“Undecided not great and not bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quentin England Hotel

Save Saved
You added Quentin England Hotel to your Saves list
Quentin England Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roemer Visscherstraat 30, 1054 EZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #269 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Undecided not great and not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Firstly we arrived early and were told to check into our room which was already ready would cost us 40 so I decided to go and have a look around Amsterdam which is a short tram ride away, (get the 1 it takes you closer than the 5.) To waste some time. Then when it was 2 we were asked to pay. I explained we had already paid and the receptionist checked and apologised.The room was ok, two beds, two chairs and a tv, some channels were in English, you can ask for extra pillow etc if you need them. Towels and shower gel included too. We had our own bathroom which was clean. No bath, a shower sink and toilet. We were upgraded so I can't comment on the cheap room we originally purchased. If you have mobility problems this hotel is not for you. There are a lot of stairs and no lifts. Not great with suitcases. The hotel has WiFi (free) and a pc downstairs and seating. They offer breakfast for ten euros which we didn't eat, it just looked like croissonts (there's a cafe across the road.) There is a supermarket, dominos, Thai and a starbucks five minutes away. LEDISPLIEN is a ten minute walk. No noise at night or during the day. (We had a baby who wouldn't stop crying from a house across the road.) There's a cute little garden and if you're lucky you can see some parrotts. I wouldn't say the hotel was terrible but I have stayed in better three stars. The staff were helpful and even let us store our luggage. I don't like the fact they give you the key and you have access to everyone's luggage and vice versa. It's not very safe but other than that. I'd stay there again if they're weren't so many stairs.

Room Tip: Anything with you're own bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Jonatan T, Front Office Manager at Quentin England Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear guests,

Thank you for your review on Expedia.

We always appreciate the feedback of our guests. Please keep in mind we are a 2* hotel and not a 3* like you mentioned. A early check-in (before 12h00) is EUR 10 per room. The standard check-in can be done from 14h00 (we have 24hr reception).

The Quentin England Hotel is located in a historical building fo 5 floors. There is not lift, which is also written on the websites. You can always ask for a lower floor on the booking. We will try our best to meet your preferences.

In case a guest is not happy with the room you can come to the reception and we are always willing to help you out with the best solution possible.

We offer continental breakfast for EUR10. This includes various bread (white, brown, raison), croissants, sugarwaffels, cruesli, muesli, cheese, ham, salami, various jam, peanut butter, chocolade spread, coffee, tea, orange juice, apple juice, chocolatemilk, cookies.

Thank you again for your review and with kind regards,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Having read other reviews on this hotel I was naturally quite nervous but I had absolutely no need to be. The hotel was located in a very quiet clean street right next to a lovely park and less than 5 minutes walk from the town.
When we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly man named Wladimir who gave us a map and explained where the main attractions were, he even circled them, which for someone like me is a godsend as i can be very forgetful! My daughter and Iagreed that this made a huge difference to our stay and made getting about so much easier than it would have been.
Our room was on the 3rd floor and I would have to say that if you struggle with your fitness or have mobility problems request a room on a lower floor. The room was clean and comfortable and the shower room was perfectly adequate(we had an ensuite twin room). Our room was at the back of the hotel so was very quiet with a view over the garden which is actually more of a terrace.
I would have to say that this was definately worth what we paid and some. Obviously it wasnt luxury but for the price you would not expect that. What made all the difference were the friendly and helpful staff. I would definatly stay here again and have no hesitation in reccomending it.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Charlottegilbey74

Thank you for your review on Expedia.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the help of our staff.

Thank you again for your review and with kind regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

After reading reviews regarding this hotel I was slightly nervous, however I was pleasantly surprised. I went to Amsterdam for 4 days with my 2 friends for my 21st. We had a friendly reception on arrival and were able to leave our luggage at the hotel until our room was ready, allowing us to explore in the mean time.
The room was average with our own bathroom aswell. For the price you pay to stay here - you really cant complain. Housekeeping came twice while we were there with fresh towels and did offer fresh sheets but we were disco napping at the time!!
The location worked well for us its close enough everything - the man on reception gave us a map (which was a saviour) and told us where everything was.
For the money we paid to stay here we were really happy with our stay. Dont stay here if your expecting 5 star luxury but if your realistic about what your paying, you'll be more than happy staying at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Jonatan T, Front Office Manager at Quentin England Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Claire,

Thank you very much for your nice review on Tripadvisor.

We really are happy with your honest review. Unfortunately a lot of people do not know what they have booked and sometimes expect more. We are happy that you liked our staff. Our staff is always happy to help you out with the best solution possible. .

widnes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed here early June (2014). We were allocated a small room with no en-suite facilities, which we thought we would have. The man on the desk had a double room available due to a cancelation, which we accepted for 5 euro extra each per night (we stayed for 2). The first room we were allocated was blisteringly hot (the weather was very beautiful during our stay) but the room we took was much cooler. It was clean and the shower/toilet facilities were well adequate. Didn't eat here so cannot comment on that. The hotel is situated in a very nice leafy old street, not too far from all that one would wish to see in Amsterdam. I have to say that I personally would recommend this hotel it is bargain basement but we knew that when we booked so I wasn't disappointed. I would stay there again. Just be sure that you know exactly which class of room you are getting when you book. Our room was at the back of the hotel and I found it bizarre that I was awoken at the crack of dawn by tropical birds chirping away. When I looked out there were parrots and other tropical birds flying around. This is where Amsterdam meets the Brazilian rain forest!
Paul Mullarkey
Widnes, England.

Room Tip: The first room we looked at was like an oven but the one we took(at the back) was much cooler, the d...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jonatan T, Front Office Manager at Quentin England Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Paul,

Thank you for your nice review on Expedia.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. We are happy that we were able to upgrade you for a small extra. Indeed we have some tropical birds in Amsterdam. There are a lot in the Vondelpark (close by). Now with the very soft winter they increased big numbers which gives a more tropical touch to Amsterdam.

Thank you once again and with kind regards,

Redditch, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I Stayed here with my wife for 4 nights and was not expecting a particularly spacious room but was more than happy with the room we were allocated. I found the staff to be excellent and accommodating to all of our requests including leaving our luggage at the hotel before and after checkout and I would say that Wladimir was especially welcoming.

Our room came with a toilet and shower facilities and a TV as well access to free WiFi our towels were changed and beds made up on a daily basis and whilst basic the rooms was comfortable and served our needs. Breakfast whilst basic served our needs and we were able to enjoy a good start to the day every day during stay.

The hotel is close to the Leidseplein and Museum quarter and is in an excellent location and is located in a quiet street. I would definitely return to this hotel should I decide to revisit Amsterdam and would recommend anyone looking for a slightly above budget hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jonatan T, Front Office Manager at Quentin England Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Martin,

Thank you very much for your nice review on Tripadvisor.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Thank you once again and with kind regards,

Front Office Manager

Been to Quentin England Hotel? Share your experiences!