While the hotel is only a few minutes walk from the reasonably frequent trams, it was a little too far out from the city centre for our liking.
It is in a nice location, with shops, restaurants and bars situated within 500 metres. The twin room was a little bit small for two, though adequate for one. Thank goodness for the (small) lift as the stairs were steep. The breakfasts (€16.50 a head) were typical Dutch fare, and after the first day we chose to go to a cafe round the corner instead, where we got a better breakfast for much less.
If I had been staying here for business I would have been annoyed by:-
1) The lack of powerpoints for laptops etc. at the rather small desk.
2) Wi-fi was free for basic internet connectivity, but not free if you wanted to use it for large files/videos
3) The safe is not big enough for a 13" screen laptop.
Overall we had a perfectly comfortable stay, but would perhaps try somewhere a little closer to the City Centre next time.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Apollofirst reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apollofirst - Hampshire Classic Hotel Amsterdam
- Apollofirst Hotel Amsterdam