“A well run hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Casa 400

Save Saved
You added Hotel Casa 400 to your Saves list
Hotel Casa 400
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Eerste Ringdijkstraat 4, 1097BC Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #54 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
UK
“A well run hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stayed at the Casa400 last week (8-10 Feb) as part of a group business booking.
The hotel is clean, modern and comfortable. My room was warm despite the freezing temperatures outside.
The hotel is well located for Amstel station (though not that easy to find).
We ate in the restaurant as a large group and the food is of a good standard. The bar during busy times seems understaffed but the hotel staff work hard and provide an efficient service.
I had a good stay and I would return.

1,152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Arnhem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

A nice hotel, not in Amsterdam centre but certainly not far from it and very close to all sorts of public transport. The rooms are not too big, but comfortable (I had a one-person room).
Best of all is the price. For Amsterdam standards this is cheap.
Internet is free (cable or wireless).
One minor point which may not be relevant for others: while I was there the outside temperature was about -10Celsius. The heating couldn't keep up with that, so the room was comfortable to sleep in (about 15 or 16?). I can imagine you'd not want to sit and watch tv in that. It was good enough for me, and most of the year it probably won't matter.

South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

A slick, modern, minimalistic, but very pleasant hotel. Down to earth / friendly staff providing efficient service.. Location is close to the Amstel Station which takes you to down town in around 5 minutes.

Price / value very well balanced, so worth your while!

Room Tip: PS: Try out their conference centre facilities. Very spacious and a lot of natural lighting..
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Cassa400 for a five day break in Feb 2012 and can't say enough good things about the place. The staff are cheerful, helpful, all speak good english and are happy to help in any way. we have stayed all over the world and have yet to find a better hotel. The rooms are large, well lit and even provide a safe in your room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
As for the comments by 'serious traveller 01', I don't know what hotel he stayed in but it sure as hell wasn't The Cassa 400 in Amsterdam, because there is plenty of room for cases (we had 4 large cases, two smaller cases, and a couple of holdalls). as for the bath room the shower is good the mirror is positioned above the sink (where does he want the mirror to be, on the ceiling?!).

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I’ve visited Amsterdam about 20 times. Given the TripAdvisor reviews I had high expectations but was disappointed. The room and bathroom were basic, very little space on the floor in the bedroom for a suitcase; the bathroom had lighting and a mirror but neither was well positioned for shaving. The shower lacked water pressure to the extent that only 30% of my body could get under the water at one time – I’m an average size. Around the plastic hand basin were two cigarette butt burn marks (room 625); I appreciate they are not the fault of the hotel but they need to be sanded and polished out; there were no tissues. Trams run near the hotel for much of the night; whilst the hotel appears new and has double glazing the soundproofing (perhaps in the walls) is insufficient such that you can hear the rumble as trams pass by. A new multi storey building is being built next door and the hotel has thoughtfully put foam ear plugs in the bedrooms to minimise that disturbance – I’d asked for a quiet room but needed the earplugs to shut out the noise of the trams – when one earplug came out during the night I woke up and had to put it back in before I could sleep again.

I booked via hotels.com and paid UK£110.96 however on arrival I was advised by the hotel that a local Amsterdam tourist tax was not included – after they had checked internally I was forced to pay this additional tax. I took exception to this additional charge of 4.60 euros as my receipt listed “Taxes and Fees” and quoted a “Total Price”. In my view it is not acceptable to quote a total price, bank the money and then for the customer to be hit with an additional unexpected charge that was not previously mentioned. The front desk personnel were polite and helpful but lacked the authority to correct this basic problem.

The staff in the restaurant plentiful but spent their time talking amongst themselves instead of providing a good service. The food in the restaurant was OK but not cheap – a one course club sandwich lunch with soft drinks and coffee came to 18 euros each.

The free Wi-Fi worked well and the bed was comfortable but at UK£115 for one night, room only, in early February in a suburb of Amsterdam did not to me represent good value for money; 85 euros / £70 would in my view have been more appropriate

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
HotelCasa400, Manager at Hotel Casa 400, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Dear frequent traveler,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback on trip advisor. Hotel Casa 400 strives for all guests to be satisfied during their stay in our hotel. I am happy to hear your were satisfied with the comfort of the beds, helpfulness of our reception staff, connection of WiFi and quality of food in the restaurant. However, unfortunately by reading through your review you have not been totally satisfied. For sure, I understand how disappointing it can be when your expectations are not met, considering the noise from trams passing by, the price/quality of location of the hotel, the attentiveness in service at lunch time by our staff, the (bath)room amenities and the water pressure in the shower. Your feedback can help us to eventually improve our services. Therefore, we appreciate the fact that you took your time and shared your experience with us.
Although, It is unclear to us what is meant with the noise of trams, the Amstel station is close by, but no trams are running next to the hotel. Despite that, I can understand the inconvenience of being disturbed in your night rest, especially since you requested a quiet room. I am eager to find out where the noise came from, since we do provide earplugs in the room for any construction noise, just in case it appears to be pro-active on this matter.
Furthermore I see your frustration in not being aware to still need to pay for the city tax, upon your arrival. The city tax is approximately 5% of the accommodation (only) fee, which is charged by the local municipality and always needs to be paid in the hotel itself. The booking agent is required to provide the correct information regarding this fee in the booking conditions. We will have a thorough look at it and address this to your booking site, to prevent this from happening again. I am also sorry to hear that your experience with the lunch was not according to our service standards. Our quality products are priced as average in accordance with the standards of the Amsterdam Hotel counsel, still we will follow up internally concerning the attentiveness of our staff.

Once again, thank you for the constructive feedback, I am eager to follow up on these issues. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, and do not hesitate to contact me to follow up on this issue through info@casa400.nl. As team of Hotel Casa 400, we have a strong desire to address your needs as our guest and we would like to welcome you at our hotel again.

Kind regards,
Bernadine Egbring
Rooms Division Manager hotel Casa 400
Lincoln
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Stayed here while working just outside Amsterdam and found my stay very comfortable. Great sized rooms, really well cleaned and maintained and very modern. The staff were always friendly and willing to help with anything needed during my stay. Food was very good and cheap which for Amsterdam I found to be quite surprising. Yes a little away from the main city/town, however the price makes up fot this. Not sure its a family type hotel, but more business type, however great hotel and just my opinon. Give it a go, doubt you'll be dissapointed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver,BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012 via mobile

Our little family stayed here before Christmas in 2011 for three nights. The first thing that stands out with the hotel is the excellent staff - amazingly efficient, friendly, and genuinely cheerful.

Our daughter is 7 years old and we were looking for a location a little away from the bustle of downtown Amsterdam. The hotel is located close to Amstel station - a 10 minute ride from the Central Train Station. We took the train from Schipol airport to Central station.

There are excellent train, bus, and metro connections at Amstel station. It is roughly 10 minute walk from Amstel station to the hotel.

There aren't any grocery stores next to the hotel, we bought supplies at the little market at Amstel station.

The hotel's breakfast was good - a little pricey at 15 euros per person.

I highly recommend the hotel and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

• Stayed December 2011
HotelCasa400, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Casa 400, responded to this review, January 29, 2012
Dear Mr & Mrs,

Thank you for sparing a moment to share your experiences on Tripadvisor. We are very grateful for guest sharing their experiences and comments on this website. We hope to meet again in future.

Kind regards,
Eline Gerdes

Been to Hotel Casa 400? Share your experiences!