Taking the old and smashing it with the new, this hotel is modern, warm, and a happy place to be. Amsterdam was a strange city to me, but the moment I entered our room my jaw dropped. My favorite color is mustard, yea appalling to some, but it's a happy color people and out room was a bronzy mustard color with rembrandts on the wall, a stunning terrace over the canal and a modern as you can get purple bathroom. The interior designer deserves huge props to pull off such a task in such a tasteful manner. The concierge booked us dinner at two restaurants of which I will never forget. De Vief Viejen (well, something like that, English: the five flies) was the first and it was drop dead yummy. It's Dutch food made at it's best. The best experience and food I have ever eaten came from Le Rive at the intercontinental. Nothing on any continent has touched it, and I was a vegetarian at the time and the chef created an entire pre fixe menu of 5 courses which was actually like 20, and course on top of course topped the next. When you stay at hotel de l'europe, which you should, get them to book you a dinner at Le rive with drinks afterwards at the secret unmarked bar that was like hogwarts gone achy. (the concierge will instruct you on how to get in). Have fun and enjoy the tulips!
- Also Known As:
- De l`Europe Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- De l`Europe Amsterdam Hotel
- Hotel De l Europe
- De l Europe Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Hotel with Victorian exterior, located opposite Flower Market in the City Centre, overlooking Amstel River & Munt Tower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LHW, Splendia, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, EasyToBook, Priceline, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your De L'Europe Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.