“a positive experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Casa 400

You added Hotel Casa 400 to your Saves list
Hotel Casa 400
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Eerste Ringdijkstraat 4, 1097BC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #60 of 355 Hotels in Amsterdam
Antwerp, Belgium
“a positive experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

we did not know what to expect, but the hotel is very nice, very friendly staff and worth the money. although not in the centre, very easy to reach with bikes from the hotel. and a good parking place underground.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

The hotel is well maintained. The young staff at the reception are efficient & helpful. They can supply you with a hot water kettle / umbrella for a deposit of 10 euro. The hotel also rents out bikes & one can cycle to the Central area where most tourist attractions are located.
Alternately, there is a tram, metro, bus stop just 5 mins away. It would be extremely convenient if you are leaving or arriving on the Euroline bus which stops at the Amstel station.
On the down side, the surroundings are drab buildings & not the quaint, pretty Amsterdam you would love to remember.
But if the price is right, stay here & use the efficient public transport.
We didn't try the buffet breakfast, they thoughtfully have a breakfast counter near the reception where u can get a coffee & croissant to go.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The hotel was fine.Easy to be reached by public transport.Close to Amstel Station (to centre and to Airport). Tram 12 goes direclty to museums quarter (15-20min). As I walk most of the time, too far from the centre. Staff very friendly and helpful. TV and heating didn't work on the first day, they fixed it immediately. Were in room 411, quiet and hard mattress. Mini bar but nothing in it. Don't know wheter that is always the case. Didn't ask. Breakfast buffet was nice. My favourite the reamer for freshly squeezed orange juice. Even though you have to do it yourself. The hotel was nice, but I wouldn't stay there because of the location. Apart from that, B&B are to be recommended in Amsterdam.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Money grabbing !!

Booked a room with them and then phoned (within about 30 seconds) to cancel it. They said that would be ok and told me not to worry about it...

We booked into another hotel for our Amsterdam stay.

When we arrive in Amsterdam, I notice that £550 (roughly) has been frozen on my card. So, I ring the hotel & they tell me that because I didn't cancel my booking I was liable for the full amount. I told them that I'd cancelled with them directly, and they replied by stating that there must have been an error in communication and that they'd take one nights booking fee and not claim the rest from my credit card.

I was ok with this - hesitantly.

However - they took the full £550 from my card !! They are refusing to refund one penny of my money !!

I told them (via booking.com) that I now had very little money in Amsterdam and that if I didn't get the refund, my self and my wife would probably have to walk back to the airport...which we did !!

This hotel left us is a dangerous situation, in a foreign country AND COULDN'T CARE LESS !! They lied to me TWICE in the phone.

(Don't even get me started on booking.com - they too said that we were lying)

Do NOT stay at this hotel...EVER !!

They are utterly awful, disgusting people.

I fail to see the justification in keeping all of our money !!!!

Not happy - disgusted in fact. Please don't stay here !

Stayed December 2013
hvugts, Manager at Hotel Casa 400, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your booking at the hotel.

I can understand you like to express your opinion, as you have the feeling to be charged the non refundable rate non legitimate, for which I feel sorry. I would need to investigate this issue internally as well with the booking office online.

Please allow me some time, to take your complaint seriously and to understand what happened.
Once again, I do apologize for the fact you have a bad taste of this experience with our hotel and your trip in Amsterdam.

We will contact you as soon as possible for the follow up

Kind regards,

Bernadine Egbring
Rooms Division Manager
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Casa 400 fits perfectly the needs for business travalers and city-trippers.
The price is acceptable and the customer receives all the comfort. There is no paying for excessive luxury. Rooms are clean and foreseen of modern decoration and equipment.

City-trippers find a good service for discovering Amsterdam at the welcome desk.

There is a Q-parking, free WiFi and restaurant with healthy food. Which makes the hotel an excellent place to stay for a business trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Verona, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Courteous and helpful staff, spacious room, extremely clean. Wonderful breakfast with the many things to choose from. The hotel is situated near Amstel train station and therefore it's so easy to get into the city centre and back. Easy access to the airport from the station which is also a big plus! I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Give it a try, you won't regret staying there!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Hotel Casa 400 is a perfect hotel if you are traveling for business. Large meeting rooms, friendly staff, coffee and tea machines available. It is also located near RAI exhibition center (around 20 min walking distance). The rooms are nice, with a large desk where you can easily work, and the beds are very comfortable. There is also free wifi available.
Furthemore, Hotel Casa 400 is not a bad choice even if you are traveling for tourism. Near the hotel, there are not a lot of things to do but the hotel is located near Amstel station (5 min walking distance), and you can reach city center quickly. You can even rent a bicycle from the hotel and bike your way to the main sites. Being away from the center, the hotel is also pretty quiet.
Concerning food, the breakfast was above average, the pub guy was very helpful and the restaurant served some tasty dishes (although we had some issues with the service and food delays).
Overall, we will definitely go back to Hotel Casa 400 some day in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
hvugts, Manager at Hotel Casa 400, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Casa 400.

First of all I thank you for taking the time and effort to provide us feedback!

We are delighted to hear that you experienced your stay as good and that you like the facilities within Hotel Casa 400. Furthermore we are glad to hear that you liked our staff and that you experienced the breakfast facilities as above average.

You pointed out in your feedback that you encountered some issues regarding the service and food delays. Could you please send us an email and provide us some additional information. This could help us improving our procedures in the near future. I am looking forward for your reaction.

I want to ensure you that every feedback is taken seriously and into consideration.

Kind regards,