“Pity about the dinner....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Casa 400

Save Saved
You added Hotel Casa 400 to your Saves list
Hotel Casa 400
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Eerste Ringdijkstraat 4, 1097BC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #54 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Pity about the dinner....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The Casa 400 is a pleasant glass-box type of hotel. Staff are very friendly and the rooms clean and comfortable (although the absence of a box of tissues was a bit baffling). My stay was mostly fine, but my arrival was not. Reaching the hotel at around 9pm after a long journey from Glasgow, Scotland, I was tired and hungry and just wanted a quick meal before collapsing into bed. I went straight to the restaurant and ordered a chicken dish. 45 minutes later I was still waiting. A waitress came to tell me that it would be "another five minutes" but shortly afterwards the head waiter told me there had been "an accident" in the kitchen and that my meal had been ruined. A new meal was on the way, but it would take another eleven minutes. Eventually - at 10.10, by now after the restauranmt had officially closed - I got a barely-cooked plate of chicken and no apology. I would have expected a gesture of some sort - a drink, a reduction in the bill, an offer of a complimentary sweet or coffee at least. But nothing. And it was over-rpiced for what it was - no rice, potatoes, chips or anything like that was included. My advice - stay in the hotel but avoid dinner!!!

hvugts, Manager at Hotel Casa 400, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear guest,

First of all I thank you for staying at Hotel Casa 400 and your valuable feedback. This feedback will help us to optimize our current services.

I can imagine that you experienced the longer waiting times as less positive, as you already had a long journey. We always try to offer quick and professional service to our guests, however this was not the case in your situation. I apologize for this inconvenience. Indeed, that particular day, we dealt with unexpected busyness. We do highly regret this case and our lack of proactivity.
I am delighted to hear that you experienced the friendliness of our staff.
Hopefully we can welcome you in the near future, to show our improvements and our professional service!

Kind regards,

Luuk Verzijl
Manager on Duty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Simplicity is the theme of Casa 400. They do the essentials really well. Excellent events area with a flexible layout that can accommodate displays, presentations, conferences and exhibitions, with informal catering.
Quiet, uncluttered and comfortable rooms, with lots of space to study or work. Smart and immaculately clean bathroom.
Fast Internet with no silly log-ins or passwords.
The Staff are always cheerful and helpful, AND they are experts on solving problems.

Easy access via road or Amstel station. And for fitness, what better way to wake up than by running along the Amstel canal to the Magere Brug...

I love this place!

Room Tip: The rooms facing into the atrium are probably the quietest of all. Usual advice: avoid next to elev...
Thame, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Booked to attend an event taking place at the hotel. Rooms are nice and very clean but there was no heat at all in the room we were allocated. Supposed to be under floor heating but nothing worked so we were given a heater. There are no local restaurants that we could find near by so you only have a choice of the A la carte in the Hotel with limited choice They should dump the A la carte and just serve a normal restaurant food menu. Buffet breakfast is very good. Staff are first class and very friendly and helpful. Free Wi-Fi all over the Hotel which is great. Its five stops from Amsterdam Centraal Station on the Metro line which takes about 10 minutes so still ideal if you want to go to the city centre. Local area not very exciting and you need eyes in the back of your head when you go to walk to Amstel Metro station as there are bike riders everywhere. Unlike some of the city centre hotels this is very modern and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Its a quiet area so there is no noise at all at night. Any room would be fine.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The A la cart menu was good but wish they had a more basic food menu for those of us that didn't always want A la Cart food , The staff were always very helpful and friendly , It was easy to get to Amsterdam central by a short train journey , The rooms were always very clean and had a very pleasant stay for the Radio Day event and had a great breakfast every morning .
I would recommend this hotel to anyone .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My initial experience at checkin was positive, although slow. I had a complicated dual-reservation issue, and the hotel staff eventually managed to figure out how to combine the reservations. Everything went smoothly for the first five days of my stay. The room was comfortable, and the breakfast was delicious.

Starting the last few days of my stay, however, I was informed that I had to change rooms due to some sort of bug problem. No details were provided, and when I went to gather my belongings from a room that was supposedly "cleaned" somehow, it was clear nothing had been touched. Very mysterious. I was also required to surrender the suit I was wearing for cleaning. This made me nervous, and rightfully so. The next day the suit was returned, but packed into a plastic shopping bag and completely unwearable. The hotel staff apologized profusely and corrected the situation, but it left me without my suit for 48 hours. If I hadn't packed a backup suit, it would have been a serious problem.

The people were unfailingly polite and helpful, but the execution left something to be desired. I'd return to the hotel, but be extremely clear about my requirements before I arrived.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
hvugts, General Manager at Hotel Casa 400, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Mr Knight,

Thank you for sharing your review. We are happy to hear the room felt comfortable to you and the fact you reviewed the breakfast as delicious!

You were moved to another room for precaution matters. I’m sorry for this inconvenience and we didn’t meant to make you feel uncomfortable during your stay.

Gladly you’ve mentioned that you will return to Hotel Casa 400 in future. We will be happy to welcome you again! Don’t hesitate to contact me directly if you feel the need.

Kind regards,

Hans Vugts
Milano, Lombardia, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Comfortable hotel, large and cleaned bedrooms, perfect breakfast, WiFi wherever, optimal price. I do not have nothing to add in order to complete the 200 demanded characters! I can only recommend this hotel to everybody!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

It was a great hotel , nice welcome , fine room and very cozy and soft cheers.
Also located very good in the centrum from amsterdam.
I didn't went to the hotel restaurant but it looked fine and the prizes also were reasonable.
The hotel is great for average students , young couples and groups off friends.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Casa 400? Share your experiences!