“Nice location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Europa 92

You added Hotel Europa 92 to your Saves list
Hotel Europa 92
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1e Constantijn Huygensstraat | 103-107, 1054 BV Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #239 of 346 Hotels in Amsterdam
Bergen, Norway
“Nice location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Small hotel with friendly staff. OK service, but it could have been slightly cleaner. The location is perfect for a stay in Amsterdam and I think that is refected in the relatively high price we paid. Our room faced the back yard and we slept very well our two nights.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hotell.no

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Turkish first
Bolton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We recently stayed at Hotel Europa 92. I can't fault the staff who were very helpful, and the breakfast was good (continental so no hot food, but this is what you expect in most of Europe and there was still a good selection and plenty of it).
However, the room itself was very disappointing! I had booked the hotel based on the pictures on the website as it looked like the nicest hotel in our price range in the location we wanted. Obviously only part of the hotel has undergone renevations as our room had dirty walls, stained red carpet and tired blue wicker furniture. It was nothing like the clean, modern wooden floored rooms in the photographs. It did as a place to rest our heads, but was not the lovely room I was expecting. Also, there must have been a leak in the bathroom as really big puddles kept appearing next to the door after we had a shower. Really the hotel should include a photo of rooms like this on their website so that guests are not as disappointed as we were upon arirval as they will at least know what they might be getting.
I'm sure if I had gotten a renovated room I would have enjoyed my stay a lot more, but I wouldn't stay again as there is no guarantee of the room I would actually be getting.
One other thing, the hotel says that it is forbidden to smoke weed in the hotel and guests caught doing so would be asked to leave, but the corridors smelled of weed every day we were there so this obviously is not the case.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room towards the back as the rooms at the front can be noisy. Also ask for a roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Eagan, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Hotel Europa 92 (not to be confused with a hotel of similar name in Amsterdam) was a great option for me and 3 teenagers. We really needed the 4 beds. Once you figure out the tram system - you will see this is a great option. It is right in front of No. 1 tram stop. I may have missed it, but am hoping the hotel adds public transportation directions to their website. We took the 197 bus RIGHT outside the airport and it took us directly to Leidseplein...from there a very short walk to hotel - we had to stop to ask for directions so explicit directions on website would have been helpful. But this bus was great - I think it was about 16 Euros total for the 4 of us and it took less than 1/2 hour and was SO EASY. They even sell tickets right at the bus stop because it's such a popular option. Beds were comfy...Yes...you could hear the trams once in a while but with the windows shut it was hardly noticeable.
The garden in the back was lovely - so beautiful and such a surprise!!!
Staff was very helpful they even printed out my Anne Frank tickets that were sent to me via email...BTW a good option...bypass the line - even if you arrive earlier at the museum before your actual printed time - walk to the front of the line and see if they'll take you then...most likely they will.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Northbrook, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent, it is walking distance to most of the main areas of Amsterdam. Right next to Vondelpark and Leidseplein. We only stayed here for one night, so for this reason the location of this hotel was a massive pro.The staff was very easy going but not exactly helpful. Luggage was difficult to carry up and we had absolutely no help. The room is pretty small and the bathroom is meh. Bed is pretty uncomfortable. The worst though was the smoking scent in our bedroom. It absolutely lingered on our clothing from just sitting in the room. We had absolutely no idea there was smoking allowed in this room. The room was definitely sold as a nonsmoking. For this reason, I give it three stars. However, if you don't mind the smoking smell, this hotel is great in terms of value and location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Europa92, Front Office Manager at Hotel Europa 92, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear,

Thank you for your review on out hotel.

It is true that some of the rooms in our hotel are smoking rooms. Unfortunately you were given a smoking room. If you are planning on staying again we will make sure you get a comfortable, non-smoking room, just like you want it.

We are trying to make your stay as comfortable as possible and you can help us with that by contacting us about your preferences. Please let us know your preferances the next time you're visiting our hotel!

Your review really helps us to improve our hotel, so we would like to thank you for that and we hope to see you again in our hotel.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights in November. Hotel is in a perfect location for exploring the staff were great in recommending places to visit. Rooms rare basic but in such a beautiful city it really is all you need! They are clean and tidy. Breakfast set you up for a day wandering. I would stay here again and again already planning a trip back. Thanks to everyone who works there!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear,

Thank you for the most positive review we've received!
We are really happy to hear you've had such an amazing time in our hotel and Amsterdam.

Thank you for staying and please contact us if you're coming back in the future!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had a great time staying at Europa 92. The staff were generally friendly and the breakfast was good. It's right in the heart of the city, near to Vondelpark, Dam Square area etc. I used the tram and occasionally taxis to get to certain places. I got to see a lot of the major tourist attractions and also went on a canal cruise at night time which was lovely. I would love to visit Amsterdam again and I would be happy to book and stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear,

Thank you for your review on our hotel.
We are happy to hear that you have had a amazing stay in Amsterdam and our hotel.

Please let us know when you are planning to come back to our hotel and we will tell you some others attractions you must've seen in Amsterdam!

Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The hotel location is good and the staff is friendly/helpful. My room was very small; I had to lift my carry-on sized suitcase over the desk which blocked easy access to the room. It was somewhat clean. I would classify it as more of a motel than a hotel. I was actually quite glad that I only had to stay for one night. To get there using the tram system, take Tram 1 - not 2 or 5 (I was told I could take 1, 2 or 5).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We are sorry to hear that your stay wasn't as good as we've hoped for. Your review will help us to improve our hotel.

If you are planning on staying again in the future, please let us know. In that case we can reserve a bigger and nicer room for you.

Ilse

Been to Hotel Europa 92? Share your experiences!