“Conveniently located hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Piet Hein

You added Hotel Piet Hein to your Saves list
Hotel Piet Hein
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vossiusstraat 52 - 53, 1071 AK Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #157 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Arnhem
“Conveniently located hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We booked a 3-persons room (not many hotels offer such rooms). The room was clean but rather small and little space to leave your luggage. Mattresses rather hard. The staff was friendly. Breakfast buffet sufficient, space around the buffet, however, rather cramped. Location is great, just across the Vondelpark and a short 5 minutes walk to the Rijksmuseum, van Gogh museum and also to the Leidseplein with lots of cafés and restaurants. From there it is another 15 minutes to the Dam and Central Station. Overall a good hotel, reasonably priced (for Amsterdam standards) and a good choice for a short visit to Amsterdam.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for three nights and found the hotel clean, the staff friendly and the breakfast simple, but nice.

Some of my colleagues got very pokey rooms and were not as happy, so make sure you ask for a room with a bit of space. The location was good, quiet and right next to the Vondelpark and within easy walking distance of Leidseplein. There were several decent restaurants just round the corner.

The hotel was very reasonable and far better than I had expected for the money. The hotel has a large back garden, which is probably very nice in the summer. I would not hesitate to stay here again - if I was sure to get one of their larger rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed for four nights at Hotel Piet Hein which is modern, clean and smart. The staff were polite, friendly and helpful. they booked a tour for me and the shuttle to return to the airport. the hotel is situated next to Vondel Park and the museums. There are nice restaurants and a bakery selling savoury and sweet pastries, drinks, nearby. If you want to eat a little cheaper you can either take a tram or walk over to Leidseplein. My room was clean and comfortable. I enjoyed my time there - if I could change one thing I would ask them to provide tea/coffee making facilities in guest rooms - being English I always have to have tea each morning before going down to breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Neat clean rooms good hotel overall. Good location close the city center. However staff could be a bit more polite. We have asked for help to carry our luggage. They were not willing to help and they have complained all the way.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel had a very good reputation in the hands of the same General Manager for over 30 years. I booked our room several months in advance - not knowing about the change - with my credit card as security for our reservation for a 3 nights stay. To our surprise when checking-in I was asked to pay in ADVANCE the final bill including breakfast. When I asked why this was not mentioned in their confirmation I was told recently the hotel has been sold to new owners, they have a new director and advance payment is the new policy. I had no alternative but pay as demanded.
Soon after checking in I informed reception that the light bulb in not working in the bathroom by the washbasin and as there is no window I'll have difficulty to shave in the morning. As we were going out to dinner the receptionist promised to take care of the matter while we will be out. We came back - nothing happened. Next morning I've reported the same to another Receptionist and also that at back of the bathroom door there are only two holes as the hooks are missing to hang our pyjamas and dressing gowns. It'll be down by the time we'll get back from the museum was the promise on day two...and the same promise we had on day three. Finally we checked out on the morning of day four with still no light by the washbasin or hooks on the door and all this for 520.89 euros for 3 nights!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Park and remember it's NOT the same hotel as it was before due to...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

i found this hotel very comfortable by its location near museum quarter and its facilities are also enough good for staying for 3-5 days in Amster
unfortunately there is no big shops around hotel where we could buy some food and alcohol

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Piet Hein? Share your experiences!