“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Casa 400

You added Hotel Casa 400 to your Saves list
Hotel Casa 400
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Eerste Ringdijkstraat 4, 1097BC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #55 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Nelson, New Zealand
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Very comfortable hotel, excellent services, clean, very good breakfast.

Location is convenient for business, but not very near to downtown, unless you like to walk (about 3.5 km).

Amstel Station is very short walk away, public transport available there.

Surroundings are average.

Bikes are available for a fee.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Near Windsor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is the fourth time we have stayed; the conference was at the hotel so it was convenient. All the small shops you need in the station; interesting and very busy restaurant on the walk to the hotel as well as a reasonable restaurant in the hotel. The bar does not open on Sunday evening. Transport into Amsterdam is excellent on Metro and mainline trains, and only one change when coming from / going to Schiphol. Beds are comfortable, and even the shower rooms are a lovely experience. There is a kebab shop opened up recently, and we even found a Lidl within about 10 minutes walk

Dusseldorf, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Very quick and efficient check-in and check-out. Clean room with comfortable bed, immaculate bathroom, commodious wardrobe, spacious desk at the window e.g. for depositing luggage. The breakfast buffet is comprehensive with various sorts of bread, boiled and scrambled eggs, sausages, assorted cheeses, cold cuts, various cereals, coffee and a selection of teas and fresh juices. The bar at the first floor with a large selection of beverages is recommendable as well. The only drawback is the very long waiting time for both ordering and meals served in the restaurant during daytime hours. If this could be improved then Casa 400 is a very good middle class hotel with fair pricing regarding Amsterdam. I very much enjoyed my stay there during the RadioDay. The excellent business facilities of the Casa 400 were definately part of the great success of this event.

hvugts, Manager at Hotel Casa 400, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comprehensive and valuable feedback! We highly appreciate this.
In your feedback you pointed out that the only drawback during your stay is the longer waiting times in the restaurant. That day, we dealt with unexpected busyness, nevertheless this should not be an argument. I apologize or this inconvenience and we discussed this internally to learn from this issue.

We are pleased to hear that you experienced the food and beverage facilities as good. Furthermore we are happy to hear that you experienced also the business facilities as excellent!
Hopefully we can welcome you again in the near future in Hotel Casa 400!

Kind regards,

Luuk Verzijl
Manager on duty
Lenham UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The Cassa 400 is a fairly good middle of the road Hotel but there is very little else in the area. One mediocre restaurant and a couple of shops in the railway station. Not good for people that like choice in where they eat.
The staff all appeared to be helpful but I am not sure how sincere they were. As an example, I had left my UK power adapter at home and asked the reception where I could buy one. I was immediately told that they had one that I could use. They had a selection which I assume had been left behind by other guests and we found one that worked on the second attempt. I was very pleased with this until I paid my bill and found I had been charged 10 Euro to borrow this adaptor which I could have purchased for considerably less.
You may think this is of little consequence but in these days when all Hotels are all much the same it is these little things that make the difference between a Hotel that wants to build a reputation on it's service to customers and one that only gives you a smile when they are taking your money.
I would use this Hotel again but only if I could not find an alternative.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The Casa 400 is a pleasant glass-box type of hotel. Staff are very friendly and the rooms clean and comfortable (although the absence of a box of tissues was a bit baffling). My stay was mostly fine, but my arrival was not. Reaching the hotel at around 9pm after a long journey from Glasgow, Scotland, I was tired and hungry and just wanted a quick meal before collapsing into bed. I went straight to the restaurant and ordered a chicken dish. 45 minutes later I was still waiting. A waitress came to tell me that it would be "another five minutes" but shortly afterwards the head waiter told me there had been "an accident" in the kitchen and that my meal had been ruined. A new meal was on the way, but it would take another eleven minutes. Eventually - at 10.10, by now after the restauranmt had officially closed - I got a barely-cooked plate of chicken and no apology. I would have expected a gesture of some sort - a drink, a reduction in the bill, an offer of a complimentary sweet or coffee at least. But nothing. And it was over-rpiced for what it was - no rice, potatoes, chips or anything like that was included. My advice - stay in the hotel but avoid dinner!!!

hvugts, Manager at Hotel Casa 400, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear guest,

First of all I thank you for staying at Hotel Casa 400 and your valuable feedback. This feedback will help us to optimize our current services.

I can imagine that you experienced the longer waiting times as less positive, as you already had a long journey. We always try to offer quick and professional service to our guests, however this was not the case in your situation. I apologize for this inconvenience. Indeed, that particular day, we dealt with unexpected busyness. We do highly regret this case and our lack of proactivity.
I am delighted to hear that you experienced the friendliness of our staff.
Hopefully we can welcome you in the near future, to show our improvements and our professional service!

Kind regards,

Luuk Verzijl
Manager on Duty
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Simplicity is the theme of Casa 400. They do the essentials really well. Excellent events area with a flexible layout that can accommodate displays, presentations, conferences and exhibitions, with informal catering.
Quiet, uncluttered and comfortable rooms, with lots of space to study or work. Smart and immaculately clean bathroom.
Fast Internet with no silly log-ins or passwords.
The Staff are always cheerful and helpful, AND they are experts on solving problems.

Easy access via road or Amstel station. And for fitness, what better way to wake up than by running along the Amstel canal to the Magere Brug...

I love this place!

Room Tip: The rooms facing into the atrium are probably the quietest of all. Usual advice: avoid next to elev...
Thame, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Booked to attend an event taking place at the hotel. Rooms are nice and very clean but there was no heat at all in the room we were allocated. Supposed to be under floor heating but nothing worked so we were given a heater. There are no local restaurants that we could find near by so you only have a choice of the A la carte in the Hotel with limited choice They should dump the A la carte and just serve a normal restaurant food menu. Buffet breakfast is very good. Staff are first class and very friendly and helpful. Free Wi-Fi all over the Hotel which is great. Its five stops from Amsterdam Centraal Station on the Metro line which takes about 10 minutes so still ideal if you want to go to the city centre. Local area not very exciting and you need eyes in the back of your head when you go to walk to Amstel Metro station as there are bike riders everywhere. Unlike some of the city centre hotels this is very modern and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Its a quiet area so there is no noise at all at night. Any room would be fine.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Casa 400? Share your experiences!