“Wouldn't stay again” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Omega Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Omega Hotel Amsterdam
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jacob Obrechtstraat 33, Museum Quarter, 1071 KG Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #279 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Wouldn't stay again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Just returned from a two night break at this place. What can I say. On arrival we were informed that the lift was broken and we were on the fourth floor. Now these steps were half the size of my foot, very steep and one of the banisters was loose. I asked when the lift would be fixed as my friend suffers from bad back and I was told Monday when we would be leaving. I was offered no alternative. There was little light on these hazardous stairs and my friend fell whilst trying to carry her case. Thank god they hadn't bothered to lift six bags of laundry from the Hall All weekend as these saved my friend from killing herself when she fell. Our room was hot and dirty. The towels were worn and our pillows were like squashed sandwiches. Extra pillows supposedly provided, supposedly. The fridge door was hanging off in our room and our door wouldn't lock, possibly to do with the nail hammered into the handle. Breakfast was basic and staff were very unhelpful. We asked about facilities to make coffee and were told by the receptionist she had 101 things to do and then would sort a coffee. Still waiting. Tried to check out and no one bothered to come to reception. Absolute disgrace and I am sorry I stayed there.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked this hotel as an add on to a Viking cruise. When we arrived, the manager advised us that our rooms had been overbooked and he was sending us to a sister hotel via taxi that he had paid for. When we arrived at this place it was nothing more than a hostel the young man who met us apologised for no lift - it was 67 steps to our room. We decided not to stay and luckily were able to find a City Plaza hotel free. I immediately complained to Booking.com with whom I had made the reservation and some two months later they provided a refund

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed in Omega for three days and had a great time. The rooms are moderate size which is usual in Amsterdam and the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The hotel was close to the tourist district and the weekend street market is only a minute away. The owner was a very nice gentleman who assisted me in every way to fully enjoy the scenery around town. I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Copperas Cove, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Omega Hotel is a comfortable hotel where everything is closed by. Its a 15 minute walk to the Heineken Experience and many other tourist attractions. The rooms are small but they are clean and cozy. The church across the street rings the bell every hour making the experience unique. I loved it. Staff is very friendly and very helpful. I recommend this place for visitors who don't want to spend a lot of money in lodging but still want to have a great central location.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dundalk, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

1st impression- like the Titanic- a total sinking ship. Rooms extremely basic & small. My room was not clean nor was it cleaned properly during my stay. The safe was not working & the feeble excuse given by the owner for NOT fixing it was was worthy of an Oscar winning performance. Breakfast.... The early bird catches the worm because just like Lidl- once they're gone they're gone! When either of the two cereal containers emptied they were not refilled, regardless of the time. The selection of food for breakfast was very poor. On a positive note the surrounding area is nice and quiet with not a drunken lout in sight! Try and avoid!!!

Room Tip: Don't expect much from any room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my friend for a week here. The first few nights were very difficult for us. Our initial room was tiny, hot (no air conditioning, but we did get a fan when we complained), uncomfortable, no wifi and we were woken up every hour from the churches clock tower throughout the night. When we spoke to the staff about our disappointment and frustrations they quickly remedied the situation for us. We received a much more comfortable room on the other side of the hotel far from the bells and afternoon heat. From that point on our stay was incredible! The staff was friendly, genuine, helpful, and kind. What an amazing staff! I even forgot my cellphone at the hotel the day I flew home, and the staff helped me retrieve it and then mailed it to me. To me, that is above and beyond. People make the experience and this staff really made my trip great! The location is conveniently located a short walk from Vondelpark and the VanGogh Museum, everything else is an easy ride on public transport away. Breakfast was ok after supplementing my own veggies to the toast and cheese spread. (The supermarket is very close too.) I think it was worth the money and I would definitely stay here again. Thank you Omega staff for dealing with us and helping us have a wonderful week!!

• Stayed July 2014
ראשון לציון, ישראל, מזרח התיכון
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Omega hotel is very nice place, once we arrived the staff was nice and kind, the rooms was pretty small but realy nice and the wi-fi signle in the room was bad, the breakfest was nice and you can eat inside or in the garden, the staff was kind and polite and realy freindly people, the location is little bit far from rembrandtsplein and from damsplein but not too far, amsterdam is a very nice and beatiful place and the hotel is in a great location queit safe and nice, when ill come back to this amazing city i defanatly take this hotel again...!!

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Omega Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!