I arrived early after an exhausting flight from NY knowing the room may not be ready. My luggage was stored for me while i went to walk around. I returned around 2pm, and the room still was not ready which was disappointing. Finally, i was shown my room after a brief tour only to find it very small. It has a nice view of the canals from one small window. The staff did follow my request for a quiet room, away from elevators. This is probably the smallest room i have ever slept in and i find it hard to accept in such a high level hotel. The bathroom is very luxurius and large with heated floor but no double sinks. There is a Nespresso coffee machine which is great and the iPad is great too. The Concierge by the name of Eel, correct my spelling, is superb, warm, helpful and wonderful. He guided me on some wonderful walks, recommended places to eat, lent me books of Amsterdam etc. Other staff is great but not as helpful as that man. Now, problems..... On my first day in the hotel, i found 4 flies in my room. They were going crazy above my head. How could housekeeping allow this to happen? Called front desk and was told to wait or someone. After several min, i called back bc noone showed up. This is when the wondeful Concierge showed up and managed to get rid of 2 flies. He arranged for an insect zapper or me so i could kill the remainng flies. The room is clean but not as it should be. Wood floor areas are dusty and dust balls stuck to my suitcase. Tables are dusty also. Housekeeping is inconsistent. On my first day, i had no bath mat, dont dusturb sign, hand cream and body scrub. On second day, i got some of the bath amenities but not all and the room was cleaned very late at 2pm. On the 3rd day, i got all the amenities and finally the dont disturb sign. In this level hotel, housekeeping should be superb. In all, i think this hotel is overpiced so beware of the high prices especially for the tiny rooms.
- Also Known As:
- De l`Europe Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- De l`Europe Amsterdam Hotel
- Hotel De l Europe
- De l Europe Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Hotel with Victorian exterior, located opposite Flower Market in the City Centre, overlooking Amstel River & Munt Tower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LHW, Splendia, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, EasyToBook, Priceline, getaroom.com and Venere so you can book your De L'Europe Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.