“Ok 3 star hotel.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Citadel

You added Hotel Citadel to your Saves list
Hotel Citadel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nieuwezijds Voorbrugwal 100, 1012 SG Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Centrum)   |
Ranked #161 of 355 Hotels in Amsterdam
Stockholm
“Ok 3 star hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Hotel Citadel is an normal 3 star hotel. You get what you pay for. Small room, small bath room, cleaning could be better. There was an receipt from an pizza deliver company under my bed and I haden´t orderd any pizza.

The breakfast was average, only toasts and yogurt. The personal working in reception were gentile and service minded. I only had some problem on check in because they could´nt give me one bill of the total amount of the cost of my stay, but they had to bill me twice. But the total amount was the same so it was fine.

The location of the hotel is great. Close to the central station and walking distance to all attractions.

Amsterdam as a city is very beautiful. Try to visit other parts of the city then the Dam.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Gateshead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

For a hotel located on a busy city street the room we had was comfortable and quiet and clean as a whistle a little small but I'm not complaining. Staff were friendly helpful and efficient and the breakfast was continental buffet style and very good. The location is very good within easy walking distance of all of the city centre about 200 metres off Dam square. For a short city break it was just what you need and good value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Loughton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

A nice hotel very central for the station and Dam Square ... Staff were very friendly and the hotel was lovely and clean.. Rooms were not huge but perfectly ok.. beds very comfortable and lovely hot shower.. breakfast was good and there was a cosy hotel bar for a nightcap at the end of a long tiring day.. would definitely stay again and can thoroughly recommend this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed here twice. The first time was New Year's Eve three years ago after excursions to Edinburgh and London. I arrived in Amsterdam late in the afternoon and walked here from Centraal Station. I checked in and was given a small, but efficient room in the front of the building. I went out and did the things I always do if I have a short time in Amsterdam: Van Gogh Museum, shopping and dinner. I wanted to go to the movies, but on New Year's Eve the cinemas are closed. I went back to my room and was asleep before 11pm, as I had an early flight the next morning. Amsterdam is crazy on New Year's Eve, but I didn't hear a thing. I woke refreshed, had a pleasant breakfast and walked back to Centraal Station.

This time, I stayed three nights and wish I'd stayed all five. My visit was separated by a week in Paris. This is a much nicer hotel than the one I stayed in the last two nights. I will be returning here. The only negative: the batteries in the remote control for the TV need to be replaced. I really enjoyed this hotel and will stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just got back from staying at this hotel. Very clean room however a bit noisy as we had a front room . The staff were all very pleasant, the breakfast was good. Would stay here again if we visit Amsterdam again.

Room Tip: Would suggest a room at the rear of the hotel as it would be much quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Millis, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at the Citadel in Amsterdam for two nights in May 2013 and we would go back again. The room was not fancy but very adequate with two comfortable beds and nice big windows, which made it feel spacious. The location was great, in a nice area, and the lady at the front desk was wonderful to us. The price of the room was reasonable with breakfast included. Breakfast was pleasant and we even enjoyed a glass of wine in the lounge on one occasion and another time we had tea there in the afternoon. We were pleasantly surprised to find that there was no charge for the wine or the tea. Also the airlines had lost my luggage and the lady at the front desk watched out for it to be delivered and then brought it up to our room after nine at night. It was a pleasant stay for us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family