What a magnificent hotel where old word charm meets modern day elegance. I would rank this hotel right up there with the Peninsula in Hong Kong. The De L'Europe is the perfect size hotel, not too big but all the amenities of a larger hotel. We booked through American Express and were given an upgrade to a junior suite with a beautiful view of the canal. We loved the Nespresso coffee machine in the room with an endless supply of free coffee. We had plenty of bottled water as well. Amanda, at the concierge's desk was one of the nicest and most helpful people we have ever met in a hotel. She gave us numerous restaurant recommendations (which were very good), booked tickets to museums and even train tickets. If you are worried about restaurant reservations in advance, Amanda can take care of this on site. We actually cancelled all previous reservations and went with Amanda's. The rest of the hotel staff were equally as nice and helpful. Great, great service all the way around.
The hotel is very elegant, and has been modernized and updated. Not too stuffy either. You can see the rich colors and nice replica artwork throughout the hotel on the website. For us it was just perfect. The beds were so comfortable that we often found ourselves waking up almost too late for the 11:00 am cut off at breakfast (a little jet lag too, traveling from the USA) . We were able to sit at a nice little window table with a view of the canal during breakfast. We ate at Bordeau, the on site Michelin rated restaurant. What a great experience with impeccable service. The wine recommendations were right on with the food. Book early for this restaurant for it fills up fast. Amanda (did I say she is the best concierge ever?) was able to pull some strings to get us in on a late notice.
This hotel is quite expensive, but it is worth it in my opinion. A stay of a life time. Not sure if the hotel has anything to do with it, but any taxi we picked up from the hotel was often a Mercedes, a couple of times an S class. Wow. I cannot say enough great things about his hotel. I am a very picky traveler. I actually was pretty bummed out when we had to check out. My wife and I will return to this hotel next time we go to Amsterdam, which by the way, is much more than coffee shops and the red light district. What an awesome city, and the people are really nice too. Great job by all the around by the staff at Hotel De L' Europe.
- Also Known As:
- De l`Europe Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- De l`Europe Amsterdam Hotel
- Hotel De l Europe
- De l Europe Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Hotel with Victorian exterior, located opposite Flower Market in the City Centre, overlooking Amstel River & Munt Tower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, LHW, Splendia, Tingo, EasyToBook, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your De L'Europe Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.