappointing. The basic offer is...basic (your friendly neighborhood Ibis hotel has about the same offer in terms of diversity) - if you want special stuff (aka something else than scrambled eggs) you have to order it a la carte and thus pay extra (20 Euros for a bagel with cream cheese? I mean like REALLY?). So I guess I recommend enjoy your stay but maybe book brunch at a restaurant instead. There are plenty plenty around. Oh and PLEASE check out the pool for me I did not have time :p

Room Tip: top floor was great very quiet and a huge room
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Alexandra,
It is a pleasure to read your review following your stay at De L' Europe Amsterdam. Your comments about the hotel, rooms with the amenities, meeting rooms and the food are greatly appreciated and have been shared with our staffmembers. Sorry to read that you thought our breakfast buffet was a bit disappointing; our food & beverage team have definitely taken note of it. Thank you for your input.

We hope to welcome you back in the future,
warm regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have nothing to compare it to in Amsterdam, our recent trip there being our first, but this has got to be one of the best, if not the best, hotels in that city. We were thrilled with our stay there. The room was beautiful and very comfortable, the concierge staff and the other staff of the hotel were absolutely terrific and the location is great. Breakfast was included in our deal and their's is excellent.

We took the hotel canal boat cruise. At 38 euros per person, it's a bit expensive, but well worth it. It's a great way to see the city and the hotel's boat captain was excellent.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
DeLeurope, Guest Relations Manager at De L'Europe Amsterdam, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Don,
Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our location and facilities, such as the room, breakfast and our staff, in particular the concierge. Your remark about the boat tour has been shared with him.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to De L'Europe Amsterdam? Share your experiences!