“Amsterdam revisited for 50th Wedding Anniversary” 5 of 5 stars
Review of De L'Europe Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added De L'Europe Amsterdam to your Saves list
De L'Europe Amsterdam
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwe Doelenstraat 2 - 14, 1012 CP Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #14 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Amsterdam revisited for 50th Wedding Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We spent our honeymoon in Amsterdam so we thought we would go back for our 50th. We had a fantastic time. The room was excellent, the staff so helpful, the restaurants top class. The bed was huge, very comfortable and about the size as the room we stayed in on our honeymoon. The size of the pillows was beyond belief. The marble bathroom was very special. The concierge staff were very efficient and organised trips for us, provided tickets so we did not have to queue and gave us excellent advice where to eat, including booking on our behalf. Truly a world class hotel. We are seasoned travellers and know a good thing when we see it.

621 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Galloway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The title is a large one to fill but I believe this hotel was the BEST overall hotel I have stayed (with the Marmara Bodrum in Turkey very close!).
I would consider myself an above aaverage traveler who recognizes good value and service.
From the moment we checked in, to the exit, this hotel exceeded our expectations.
Quick and easy check in (with a tour of our room and ameneties), a great concierge and staff, great breakfast, our room was large and clean with an ipad to go online, the best hotel shower, awesome breakfast, great location, Freddy's bar is nice and great reviews on their Michelin Star restaurant (we had other reservations), elegant and historical buiulding.

What impressed me the most was the staff's attention to detail, top to bottom. That made a world of a difference.

My wife and I cannot rave enough about this hotel. Thank you to the entire staff!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Curzay-sur-Vonne, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I booked De L'Europe Amsterdam Hotel as my husband's advice for my vacation. The hotel was truly awesome as the first class hotel. I love it from outside to inside, it seems perfectly perfect. It looked like an old castle, so historic, royal and luxury. I felt like a queen when I stayed here. My room was spacious, cozy and classy with classic design, high quality furniture and amazing river view. The bathroom was small, but clean and comfortable. I love gym centre, it had modern equipment. The indoor swimming pool was small, but peaceful. Few customers used this pool, so it was the quiet place to enjoy cocktail and read a book.

• Stayed March 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

i booked this hotel for just a night, it was comfortable (the lighting system was a little too clever for me though, with sensors and a complicated setup in the bathroom where i was mostly in the dark) The location was great, very central.
As the hotel did have many available rooms I asked if I could have a larger room as mine was quite small but this could sadly not happen without a significant increase in price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Over the last 17 years I have stayed in countless different hotels in Amsterdam and the hotel De L'Europe is without a doubt the best of the lot.
The most spacious rooms, the best service and staff and an excellent location.
They say you get what you pay for and although this hotel is not cheap, it is definitely value for money.
I will definitely be staying here again on my next visit.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Just enjoyed a truly great two night stay at the De L'Europe. The hotel is very well located with the flower market, shopping, canal services and many a tram services just outside the door. The staff are a credit to the hotel and from the minute we walked through the door we felt so welcome. The room we had was lovely with everything you would need to relax after a long day out in Amsterdam. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a comfortable relaxing hotel in the heart of Amsterdam.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The staff made this excellent hotel even better. The room was spacious and the bathroom was conveniently designed. My room was kept spotless and resupplied. The air-conditioning was exceptionally quiet. Wifi was fast and consistent. The evening turndown service which is often lacking was routinely performed. We were often greeted by name by many of the staff. The breakfast buffet was excellent, but the coffee was not as good as the espresso machine in our room. You can not beat the location.

Room Tip: Room 228 had double sinks and 2 toilets and handicap compatible. Very convenient.