“Fine working environment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Casa 400

Save Saved
You added Hotel Casa 400 to your Saves list
Hotel Casa 400
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Eerste Ringdijkstraat 4, 1097BC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #54 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fine working environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

20 of us spent 11 nights at casa and it was an excellent choice for our work. The staff are incredibly caring, professional and attentive. My room was spacious and well laid out. Public transportation nearby and plenty of space for our group to meet relax and do small team project work. While not the center city experience, getting from casa to anywhere in the city is very easy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HotelCasa400, Manager at Hotel Casa 400, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Hello Phil,

Wow, you are the 1000th guest to write a review about Hotel Casa 400 on Tripadvisor.
Thank you very much! We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review and help us in improving our service.

Hopefully, we can welcome you again in the future.

Kind wishes,

Hotel Casa 400

1,060 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Whenever I book a room at a hotel, I'm usually not picky. I look for the following things: not to catch some horrible diseases while sleeping there (so it has to be clean), not to sell my soul for a room there (so it has to be affordable) and not to wish I had a teleportation device (so it has to be close to public transport). Not only did Hotel Casa 400 meet my minimum requirements, but it convinced me to book a room here again, the next time I visit Amsterdam. First of all, the hotel isn't in the center so if that's something you're interested in, then this isn't for you. If you want a hotel in a nice quiet area that's easily accesible from the center by bus or tram (15 minutes - mind you: the subway was closed for maintenance), then keep reading. The room is spacious, the double bed is large and very comfortable and the bathroom has everything you need. There was a kettle which was perfect for me as I can't function in the morning without a green tea. We didn't get breakfast because we thought it was a bit too expensive, but there is a small fridge and we got food from Albert Heijn supermarkets to have something to eat in the morning and in the evening when we came back. We didn't use the tv much, except for watching Seinfeld while having breakfast or waiting for the others to get ready. But it did have free wifi that worked perfectly. The staff is helpful and you can rent bikes if you want to discover Amsterdam that way. Although it's not close to the center, it's close to Amsterdam Arena and Ziggo Dome, so if you're in town for a concert, this is a good place to stay at.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

we did not know what to expect, but the hotel is very nice, very friendly staff and worth the money. although not in the centre, very easy to reach with bikes from the hotel. and a good parking place underground.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

The hotel is well maintained. The young staff at the reception are efficient & helpful. They can supply you with a hot water kettle / umbrella for a deposit of 10 euro. The hotel also rents out bikes & one can cycle to the Central area where most tourist attractions are located.
Alternately, there is a tram, metro, bus stop just 5 mins away. It would be extremely convenient if you are leaving or arriving on the Euroline bus which stops at the Amstel station.
On the down side, the surroundings are drab buildings & not the quaint, pretty Amsterdam you would love to remember.
But if the price is right, stay here & use the efficient public transport.
We didn't try the buffet breakfast, they thoughtfully have a breakfast counter near the reception where u can get a coffee & croissant to go.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The hotel was fine.Easy to be reached by public transport.Close to Amstel Station (to centre and to Airport). Tram 12 goes direclty to museums quarter (15-20min). As I walk most of the time, too far from the centre. Staff very friendly and helpful. TV and heating didn't work on the first day, they fixed it immediately. Were in room 411, quiet and hard mattress. Mini bar but nothing in it. Don't know wheter that is always the case. Didn't ask. Breakfast buffet was nice. My favourite the reamer for freshly squeezed orange juice. Even though you have to do it yourself. The hotel was nice, but I wouldn't stay there because of the location. Apart from that, B&B are to be recommended in Amsterdam.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Money grabbing !!

Booked a room with them and then phoned (within about 30 seconds) to cancel it. They said that would be ok and told me not to worry about it...

We booked into another hotel for our Amsterdam stay.

When we arrive in Amsterdam, I notice that £550 (roughly) has been frozen on my card. So, I ring the hotel & they tell me that because I didn't cancel my booking I was liable for the full amount. I told them that I'd cancelled with them directly, and they replied by stating that there must have been an error in communication and that they'd take one nights booking fee and not claim the rest from my credit card.

I was ok with this - hesitantly.

However - they took the full £550 from my card !! They are refusing to refund one penny of my money !!

I told them (via booking.com) that I now had very little money in Amsterdam and that if I didn't get the refund, my self and my wife would probably have to walk back to the airport...which we did !!

This hotel left us is a dangerous situation, in a foreign country AND COULDN'T CARE LESS !! They lied to me TWICE in the phone.

(Don't even get me started on booking.com - they too said that we were lying)

Do NOT stay at this hotel...EVER !!

They are utterly awful, disgusting people.

I fail to see the justification in keeping all of our money !!!!

Not happy - disgusted in fact. Please don't stay here !

Stayed December 2013
hvugts, Manager at Hotel Casa 400, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your booking at the hotel.

I can understand you like to express your opinion, as you have the feeling to be charged the non refundable rate non legitimate, for which I feel sorry. I would need to investigate this issue internally as well with the booking office online.

Please allow me some time, to take your complaint seriously and to understand what happened.
Once again, I do apologize for the fact you have a bad taste of this experience with our hotel and your trip in Amsterdam.

We will contact you as soon as possible for the follow up

Kind regards,

Bernadine Egbring
Rooms Division Manager
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Casa 400 fits perfectly the needs for business travalers and city-trippers.
The price is acceptable and the customer receives all the comfort. There is no paying for excessive luxury. Rooms are clean and foreseen of modern decoration and equipment.

City-trippers find a good service for discovering Amsterdam at the welcome desk.

There is a Q-parking, free WiFi and restaurant with healthy food. Which makes the hotel an excellent place to stay for a business trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Casa 400? Share your experiences!