“Brilliant stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of De L'Europe Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added De L'Europe Amsterdam to your Saves list
De L'Europe Amsterdam
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwe Doelenstraat 2 - 14, 1012 CP Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #14 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Canberra, Australia
“Brilliant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Recent stay was in May 2012. We found the hotel staff to be so friendly, helpful and courteous.
The Hotel is one of the best I have stayed in, their high tea is to die for. The Hotel is situated right in the middle of the city on a canal, beautifully renovated, the best restaurants. Huge rooms, the decor is different in each one. The bathrooms are stunning, and the latest in design. The towels were the best in Europe. I did not think the hotel was expensive, it was worth every cent. This trip I stayed in other 5 star hotels that were more expensive but not as luxurious.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

613 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I must say I have been impressed by the service and the welcome that the Hotel provided me and my family during my visit. All the staff are friendly and helpful. A point any tourist shall appreciate. I'm glad I booked this hotel which is well located and at the same time makes one's stay comfortable.

Look forward to another visit soon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Clemente, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

The only two cabs we took were from and to the Rail station, everywhere else we walked. Love the decor of this hotel. Fun. We had a beautiful room, large by european standards. The Bathroom was superlative, huge with separate shower and bath. The towels were glorious. Front desk folks were excellent. Hotel is not cheap which made their breakfast all the more disappointing. A very weak effort at a s deep price. Any cafe in a six block radius would give you a better experience and certainly weren't charging the same price. A good location, a good hotel that could have been much better if they addressed the breakfast issue.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Tripadvisor should take down old reviews after a hotel has had a gut renovation. I almost didn't stay here due to the low ratings dating back before the renovation. But I'm so glad I booked this hotel. I have been to Amsterdam multiple times and have stayed in small and large hotels , this hotel has the charm of a small hotel with the amenities of a fine luxury hotel

Bed was amazingly comfortable with beautiful sheets. The room was decorated in a colorful warm red wallpaper with blown up imagery of 17th century Dutch paintings. There was lots of great lighting in the room and a window that opened onto the street. Very quiet though. There was a nespresso machine and an iPad in my room and also an iPhone recharger.
Bathroom was all marble and beautiful
Breakfast was delicious. Staff polite and helpful . Gym was modern and looking into the canal. Located in the midst of everything . Will return !

• Stayed June 2012
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We were greeted warmly. Jordan, took us to our room. WOW, beautiful room, floor heated bathroom, huge, internet worked everyone we turned on. Nothing was too much trouble. Reception always friendly and helpful with enquiries and tours. Freddy's was fantastic as was breakfast each morning. This is 5 star plus, congratulations to all the staff, the best we have experienced in our world travel.

Room Tip: We had Room 522, corner but not overlooking the canal.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel, quiet large stately rooms. Extremely modern and well appointed. Stayed one night on business. Would return with family.

• Stayed June 2012
DeLeurope, Front Office Manager at De L'Europe Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
We are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay as much as you have an look forward to welcoming you back with your family very soon!
new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I was upgraded via Amex Platinum from a river view junior suite to a deluxe suite river view. It was one of the smaller suites #138 but it was prime property with a balcony over the river facing an intersection that gives you a good flavor of the living city, and very nicely decorated if you are into the color red. The bathrooms are very good in this hotel. Climate control in the room was also very good. Service was good throughout and I liked all the food and beverage outlets, having tried them all. At the gourmet restaurant, i was confused about the charges on the menu and got a bill that was about 40 Euro more than I expected. The manager, the moment he found out that I was perturbed, reduced the bill and let me know that he wants my return business. This was one of those 50/50 situations but the manager didn't want me unhappy. I really liked that. I saw several other suites in the hotel and they were all different and interesting; the provocateur suite on the 3rd floor of the dutch masters wing was a real cool suite that I'd want if I returned. Interesting design, bright and a great view. Two cautions -- when I checked out of the hotel, the valet put me into a taxi that wound up overcharging me to the train station telling me that there is a flat rate of 15 Euro anywhere in center city. I called the hotel afterward to let them know about this and to inquire if it were true and was told that I had indeed been overcharged (and for them to know about this so the next guest doesn't get the same deal). So don't assume that just because they put you into a taxi that you will be charged the correct rate; check before the taxi leaves the property. Second, the hotel's in-house handbook on the in-room iPad advertises a spa as of Fall 2011 and it ain't finished yet. Massages are given in your hotel room and the jacuzzi is an extension of the swimming pool at swimming pool temperature. One fellow guest was very irate about this; they gave him cocktails for 2 at the bar. I noticed though that the situation is honestly described on the hotel's website so I can't really complain. The hotel's gym is adequate. Third, if you hire a car and driver thru the hotel concierge, expect to be billed 90 Euro per hour. The service is being marked up quite a bit. That matters if you've booked a decent number of hours. But otherwise, the hotel deserves a rating of Excellent and it rates in the top 20% of city hotels.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for giving us such a glowing review!
Feedback is important to us in order to continuesly monitor and improve our services and facilities. I am therefore very glad that you have taken the time to discribe yor experience in such great detail.
We hope to see you back at De L'Europe again very soon.

Warm regards,

Jeroen Bronsveld

Been to De L'Europe Amsterdam? Share your experiences!