“good value, no frills, helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Europa 92

Save Saved
You added Hotel Europa 92 to your Saves list
Hotel Europa 92
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1e Constantijn Huygensstraat | 103-107, 1054 BV Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #242 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Manchester, United Kingdom
“good value, no frills, helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Title sums up my stay here. The hotel is good value for money. The room was spacious and the beds comfy. The location was also very good, just opposite a tram stop. It is a little dated on the stairs/landings (very small lift) and the bathroom could have done with some modernisation, however, it provided a cosy place to sleep. One of the staff was very helpful - he wrote down the tram/train times for me to get to Schipol as I had an early flight - I really appreciated him going the extra mile.

Room Tip: Choose a courtyard room as it is quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Location is great.near Leidsplein.close to trams.few meters from large supermarket.the elevator is tiny and very,very slow.it also gets stuck often and there is a sign about it but nobody seems to worry about it...or...fix it?
The elevator stops in between floors.then there are steep stairs.and we needed(and got) help with our luggage. The room is small,but O.K. We needed help with the safe.
There were two small towels in bathroom.we asked for more but they never brought it to the room.
the water in the shower were much too hot.they could not do anything but advise us to let the water run untill it cools,which never happened.
All together...good location,not expensive,with some luck you don't have any problem,otherwise,in a way,you're on your own...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights during our interrailing trip. The hotel is a 10-12 minute tram ride on tram number 1 from centraal station making it pretty accessible and easy to get to. The hotel itself is quite small and outdated with a good refurbishing needed. The receptionist was although not rude not very friendly either and did not offer any help or advice for our stay in Amsterdam. The room was very basic with a very small bathroom, although it was very clean. Our room looked out onto the patio which got very noisy at night at times as we had the window open due to no air conditioning in the room. We did not try the food at this hotel. Overall the hotel was adequate for our stay and I would recommend it to those on a budget who want basic accommodation in a great city. Would consider returning to this hotel in the future

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Krakow, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Very good and nice hotel, good location - close to the city centre, good connection with the airport (by bus), spacious and nice rooms, big bathroom, friendly and helpful staff, nice atmosphere... I reccomend it!

Room Tip: we had no air conditioning in the room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

A friend and I stayed at the Hotel Europa 92 in mid-May and found our experience to be less than satisfactory. On 2 separate occasions we went down to the front desk, only to find that there was not someone there. That certainly did not make us feel safe in a new city. The room itself was simple and functional, but the bathroom had paint peeling and a leak. I am coming back to Amsterdam in July for business and not certain that the Hotel Europa deserves a second chance to gain my hard earned money.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Almaty, Kazakhstan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for three nights as a weekend getaway, while on business trip to Dusseldorf. I was traveling alone I looked for a safe street somewhere in the center. Hotel Europa 92 turned to be ideal for this purpose. It is located just a few minutes walk from Vondel Park and a 8-10 minutes walk from Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh and Stedelijk museums. Tram station is just around the corner. Tram No1 will take you directly to Amsterdam Centraal station. Heineken factory is 10-12 minutes walk (you ca walk through Vondel Park). Although the hotel is located on a street, outside noise is not really a problem, as soon as the window is shut. Staff were helpful and very nice and friendly. I lived on second floor, but you have to take a lot of stairs to get there. On my arrival I used lift and it was ok. But when I was leaving I could not get into the lift, it just would not go down. Probably it was just me not closing the door properly (it was one of those old lifts with two doors). I was lucky not to have a lot of luggage with me in this trip. Elsewhere, the room was small but clean and ideal for a short getaway, when all you need is a place to rest your head after a long day of walking around, exploring the city. Hotel location is ideal for this purpose. It looks like it requires some refurbishment though. Would totally recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I booked this as a surprise long weekend away for my boyfriend and I (booked as a package via easy jet with flights included). Caught a train to Central station then jumped in taxi from there as is was our first trip to Amsterdam and didn't know our way around. Really no need for a taxi though just a short tram and a walk away really easy to find.
About a 5min walk to the Leidesplein square and trams back towards red light district and the station. Walking distance to Heineken factory too. Personally I think that I enjoyed the walking more as it meant you can discover more that Amsterdam has to offer with it's narrow streets hidden coffee shops etc.
Room was small but all you needed for a weekend, bed, bathroom, wardrobe space and a TV.
Continental breakfast served every morning fairly basic but substantial and as expected. Toast, tea, jams, cereal etc.
Staff were friendly always said hello.
No problems during our stay and would recommend to any looking for a place to rest their head after exploring for the day!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Europa92, Front Office Manager at Hotel Europa 92, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel and we hope to welcome you again!

Kind regards,

Ilse

Been to Hotel Europa 92? Share your experiences!