“Nice, clean, lovely hotel and very helpful staff...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Piet Hein

You added Hotel Piet Hein to your Saves list
Hotel Piet Hein
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vossiusstraat 52 - 53, 1071 AK Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier))   |
Ranked #193 of 357 Hotels in Amsterdam
Valencia, Spain
“Nice, clean, lovely hotel and very helpful staff...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed in this hotel from 3 - 7 December ‘2015
The check in process was relatively quick, the receptionist was friendly and polite and very helpful.
Before I arrived, I requested a room that faces the Vondelpark , and that’s what I got.
As soon as one enters the building, you see a lounge, a bar and reception area, all decorated to a lovely high standard with a very comfortable atmosphere. The building is very charming, old building with modern touch and high ceilings.

Location
This hotel is located in a relatively quiet street, next to Vondelpark in the museum quarter in Amsterdam city. Short walking distance from all the museums, like Rijks Museum, Van Gogh Museum etc and about 25 minutes walk to Dam Square

Room
I booked a single bedroom that faced the park at the front of the building. It is a small room with small ensuite bathroom. Although it’s small, but because the room had a high ceiling, it felt larger than it was. Very well decorated, lovely colour scheme, and there is a tall cupboard and safety box to store all my belonging and luggage.
The room was clean with a big window and comfortable temperature.
There wasn't any tea/coffee facility in the room, but there was plenty of water with slices of lemon or orange for hotel guest to drink at the reception area

Breakfast
Breakfast room is located on the lower ground floor. It wasn’t a big room, but it’s very well designed, comfortable space to enjoy breakfast in the morning. One room facing the street and the other facing the lovely garden at the back of the hotel. I can imagine, it would be nice having breakfast outside during the summer months.
The food was very good, prepared to the highest standard. hot and cold food.
The staff in the breakfast room, were very friendly and polite and made my stay very enjoyable.

I really enjoyed staying in this hotel. Very comfortable hotel is well designed and good service from all the staff.
I highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again when I go back to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Ask for room that facing the Vondelpark in the upperfloor
  • Stayed December 2015, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness

Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Hotel is situated near museum quarter and there are quick and easy tram rides to the city centre making it a perfect location for visiting attractions and exploring the city. Also, lots of nice resaurants and bars nearby. Had a 2 single bed room and lovely sized room, and nice ensuite. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed January 2016
Deganwy, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel is in a great location to explore Amsterdam and conveniently located for tram/bus and museums.

The hotel is clean and comfortable. The room was small and could be updated, the bathroom looked as if it had been recently updated. The room was cleaned everyday.

We had breakfast included and it was a very decent breakfast. with a choice of cereals and yoghurts to Dutch pancakes, sauages and eggs cooked at request.

There is a nice looking bar in the hotel however, when we went down for a drink in the bar there was no staff to be seen and so we ventured out to a local bar which is just a few minutes walk away.

Would reccommend hotel and stay there again.

• 3 of 5 stars
Harwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here a couple of nights with my wife while we had a short trip to the city and have to say from the moment we saw the entrance to the moment we left we didn't really have a bad word to say about this hotel. The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us the breakfast was very good with a excellent choice nice quite lounge area and bar which we enjoyed a night cap in after long days of sight seeing.The only negative is there was no tea/coffee making facilities in the room so couldn't enjoy a drink when we woke up had too wait until going down for breakfast but hardly a problem would not hesitate to stay here again and would recommend this hotel (for the star rating and price)

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked via experia after flicking through the images provided and reading all the description available. Upon arrival we were greeted by a lady who asked us to "wait a minute" as she finished moving things around the desk! After being given our room key to 226 we opened the door an stepped into what I can only describe as a exceptionally small box room verging on a cupboard to store dirty laundry. My partner and I couldn't even walk past each other, there were holes in the wall and the room was very grubby, one thing you check is the bed...this had a number of brown stains on the sheets which is unacceptable in any accomodation.

My girlfriend had booked the room so she went to reception to complain and explain this room was unacceptable and nothing at all what Expedia were advertising on the website, the what we can only assume was the hotel manager said "the website gives the room dimensions" and "we are fully booked, there are no other rooms" feeling she had no argument against this she came back to the room where I was trying to fix the shower head as that was falling off. We wanted to go sight seeing so after a early start etc...

When we returned we were still not happy with the situation with the room so I went to reception again I was greeted by a different member of staff and I explained we were not happy with the room, she then said we have another room that had just been refurbished and gave me the key so I could have a look! Suprising after they said they were full.

We decided to move rooms and continue our holiday, the room was better although very close to reception and the bar area so we could hear all the guests arriving and lots of slamming doors!

Overall the hotel is in a good location but the room we were given was very poor, luckily we moved and enjoyed our stay.

Would we return to this hotel probably not, after getting back to Manchester we booked into a traveloge and I have to say they do have it right at least you know what you are getting.

Room Tip: Check what you are buying, perhaps go for a higher priced room
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The room was very small (economy double) but had everything we needed including a safe. The staff were pleasant and helped out giving directions to sites. Close to the 'I Amsterdam' sign and Rijksmuseum, with great tram links into the city centre.

Only slight complaint was that when we asked for new towels, the old ones were left in a pile on the toilet... not sure why!

• Stayed January 2016, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. My room was clean, the bed comfortable, and everything was working the way it should. I believe I got great quality room for the low price I paid. The staff were willing to please and approachable. Location of the hotel is good too - 25min walk to the Dam Square, 10min walk from Rijks Museum, lots of shops in the area - perfect if you like exploring cities on foot. I tried to upgrade the room upon arrival as I decided to travel with a friend, and the staff was more than happy to comply and alter the booking. The only minus was that the rooms are not equipped with kettles or a mini fridge. Other than that, I was 100% happy with the hotel.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled with friends