“Excellent location with great service” 4 of 5 stars

Package Deal
Ranked #64 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent location with great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The location was excellent, with most places of interest within walking distance, and service really good. We got upgraded to a big room downstairs that was really a family room with two double beds, but one double bed had been removed to make room for a sofa and a chair (no table). Our friends stayed in standard double rooms that were quite small, but very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Polish first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here two nights -- one unexpected extra night due to weather related flight cancellation. My first (planned) night, I received the advertised upgrade to a suite. Very modern decor throughout. The hotel desk staff were very warm and helpful. In fact, the desk clerk gave me a tour of the lobby and amenities and then escorted me to the suite. The suite was very spacious and comfortable. I also made a reservation for the hotel restaurant that sounded very interesting, and I would highly recommend as well. (I will try to write a separate restaurant review.)

For my second (unexpected) night, the hotel staff seemed more upset than me that my flight was cancelled and I was stuck for an extra day. They had availability but were so sorry they couldn't give me a suite again. I was just glad they had any room availability. So my second night, I had a room on the top floor in what could only be described as a dormer-like room as it had smaller and circular windows common in this area. The room still was very large and comfortable. Overall, I would recommend The Albus and would definitely stay here again if I return to Amsterdam.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
nettetal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed there for a fair!
City center means that the tram is driving thru your room (you think so) every couple of minute. Party people coming home screaming in the night (OK that's out of control of the Hotel....

Rooms are small but nice decorated.
Coffee machine in the room way nice, but the stains of coffee at the table not.
Walls are thin, possible to hear the neighbours in their rooms....

The Wifi is free of charge (in a small bandwith but OK) the staff friendly and supportive.

Average, just average.... (unfortunately)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Milan, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayer Herve during the ISE Expo
The hotel si new clan and very modern
Reception was nel fil Writer anything we needed and more quite fast in answering any requests
The online negative point was that I was gioven a ground floor room right next to the service room so the noise began at 5.30 in the morning
The other negative point was the shower basically no division be' tweed shower and loo all on the One space not nice !

But i do know that My colleagues had baths and nicer showers.
In a whole it was fine for an Expo hotel

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We got the trip advisor upgrade to a suite for 2 of the 3 nights, which was a lovely spacious room. However even the regular room was really nice too. Friendly staff and the room service comes from a restaurant that serves in the slow food style - everything looked really good. Would def. try to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

When I book a hotel, I really try to get one that ticks the following boxes; modern, good location and reasonably priced. Finding one hotel that ticks all three of these boxes in a city like Amsterdam is no mean feat where the buildings have an enchantingly old world charm but, often lack the modern touches that I personally like.

The Albus was precisely the hotel I was looking for. Located just behind Rembrandt Square (close enough to visit but, no obtrusive loud noise at night) and with the famed floating flower market almost directly across from it, The Albus has the "good location" requisite covered. It's worth noting that we also managed to walk everywhere from here; the Kalverstraat shopping area, Dam Square, the Red Light District, the Diamond District, the Museum District, the Anne Frank Museum.

The hotel itself is packed full with mod-cons and is really chicly decorated. The King sized bed was a lovely treat, as was the Nespresso machine in the room. My only gripe at the time was that there was no free Wi-Fi which I now see has been implemented for all rooms and public areas in the hotel.

While The Albus wasn't cheap, it was more than worth the money we paid for it. It made a brilliant trip absolutely wonderful and we will not hesitate in rebooking when we next visit Amsterdam.

Room Tip: To my knowledge, all rooms are sound-proofed. We had a room overlooking the street but, could have b...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've stayed at the Albus on two visits to Amsterdam in the past 6 months -- four nights in August 2012 and a week in January 2013. Both visits were perfect. The location is ideal and the hotel is wonderful. The rooms are quite nice and modern, with more space than might be expected for a hotel in the area. And the staff are wonderful. They checked us in promptly and early, they made up our room quickly and nicely every morning (or when we slept in, in the afternoon), they ordered pizza delivery for us when were hungry at 3 am, they arranged a car service for us early in the morning. Every request was handled politely and perfectly. I have nothing bad to say about this place - I will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Albus? Share your experiences!