“Anniversary Week-end” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ambassade Hotel

You added Ambassade Hotel to your Saves list
Ambassade Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Herengracht 341, 1016 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #7 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Garstang, United Kingdom
“Anniversary Week-end”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Just returned from an excellent 4 day break at the Ambassade Hotel. Some alterations going on at the moment but didnt spoil our stay at all. The room was beautiful overlooking the canal. Both room service and breakfast food was really good. The staff were very friendly and couldnt have been more helpful. All in all an exceptional break and would definitely stay there again. Thank you Ambassade.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dornbirn, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed in the Ambassade Hotel from the 8th to the 9th of December in room 17.

It is located beautifully right at the Herengracht. The first impression is romantic, special, a lot of atmosphere with extremely helpful and friendly staff members!

The room was lovely with special and beautifully old furniture. What I did not like: the curtains were already greyish, the heating was completely switched off upon my arrival (outside temperature was 7 degrees...) Whilst the bathroom clearly has been renovated with beautiful new tiles and mountings, the sinks and bathtub looked very used (still/again?) and a lot of the items would have loved to make the acquaintance of Cilit Bang..... Not a lot of attention went into details (cracked tiles not exchanged....)

What bothered me: there was construction work going on in the hotel ending at 4 pm, starting around 7:30/8 am with loud drilling and jack hammering. In all fairness, the hotel had informed me prior to my stay that the breakfast room could not be used due to reconstruction. But this was after I had booked at a non refundable rate and in all honesty I did not expect hat the noise would be to an extent hat even a phone call in my room was difficult.... And after a long party night I had not expected to be woken up by drilling at 7:30.....:-)

Finally: to the convenience of their guests the Ambassade hotel offers a 24 hour room service. Fabulous!!
I tried the Cesars Salad. My recommendation: don't.

All in all I think the value for money was ok, staff really nice and friendly, lovely location but probably not the choice I would recommend to my friends.

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
EelcoDouma, Reservations Manager at Ambassade Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Madam,

Once again we wish to thank you very much for your recent visit to the Ambassade Hotel and your contribution to Tripadvisor. Receiving your attentive remarks is very helpful.

We do have to say that indeed a small part of the hotel currently undergoes a renovation, however we are a bit surprised by reading your remark:
the construction work only starts after 9.00 am (and only on weekdays!).
Might any other noise have disturbed you, then we are really sorry and apologize for the inconvenience.

Also, we are surprised about your remarks on cleanliness and cracks in bathroom tiles: we double-checked immediately of course, but could not find any……

Finally we understood that a room service order did not live up to your expectations, for which once again we offer our sincere apologies. You might have noticed that this order has not appeared on your invoice.
Naturally we take your complaints very serious and we will investigate with the responsible persons what went wrong.

Your remark about the friendliness of our staff is really very nice and much appreciated. The staff of the Ambassade Hotel always tries to make everyone’s stay as enjoyable as possible and it is with regret noticing that at some points this effort has failed in your opinion.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again on another visit and so have the chance to offer you a better experience.

Eelco Douma
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Where do I begin to describe how lovely this hotel is…The location is in a non-commercial area of Amsterdam, with the building facing a canal. The rooms are stylishly decorated and there is an impressive art collection on view in the public spaces. This is a small hotel, but the professional and warm staff made us feel well taken care of. We only stayed two nights for our first visit to Amsterdam, but look forward to returning both to this charming city and to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I booked this online and got a good deal. There was a problem prior to travel when I had lost my passport so would not have been able to go. Emailed them and although it was a non refundable deal they offered to hold the booking for another time but said it may be more expensive. I was impressed. I managed to find the passport and they were very welcoming when we arrived and said they were worried for me that my passport was lost.
Excellent location in Herengracht near to many bars, cafes and sights. Clean comfortable room, a little warm but the windows could be opened. A minor point we did not have tea and coffee making facilities. There was 24hr room service available. We would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet high up room and that's what we got. It faced an inside courtyard. It was q...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
EelcoDouma, Reservations Manager at Ambassade Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Glad to read everything worked out alright with your lost passport and that you made it to Amsterdam. And of course that you enjoyed the Ambassade Hotel.

Hope to see you back soon.

Eelco Douma.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a very nice hotel which only suffered by comparison with the review which I had read about it. After a 15-20 minute walk from the central train station, we found the hotel. Upon checking in we were shown to our top floor room - this involved quite a lot of stairs and narrow corridors, but that reflects the architecture (tall, thin houses are, after all, typical here). The room was very comfortable, and we looked back out over the canal through a real window which we could open (quite rare in a hotel). If anything, I thought the room was a little bit small based upon the price. Overall, there was nothing really wrong with this room or the hotel; it's just that I was expecting something more, a greater level of luxury perhaps?
The hotel was very well placed for the madness of King's Day! We also walked very easily to the Rijksmuseum, and found lots and lots of excellent bars and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Checotah, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I disembarked from a uniworld river cruise and decided to stay an extra two nites in Amsterdam before our flight home to US. My friend and I searched for weeks for hotel to stay. We agreed on Ambassade. We were so impressed!!! The staff..so helpful w restaurant, museum info...anything!! Rooms were extremely modern and clean. Fresh flowers everywhere. Kinda like a fairytale hotel. I want to go back!!!!

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Kirby Hill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

Three of us came to Amsterdam for a weekend. The hotel is in a great location close to the flower market and very central. The rooms were all different, clean and fitted out nicely. Nice to see the extras, bottled water and fruit. Lovely people, and Amsterdam has so much to do, it was difficult to fit it in one weekend. Loved this place.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Ambassade Hotel? Share your experiences!