“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Sydney, Australia
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Room was small and very noisy. Not at all what we expected judging by the description provided on the hotel website. Will not be staying there again. On the positive side, the staff are excellent. With a quitter and more comfortable room the stay would have been enjoyable.

Hello precious guest,

Thank you for your honest feedback.

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy the room that you booked as much as you expected. May I just suggest you to inform the reception directly during your next stay? We offer different room types, ranging from 18 up to 32 square meters surface, located in the front, side or back of the hotel. Most of the times it is possible to change to another room during your stay, preferably immedeately after check in.

I appreciate your positive comments on our staff and I will pass your compliments to our team.
Hoping to welcome you again in the Albus!

Deputy Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Great Neck, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Just returned from 8 nights in Amsterdam, staying at The Albus. First and foremost, the staff was lovely, helpful and really friendly. Our room was very bright and spacious. The location is excellent: walking distance to many sights but not in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the city and is easily accessible via public transportation. Don't let the sexy advertising sway you one way or another; it is a perfect place to stay as a family and the unlimited coffee and licorice candies were a plus as well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello valuable guest,

Thank you so much for all your nice comments!

I am glad you have enjoyed the free take-away coffee and our typical Ducth candies in our lobby. I am also happy to read that you recommend the Albus as a family friendly hotel as we do like to welcome our little guests!

We are hoping to see you and your whole family back soon for another long and blissful stay in Amsterdam!

Newbridge, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We are just back from a fantastic 3 night stay at the albus. The hotel is very well located with a tram service outside the door that brings you to both dam square and central station.... The staff are a credit to the hotel and from the minute we walked through the door we felt so welcome. A member of staff invited us to sit down and offered drinks and then went through the main attractions on the map and anything extra we would want to see. I would also recommend buying tickets at reception for certain attractions as you get to skip the queue and they were the same price. The room we had was lovely with everything you would need to relax after a long day out in Amsterdam. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a comfortable relaxing hotel in the centre of everything Amsterdam has to offer.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear precious guest,

Thank you very much for recommending the Albus!

It's nice to read that you have made use of our pre-sale tickets so you could skip the lines at the museums. Ans most importantly, I am very happy that we have made you feel welcome as we all consider this as our biggest mission!

We hope to see you again soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We loved staying at the Albus Hotel. The room was modern and cool, and the shower and bathroom were definitely unique! Loved the staff and everyone we met there. Perfect location for night life and close to the Tram. Would definitely stay there again!!

Room Tip: Get a king bed!
Dear valuable guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review on this website!

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you have discovered the lively bars and clubs which are situated just around the corner from the hotel. I hope our staff has been able to provide you with some inside information and recommendations while you were here:).

We all hope to meet you again in the Albus soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Had a few days at the Albus from the 14th t0 17th April. Reception staff very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Breakfast was varied and fresh with something to suit everybody and breakfast team very efficient. I found the room really comfortable, beds, pillows etc and overall very clean. Well done Albus!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear precious guest,

Thank you for all your nice compliments! I am very happy to read that our team has ensured you a great stay in all areas during your exploration of Amsterdam.

We hope to welcome you again soon for another blissful stay!

Lsa Jurgens
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Fantastic location in Amsterdam - walking distance to everything!
The staff is very friendly and will do everything they can to help.
The street is a bit noisy at night, but having said that, the beds and pillows are lovely and I had some great nights of sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street area bit noisy at night.
Taco v, Owner at The Albus, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Hello precious guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments!

I am glad to read that you have had some great nights of sleep as we consider the beds and bedding as one of the most important things to ensure a blissful stay.

We hope to welcome you again soon for more sweet dreams!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was so excited to write a review when I first entered the Albus. The staff was very friendly and even gave us four free drink vouchers at the bar for the lift being out of service. But then it all started to fall apart . We were there Tuesday- Friday and Tuesday/Wednesday we good but then Thursday comes and they don't clean our rooms while we are out ALL DAY! Much to our disappointment when we get to our room Thursday at 5PM (after being out all day) the room was still the way we left it. I called reception and asked if our room could be cleaned. They apologised and sent someone up straight away- when the head housekeeping lady and another staff member came she asked when we were going to leave again so they could clean it. We said we were going out to dinner in an hour and they could clean it then. IMAGINE our surprise when we came back and found it STILL NOT CLEAN!!! Very disappointed. so I called down again and asked for someone come up. It's 830 by this point and a man comes to my room as I'm getting my two daughters ready for bed to make our beds, give us fresh coffee and water for tomorrow. He wAs very nice but it was rather unpleasant for me to be showering my children while he was in the room. My husband went to the desk to ask them what they could so for such a terrible inconvenience and they said "nothing, sorry but now someone is sorting it"
It was a very good start- terrible ending to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
Taco v, Owner at The Albus, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear valuable guest,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience that you have exprerienced due to the late housekeeping service!

I really wish that I would have been informed about your complaint by our staff directly so I would have the chance to personally speak with you ubefore your departure the next day. And perhaps I even could have changed your last impression while you were still in the hotel.

Unfortunately it is too late for that now and therefore I have send you an apoligy letter by e-mail, also requesting you some more information about the handling of your complaint. What you describe in your review is absolutely not up to our standards and I would like to make sure this will never happen again to any of our guests!

I hope to get in touch with you by e-mail soon and that I may change your last impression of the Albus to a positive one too!

Deputy Manager

Been to The Albus? Share your experiences!