“Great all round” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“Great all round”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Had a few days at the Albus from the 14th t0 17th April. Reception staff very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Breakfast was varied and fresh with something to suit everybody and breakfast team very efficient. I found the room really comfortable, beds, pillows etc and overall very clean. Well done Albus!

Taco v, Owner at The Albus, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear precious guest,

Thank you for all your nice compliments! I am very happy to read that our team has ensured you a great stay in all areas during your exploration of Amsterdam.

We hope to welcome you again soon for another blissful stay!

Lsa Jurgens
Deputy Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Fantastic location in Amsterdam - walking distance to everything!
The staff is very friendly and will do everything they can to help.
The street is a bit noisy at night, but having said that, the beds and pillows are lovely and I had some great nights of sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street area bit noisy at night.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello precious guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments!

I am glad to read that you have had some great nights of sleep as we consider the beds and bedding as one of the most important things to ensure a blissful stay.

We hope to welcome you again soon for more sweet dreams!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was so excited to write a review when I first entered the Albus. The staff was very friendly and even gave us four free drink vouchers at the bar for the lift being out of service. But then it all started to fall apart . We were there Tuesday- Friday and Tuesday/Wednesday we good but then Thursday comes and they don't clean our rooms while we are out ALL DAY! Much to our disappointment when we get to our room Thursday at 5PM (after being out all day) the room was still the way we left it. I called reception and asked if our room could be cleaned. They apologised and sent someone up straight away- when the head housekeeping lady and another staff member came she asked when we were going to leave again so they could clean it. We said we were going out to dinner in an hour and they could clean it then. IMAGINE our surprise when we came back and found it STILL NOT CLEAN!!! Very disappointed. so I called down again and asked for someone come up. It's 830 by this point and a man comes to my room as I'm getting my two daughters ready for bed to make our beds, give us fresh coffee and water for tomorrow. He wAs very nice but it was rather unpleasant for me to be showering my children while he was in the room. My husband went to the desk to ask them what they could so for such a terrible inconvenience and they said "nothing, sorry but now someone is sorting it"
It was a very good start- terrible ending to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear valuable guest,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience that you have exprerienced due to the late housekeeping service!

I really wish that I would have been informed about your complaint by our staff directly so I would have the chance to personally speak with you ubefore your departure the next day. And perhaps I even could have changed your last impression while you were still in the hotel.

Unfortunately it is too late for that now and therefore I have send you an apoligy letter by e-mail, also requesting you some more information about the handling of your complaint. What you describe in your review is absolutely not up to our standards and I would like to make sure this will never happen again to any of our guests!

I hope to get in touch with you by e-mail soon and that I may change your last impression of the Albus to a positive one too!

Antwerpen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

It is difficult to find a family room in Amsterdam in the week before Easter, at a reasonable price. I found The Arbus, and it was a good find, though a bit expensive.
A recent hotel, in a contemporary modern Dutch design style. We had a nice spacious room with a double bed, and a sofabed for the children (which was a bit on the small side). Complementary source water and NEspresso coffee. Nice fully equipped bathroom (not only a rain shower, but also a hand shower). A pity about the little steps in the dark corridor leading to room 001, and the steps inside the room.
Very friendly staff both at the reception and the breakfast room. Very good breakfast, (also with scrambled eggs).
Ideal location in the centre of Amsterdam, halfway between the Dam and the Rijksmuseum. Public transport (tram) in the street.
Overall a very good hotel, recommended Only minuses the steps in the corridor and the price.

Room Tip: there are some little steps in the corridor leading to room 001 (basement)
Hello precious guest,

Thank you for leaving such a valuable review on Tripadvisor!

It is very helpful for us to read about your experiences as a family, as we offer several family rooms for 2 parents and 2 kids up to 12 yeard old. I am afraid I will not be able to change the size of our sofabeds (which are 120 cm wide) on the short term, but I will certainly consider your comment about the small steps and the low lights in the corridor of room #001.

I also would like to thank you for your compliments and hope to welcome you and your family back in the Albus soon!

Milano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Great experience & kindness from all the employees who welcome everybody offering a cup of coffee or tea. And I also enjoyed the liquorice candies in the hall:-) Warm and cozy room with large bathroom with totally different design style from the room (which created a very nice contrast). Free coffee in the room, large flat tv and soft pillows. Excellent position either to reach the crowded Dam Square as well as the 9 streets district.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hello valuable guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your positive comments about our staff and services on Tripadvisor!

I am glad to read that you appreciate the typical Dutch liquorice to try for all our guests and that you have find your way to the beautiful and charming 9 Streets area.

I am sure that there is much more to discover in our wonderful city and I hope that we can spoil you with some more personal recommendations on your next stay with us!

Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

the ALBUS Hotel lives up to its web page description, good location, friendly staff, will recommend to family, friends and associates. my fond memories of Amsterdam will include the ALBUS. There is fear when you select a hotel based upon its webpage, but there is joy when the web page is accurate and you get it right. I got it right with the ALBUS

Dear precious guest,

How nice to read that you have enjoyed a blissful stay at the Albus and thank you for recommending us to your friends and family!

I am glad that you find our website accurate as we really work hard on this and we do not intent to make any faulse promises. It is always nice to hear that we create the right expectations.

I will share your compliments with our staff and I hope to meet you at the Albus during your next stay!

Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Excellent friendly staff that was helpful in booking trips and providing suggestions on things to see while visiting. My flight arrived in the early morning and my room was already available. Located in a great location for walking to major points of interests. Was a little farther away from Central Station than expected but still within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Taco v, Owner at The Albus, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Hello valuable guest,

I am glad to read that you had a great time in Amsterdam and that we could acommodate you early in the morning on the day of your arrival.

The central train station is a 20 minutes walk away, but only a 5 minues tram ride from the Albus. Our reception sells tickets for the same price as on the tram and we even offer multiple day tickets up to 4 days for special rates.

We hope to welcome you again soon and just call or e-mail us directly if you need any help with transportation!

Deputy Manager

Been to The Albus? Share your experiences!