My wife and I stayed 5 nights at the Casa 400. On arrival, it was raining, and we didn't know what to think about the hotel location. It seemed to be somewhat isolated. However, as we began to explore the surroundings we were pleased with our choice. The Amstel Canal and Station were both within about a 5 minute walk and there was a large supermarket a comfortable 15 min walk away. There was only one restaurant in the immediate vicinity but others could be reached on foot in 10 -15 minutes. There was also a restaurant in the hotel which looked quite nice but we didn't eat there.
We regularly walked into the city and back along the canal which was very scenic and took about 50 minutes each way. From Amstel to central station was a 7 minute ride.
The hotel also had bicycles for hire for $EU13 daily.
As for the hotel itself:
- As stated we liked the location being outside the main city area but still easily accessible via train or casual walk along the Amstel Canal
- Very professional, friendly and informative reception staff
- Hotel is near new and the room was quite spacious and well appointed
- Lovely bathroom and great hot shower
- FREE WIFI in room
- Mini bar, safe and plenty of wardrobe space
- Comfy beds and good block out curtains
- the hotel was just off the map provided by the hotel. It would have been nice to have had a map showing hotel location as well as the location of supermarkets and Restaurants in the vicinity