“Very friendly and attentive” 5 of 5 stars

Package Deal
Ranked #60 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bussum, The Netherlands
“Very friendly and attentive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Very clean, stylish and modern, and really wonderful and friendly staff! There wasn't any noise from the street but that was because I was at the back - good tip. I really appreciated having a staff member take me to my room and explain where everything was and how it worked.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

The hotels is very well connected to the central station and Schipol airport. Location is just perfect, you are walking distance from all the places of interest. I suggest to book trough the hotel website instead of agents cause for the same price (or even less sometimes!!) you can get nice extras: we had a free drinks card and breakfast discount upon arrival! Lounge and rooms are perfectly decorated and very welcoming. The bathrooms are simple but nices. I sincerely reccomand this hotel for couple and businness travellers and definetly stay there again next time in Amsterdam!

• Stayed January 2015
Dear guest,

I very much appreciate that you've taken the time to write (such a lovely!) review on Tripadvisor. Thank you!

I'm so happy to read you loved your stay with us ánd that you also recommend other travelers to use our own website to make the reservation. We indeed offer various extras (free drink vouchers, 25% discount on breakfast and the lowest price and more) when guests book directly with us.

I hope we may welcome you again in the Albus for another blissful stay!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

First off, the location of this hotel is ideal.

The staff are incredibly helpful, friendly, and polite.

Free wifi, simple and comfortable rooms. Coffee machine is a nice touch.

Only drawback I really noticed was the lack of a mini-bar.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for recommending us to other travelers on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and give us a 4 out of 5 rating!

Indeed we have no minibar: we offer room service without a surcharge so we can bring the chilled drinks to the rooms for a reasonable price! It also helps us to save a lot of energy which we believe is very important. We are a sustainable hotel and are awarded with the Golden Green Key!

I hope we will see you again in the Albus.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The check in process was simple and the concierge was friendly. He explained all services and provided directions for getting around town. The hotel is in easy walking distance to all the central Amsterdam attractions and train station. Wifi was included and the room was bright and clean but quiet.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Dear guest,

I'm so happy to read all your positive comments about your stay with us. Thank you so much for sharing them online!

I hope we may welcome you again in the Albus when you're in Amsterdam.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Great location and service. Nice breakfast and the restaurant is very cosy. The room is great with free nespresso coffee provided by a coffee machine. Always they put a fresh bottle of water free of charge. The staff is very kind.

• Stayed January 2015
Dear Anna,

Thank you so much for the 5 out 5 review! I'm so glad that you've experienced 'a sense of bliss' when you stayed with us.

I will let Sofia know you appreciate her!

We'd love to see you again in the Albus.

Cheshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Could not fault this hotel, cracking location very good staff, clean stylish rooms free wi-fi.
Comfy beds, we stayed here for one night before Christmas and would recommend to anyone vistiting Amsterdam

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for recommending us to other travelers on TripAdvisor. I'm so happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that you've rewarded us with a 5 out 5 review!

Hopefully we will welcome you again when you're in Amsterdam.

Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm disappointed to have to leave a mixed review of this hotel, as it has been my favorite in Amsterdam for several years and I've stayed here 2 or 3 times prior with nothing but positive comments. But I was much less impressed this time during my week-long stay (13-20 January 2015).

First, the wireless internet was not functional at all during part of our stay. On the days that it was functional, the connection was terrible. It was slow, and we repeatedly (sometimes as often as every 5 minutes) lost the connection and had to reset it. This made downloading any large files or maintaining a video call impossible. This problem lasted for the entirety of our 7 night stay.

Second, the room cleaning was the worst I've seen in any hotel in recent memory, including the 3-star hotels where I've stayed (the Albus is a 4-star hotel). One one day we slept late and asked if it was still possible to have the room cleaned when we left in the afternoon. We were told yes, but upon return nothing had been done except for replacement of towels. On every other occasion that the room was actually "cleaned," the cleaning appeared to have been superficial and rushed. And one one occasion, several items from the bathroom were missing - nothing of substantial value, but nonetheless it was an inconvenience to replace these things that were presumably discarded in error. And they never once replaced our shower amenities in the entire weeklong stay - eventually I ran out of bodywash and had to ask for more, which was of course provided. But generally these things are replaced automatically without the tedious need to request basic items.

The room itself was quite adequate (we had stayed in this room before and were satisfied), but there were several cosmetic deficiencies such as stains on the carpet and a broken tile in the bathroom.

Finally, there seemed to be a general decline in attempts to provide four-star hospitality here. In the past, I've really felt the hospitality to be superb in this hotel and deserving of its four stars and fairly high price. This time, it was adequate at best. Certainly no better than the NH Carlton directly across the street, which is generally less expensive.

The hotel's positive elements generally remain unchanged - first among them is it's ideal location. And certain staff did exemplify four star service during our stay. The rooms are quite nice and modern (although the addition of a mini-fridge would be nice - it's unusual to lack this in such a hotel), however perhaps they could use some repairs and more thorough cleaning.

All in all, i don't think I will be returning to the Albus, unfortunately. The NH Carlton is a better value for the money.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Taco v, Eigenaar at The Albus, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hello Scott,

Thank for your honest feedback. I would like to offer you my sincere apoligies for your experience, especially since your previous stays were so wonderful. This is certainly not up to our standards!

I will contact you personally to elaborate.

Lisa Jurgens
Deputy Manager

Been to The Albus? Share your experiences!